galbeedi

Farmaajo had just started his sixth year, yet not much to show for it.

galbeedi   

Farmaajo todobaadkan aan ku jiro waxa u bilawday sanadkisii lixaad.

As they say , certainly time flies. This week we are entering the sixth year of the Farmaajo administration. Those who live in the harsh winter weather like us,  we always welcome the coming spring with better things on the horizon. And despite what Rooble or others say, this election cycle might not end until the end of spring. We will be lucky if the election takes place around April or even May 2022.

Yet, according to many , especially the loyal opposition, The sixth year of Farmaajo could come and go without any significant changes affecting the major issues facing Somalia, especially security. While the national army is taking back some towns in Galmudug or pacifying Beledweyne for the coming elections, no major towns in Jubbaland or Lower Shabbelle had been liberated by the Farmaajo regime.

We heard the news about the Turkish trained Gorgor (The Eagle brigade) confronting and fighting Al-shabaab in central Somalia and South West regions, but at the moment, for the sixth year in a row, Gorgor and those who proceeded them  haven't liberated any major towns. Marka, Qoryooley, Sablaale, Baraawe, Jawhar and many towns in Middle Shabeele were liberated by the Hassan Sheikh regime. Farmaajo sent soldiers to Gedo which was already controlled by the Jubbland allied forces, rather than confronting Al-shabaab in Bu'alle and Jilib. The later town is one of the richest towns in Jubbaland in terms of natural resources. Both the former favtory of Mareerey and Faanoole agriculture program is located in Jilib. it is central town that connects Baraawe, KIsmaayo , Bay regions and Gedo. Holding Jilib made the extremists much richer.

Travel between Baidoa and Mogadishu road is impossible as well as within middle Shabeele and the capital. Any government institutional improvement made by former premier Khayre was destroyed during the time of Rooble. Folks, we are almost square one in  many major issues. 

Despite the success of the Farmaajo government achieved in managing government finances, including paying soldiers on time and gaining some praises in the foreign policy, not much has changed in terms of securing in the south-central regions of the country. The country had been thrown in to wrestling political match since September 2020 which later developed in to embarrassing power struggle between the premier and the president. The polarization of the country is at the lowest level in the history.

The selection process of the MPS had not only become corrupt and illegal, but also bizarre and comical. A similar scenarion of corrupt practises of selecting the members of parliament took place in 2016, but this one seems to be the record year with open daylight theft and overpowering those who failed to get muscle. The biggest theft of all had taken place among the northern delegates. Before these corrupt maneuvers and vote buying took place  since 2012, The election of 1969 was one of the most corrupt in Somalia. Ballot stuffing, sidelining legitimate contenders and the registering of over 80 parties, destroyed the trust of the Somali public had in democracy and elections some fifdty years ago. 

No wonder in 1969 when the military took over the country , there were celebrations throughout the country and specially the north western regions where the late premier Egal hailed. In fact, Egal handpicked his men and chased out many prominent men who later joined the " Kacaan" as bureaucrats and leaders. 

I am afraid that if these shenanigans in Mogadishu and regional towns continue, the Somali people might rise up and reject the whole thing. That could set the clock back to another decadecor worse.

As things stand today, most of the HAG politicians who encouraged illegal Inserection seem to be losing support. HAssan Sheikh is out of the sight with no meaningful support other than few pockets from the north. Shariif Ahmed is the Dahabshill,  Buurmadow , Cabdi/Hashi/Samatar gang candidate, aided by Uhuru and Omar Geele . C/laahi Deni, who is the real challenger of Farmaajo is hiding these days and working behind the scene. The Dayano family aided by Reer Bari oligarchs had wounded him badly, but that doesn't mean he is giving up. Deni is a hard nosed man who is mostly self made. In 2016, Cumar Sharmaarke and company asked him to refrain from running for president to avoid crowding the field and splitting the Puntland vote. He refused and run winning 18 votes.

Deni, as a card cayying Muslim Brotherhood member, he has no any simpathy for either C/weli or Sharmaarke. He could have probably kicked Faroole in the teeth , but the Garoowe based Aaran Jaan oligarchs are very powerful to mess with. Anyway, unless unkown man ridding a dark horse shows up the last minute, this contest is between Farmaajo and Deni. At the end, if the HAG want to get rid of Farmaajo, they have to swallow their Puntland antipathy and join the Deni Wagon.

