baala xoofto

Somaliland Can help

Somaliland could help a lot more not just in times of great need like droughts but in other areas like political issues and security issues. If only they knew. 

galbeedi   

WAryaa BX, don't go too far.

People are suffering all over Somaliland due to drought and water shortage. Go check Awdal coast were constant drought is taking place every  year or even Sanaag or Togdheer. Due to infliation and economy based on imports,  food prices are sky rocketing and people in major cities can't even afford to buy bread.

Young people from the diaspora go to Hargeisa, where looted millions are spent and think live is good. Most of the young dying in the high seas or rescued from Libyan prisons are from Somaliland. Unemplyment is 75%. The war torn south has less unemployed people and stable food prices.

In terms of politics , the parliament is based on tribal allegience not political parties, and when they vote, they do vote on tribal lines. 

It is small clan arrangement with Hargeisa as the base and few towns like Borama and Burco. Imagine if Baydhabo with Baraawe, Qoryoley , Marka and Afgooye having $300 million budget, and peace, they would be  rich. 

Just imagine 30 yuears has passed with zero factories, minisclue infrastructure and 80% uneployment. People have been waving the flag for 30 years, they need way out, but the quagmire in the south isn't helping. I know bombs flying in Mogadishu makes the Hargeisa crowd think they had achieved something, but that is a flase comparison. 

4 hours ago, galbeedi said:

I won't say much.

May Allah help the Somali people everywhere.

Amin inshallah. Very difficult times.

You touched lots of issues, some that are global, some that are unique to Somaliland of which you have exaggerated and some that are valid. 

Let me start with the valid topics.

1. After 30 years, Somaliland should have been in a much better position. True. But the headwind (Somali politics, package) is too strong. Given the circumstance, this is the best you could possibly do, I know I know, someone living in Europe or North America this seems very odd. But "habar fadhida legdin wax ula fudud".

Just getting people to remove their own rubbish is a huge undertaking. They will accuse you that you are doing this b/c you got some money from some external donors and you want them to do it for free, when you should be either paying them or doing it for them. Very difficult mindset. That is the least of the problem, asking people to get up and do something for themselves. 

2. The issue with not enough has not been done is exaggerated. Somaliland's problems are multiples of current and historic problems combined which is rolling like a snowball ever increasing NOT decreasing.

Just to get even with the problems will require billions of dollars of funding. 

Here is an illustration I found relevant to this issue.

Our issues is that huge tanker.. and we only got shovels to help free it - not even the bulldozer. If you know what I mean. 

image.png.0ad9a055dcc6a91e4bdc3a4de8b8bbbe.png

3. Droughts and natural disasters are common global challenges. There are mechanism in place to dealing with such things, specially for the 3rd World countries like majority African states. Somaliland sits outside those mechanisms. For example, the World Bank is funding to the tune of 45 million to respond to the Somali Region of Ethiopia's drought situation. 

By comparison, Somaliland received $1.5 million drought assistance. The Somaliland Gov't allocated from its own budget close 7 million dollars. 

Budgets are not money in the bank. It is money that is being collected on daily basis which need to be disbursed on daily basis on expense and projects. There is hardly any money in the bank by close of Business. Every dollar is allocated. 

Current accounts do not fix droughts or long term issues. What fixes these problems is big loans or funding to huge projects like water storage and dams from sums of dollars from Global funding facilities like World Bank and United Nations Development Agency etc. Somaliland has no access to these.

4. The issue with Libya and youth migration.

This is a global issue or Africa's issue when it comes to reaching Europe via Libya. 

Btw, the return project of the Somali Youth in Libya is a European project. They do not want these kids to reach Europe - that is their aim and end game. Rescuing these kids is last on their list.

The question that remains to be answered is, what is making them leave their country when they have peace and there is a lot of opportunities available. I have seen thousands of foreign youth (Et, Kenya, Indian, Pakistani, Yemeni) all working in different trades from electric, to building to manufacturing. So, that tells me that Work is there. Why Somaliland youth are leaving the country when there is work available?  To answer that question, it comes down to 'ii-do0r sal fududaa wuxu sugaayo muu dhawro". The majority of these youth are from Beesha Dhexe, like 90%. 

That said, Somaliland has put in place the necessary foundations that will allow her to leap frog the region in the next 5 to 10 years. 

Berbera Corridor is all but completed, trade links with the region established, Oil/Gas to be extracted in the next 24 months. 

It is all coming together inshallah. Dhiisha fakhriga dhawaan ayaa la xoori doona. 

30 minutes ago, baala xoofto said:

Amin inshallah. Very difficult times.

You touched lots of issues, some that are global, some that are unique to Somaliland of which you have exaggerated and some that are valid. 

Let me start with the valid topics.

1. After 30 years, Somaliland should have been in a much better position. True. But the headwind (Somali politics, package) is too strong. Given the circumstance, this is the best you could possibly do, I know I know, someone living in Europe or North America this seems very odd. But "habar fadhida legdin wax ula fudud".

Just getting people to remove their own rubbish is a huge undertaking. They will accuse you that you are doing this b/c you got some money from some external donors and you want them to do it for free, when you should be either paying them or doing it for them. Very difficult mindset. That is the least of the problem, asking people to get up and do something for themselves. 

2. The issue with not enough has not been done is exaggerated. Somaliland's problems are multiples of current and historic problems combined which is rolling like a snowball ever increasing NOT decreasing.