Ahmed Madoobe is getting many conflicting orders from Uhuru who is pushing him on one side and his buddy C/laahi Deni who fought with him in the trenches.

On the other hand Farmaajo is ready to begin his sixth year with familiar faces. My sources tell me that Mr. C/caziiz Laftagareen will be running as the speaker of the parliament and Mr. Qoor Qoor will be the next premier under Farmaajo, and the kid named Cali Yare will take over in Galmudug the land of trouble. If the stars are aligned for Farmaajo, his next government will be led by truely tested men who have the same outlook and the direction Somalia should take. With Cali Guudlaawe setlling well in Hiiraan, the fourth man in the Farmaajo caravan is full. 

As we speak, again,  the biggest losers in Hiiraan are the HAG branch of Hiiraan based in Beledweyne. They rooted for anarchy and supported  the dwelling armies of the old general Xuud seeking some retirement cash another unkown fake general and Al-shabaab. When the healthy and good looking soldiers of Gorgor showed up early in the morning, the Beledweyne citizens gave the soldiers tea and milk. Guudlaawe landed and all seem to forgotten and forgiven. In military jargon, the way the military boys apear in uniform disarms the opposition in a serious way. Good job.

Waxaad moodaa in dadka laka Ilaalinayo si aysan u wada hadal oo u heshiin. Kuwa Hargeisa jooga marka laga reebo Xaaji Xanjuf iyo xertiisa sidaas oo kale armay u soo dhaweeyaan ciidanka qaranka. Be very affraid Xaaji.

Other than Jamaal, the current planning minister, C/raxman Beyle and foreign minister C/saciid, the rest of the cabinet will be flshed out with few ecxptions. If Farmaajo comes back, Deni will prepare his retirement, and Ahmed Madoobe will be replaced by OOmaar, the Jubbaland native who  preparing his inserection to oust Masdoobve in Nairobi, probably with the blessing of Uhuru Kenyatta.

Nin reer Gedo ah ayaa waxa uu yidhi, " waar ninkan Farmaajo hadal yaqaan ma ahan, karti badana ma leh, haddana dadka haddi cod laga qaado, isagaa loogu shubi, siday wax u jiraan?. Inta aanan su'aashaas ka jawaabin, C/laahi Deni oo dayaarad ka soo raacaya Djibouti ayaa yidhi, " haddii dadkan reer Djibouti oon weligood Farmaajo arag haddi la yidhaahdo cod u qaada isaga iyo Cumar Geelle waxa laga yaaba in Farmaajo guulaysto, Tolow dadka miyuu sixray?

It is hard to answer why people like the reclusive man who hasn't done much, yet adored by many Somalis. There arec probably many reasons. here is few :

1- Most Somalis indentify their political leanings due to their clan. geograpgy or the past history of Somalia compared to the current climate.       Everyone agrees that Farmaajo isn't a man known to be tribal. Even Reer Gedo will tell ypu he doesn't care about his clan. Even C/laahi Deni publicly said that Farmaajo might not be even a member of the D block( Waar ma hubtaan ninku in uu D yahay).

2- As they saying goes, "  if talking is money, silence is golden".  Somalis have been arguing for ages and everyone has his own opinions about evetrything. Suddenly, there is this man that doesn't say much, yet everyone asumes that Farmaajo is working for Somalia to atke its place among proud nations and his silence is interpreeted as no nonesense man working quitely for the nation.

3--In general, the Somali people see Farmajoas a clean living man that doesn't steal the public purse. Due to the work of Dr. Beyle, the international financial instutuions have praised the financial management of the the Farmaajo adminitration. Futhermore, the ugly moves of premier Rooble by focusing the UAE cash at the central bank, and the accusations of stealing public land, had semented Farmaajo's image as the honest president of the new Somalia.