Just to get even with the problems will require billions of dollars of funding. 

Here is an illustration I found relevant to this issue.

Our issues is that huge tanker.. and we only got shovels to help free it - not even the bulldozer. If you know what I mean. 

image.png.0ad9a055dcc6a91e4bdc3a4de8b8bbbe.png

3. Droughts and natural disasters are common global challenges. There are mechanism in place to dealing with such things, specially for the 3rd World countries like majority African states. Somaliland sits outside those mechanisms. For example, the World Bank is funding to the tune of 45 million to respond to the Somali Region of Ethiopia's drought situation. 

By comparison, Somaliland received $1.5 million drought assistance. The Somaliland Gov't allocated from its own budget close 7 million dollars. 

Budgets are not money in the bank. It is money that is being collected on daily basis which need to be disbursed on daily basis on expense and projects. There is hardly any money in the bank by close of Business. Every dollar is allocated. 

Current accounts do not fix droughts or long term issues. What fixes these problems is big loans or funding to huge projects like water storage and dams from sums of dollars from Global funding facilities like World Bank and United Nations Development Agency etc. Somaliland has no access to these.

4. The issue with Libya and youth migration.

This is a global issue or Africa's issue when it comes to reaching Europe via Libya. 

Btw, the return project of the Somali Youth in Libya is a European project. They do not want these kids to reach Europe - that is their aim and end game. Rescuing these kids is last on their list.

The question that remains to be answered is, what is making them leave their country when they have peace and there is a lot of opportunities available. I have seen thousands of foreign youth (Et, Kenya, Indian, Pakistani, Yemeni) all working in different trades from electric, to building to manufacturing. So, that tells me that Work is there. Why Somaliland youth are leaving the country when there is work available?  To answer that question, it comes down to 'ii-do0r sal fududaa wuxu sugaayo muu dhawro". The majority of these youth are from Beesha Dhexe, like 90%. 

Opportunities available!!!!! what have you been smoking? No body will leave if they had opportunity, 99% of small positions that come up, go by nepotism rather than what you know.

Don't bury your head in the sand, Somalis everywhere face extreme challenges,  and mostly is because of poor leadership and tribalism.

Over 90% unemployment, poverty, hunger, famine,  too many fake universities, lack of skills, too many qooto qooto and increase of bad characters, list goes on.

It is natural thing, it is system failure 

I disagree somewhat. Yes there are a lot of problems. But there are equally a lot of opportunities. I have seen it with my own eyes. 

There is a cultural issue - which is very obvious also when you see our people in the West. No one wants a boss, or set hours. They want casual work, nice place, not too physical. Yes, there is a shortage of those jobs.

But if you want jobs that require you to be punctual day in-day out, hard work, difficult work. Then there is actually a lot of these. There are also a lot of opportunities in the trades. 

But like you said, there is a lot of universities and they are preparing youth for a different world - not the world they live in. Instead of business school, they should be studying metal works, instead of marketing school, they should have engineering skills. etc.

Galbeedi is it 75 percent unemplyenent or 80 percent it think ur making these numbers up. What ever it is u trying to look Somaliland look bad comparing it to the most failed state in Africa which can’t Hod elections selections and can’t even build a security apparatus . Dadka ha waalin galbeediyow waxani walanweyn jacayl ka badane

14 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

Opportunities available!!!!! what have you been smoking? No body will leave if they had opportunity, 99% of small positions that come up, go by nepotism rather than what you know.

Don't bury your head in the sand, Somalis everywhere face extreme challenges,  and mostly is because of poor leadership and tribalism.

Over 90% unemployment, poverty, hunger, famine,  too many fake universities, lack of skills, too many qooto qooto and increase of bad characters, list goes on.

It is natural thing, it is system failure 

He is ignoring too tahriibiyaasha ka buuxo jeelalka Liibiya. The majority of the returned ones by dowladda dhexe to Xamar are Reer Waqooyi. Heck kuwii maalin dhawayd xadka Turkiga iyo Giriiga qaboowga ku dilaaye qaarkood were Reer Waqooyi dhalinyaro tahriib ku socday.

galbeedi   
11 hours ago, Xaaji Xunjuf said:

Dadka ha waalin galbeediyow waxani walanweyn jacayl ka badane

Xaaji the old man said " waar xafiisyada ka soo baxa oo dadka iyo sayladaha yimaada".

Real life is beyond Hargeisa, Borama or Berbera. Just visit the villages outside towns and see the suffering.

fais   
On 2/21/2022 at 1:15 PM, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

He is ignoring too tahriibiyaasha ka buuxo jeelalka Liibiya. The majority of the returned ones by dowladda dhexe to Xamar are Reer Waqooyi. Heck kuwii maalin dhawayd xadka Turkiga iyo Giriiga qaboowga ku dilaaye qaarkood were Reer Waqooyi dhalinyaro tahriib ku socday.

How can a paper government save them when it can't even save the people it claims it rules..

It's well known that it's a IOM/EU program..

billede.png.b04118fcd7c0efcd90f16da882a9e8f6.png

And after that stunt in Xamar airport, youngsters from Somaliland will be flown directly to Hargeysa....

Reer somalia are many times more than reer Somaliland when it comes to thariib, so that statement, that majority is reer Somaliland, is ludacris...