Yet, he most imporant answer that I usually give to the question of the Gedo man and Deni is this: The Somali people has been calculating and recording what those who destryoed the national government since 1991 has been doing from Hargeisa to Garoowe, Mogadishu and beyond. No matter how many evil that took place in Somalia in the eighties or the dictatorial system of government, people are nostalgic about  the regular and predictable life they had before the upheavel. When I was in Mogadishu in the eighties as a student, I considersed that town  to be my own town like those who were born there ( Muqdisho cid baa kaa xigta ma rumaysnayn). People are tired of those beating the tribal drums, yet couldn't pacify or create a system in one single village. After many false promises and stagnant systems of government with zero ability to move up or change their situations, People hate their own local leaders and would prefer a national government and FArmaajo fills that void. He is a hope of good things to come for many Somalis. From Hargeisa to Hiiraan we are all nostalgic of the days of the Kacaan, the Somalia of 1985.

A man in Hargeisa says, " in 1982 we had water and we didn't even pay the bill because we we sivil servants, yet in 2022we have no water in Hargeisa although we are willing to pay" . Every Somali that is looking for national government is looking FArmaajo.

Dawlada qAranka fArmaajo ayaa laga urinayaa.

aNow what the alternative leadership rapresent in the eyes of the people? 

Here we asume that preception is almost realty. You say Shariif Ahmed and and what comes to mind? Islamic courts, Al-shabaab and chaos. While Shariif is a good man, he is the product of that chaos and without that  is he won't be here. Waa kuwii masiibada iyo Al-shabaab inoo keenyay.Hassan Sheikh whom I consider to an able man who achieved a lot in very short period, including creating Galmudug, South West and welcomed Jubbaland, furthermore clearing many town from Al-shabaab, has serious credibility issues. We might be all tribal, but no one likes a president who sits in the middle of the clan and proclaims " Mudulood waa Qaran". Also, unlike Farmaajo he couldn't hide his financial transuctions discreetly, thus he is labeled as corrupt. Waa Tuug ayaa u baxday.

Finally,  C/laahi Deni has issues including allying with foreign governments to sideline Farmaajo and some obstructions of the national elections. Those are all political narratives that could be explained or projected as mere political attacks. Furthermore, there isn't much money to be stealed provincially compared the  2 billion dollar yearly federal budget, and Boosaaso port matter is negotiated by C/weli That is why I am saying that the only man who could confront Farmaajo in the public arena is Deni. 

Anyway let us hold the ugly auction and get over with it. 

Deni and Madoobe will be tested soon in regards to seats from Garbahaarey and Bosaso.

Laftagareen did them in when he made sure Baraawe hosted its allocated seats. Guudlaawe has succeeded in Beledweyne.

P.s. Farmaajo is liked by Somalis not cuz he did anything tangible but he gave them a sense of hope or atleast the perception of it.

1 hour ago, Che -Guevara said:

P.s. Farmaajo is liked by Somalis not cuz he did anything tangible but he gave them a sense of hope or atleast the perception of it.

Iyo ciidamadii ayuu dhisay si heersare ah, mushaarkoodana joogto ka dhigay. Soomaaliya's soldiers first time defended xad beenaadka u dhaxeeyo Mandheera iyo Buuloxaawo.

Wasaaradda maaliyada sidaasoo kale, canshuurtii ti tayo leh loo qaado. His government paid all government employees salaries continuously first since 1990. His government also brought in first VAT in Soomaaliya. His government also initiated debt forgiveness program with tangible results. 

He rebuilt national landmarks - including Garoonka Ciyaaraha Muqdisho, Tiyaatarka Qaranka, Madxafka Qaranka - to give Soomaaliya as a coming back nation.

His government rehabilitated and brought back Soomaalida dalal badan ku rafaadsaneyd, including those in Liibiya.

He made Soomaaliya's government dal madax banaan oo sida la rabo laga yeeli karin, kicking out Jen. Gabre, UN representative and dismantling militia soldiers loyal to Imaaraadka.

His government started welfare assistance to the poorest with some international support. 

His biggest mistake, however, was letting go Kheyre and bringing mid aad u baahan, who can easily bought. Kheyre could have easily bought by Imaaraadka, Sacuudiga iyo Kiikuuyada to cause division. But he stuck with him. Meesha wax badso wax beel ayuu ka keenay.

Anyway, wax dhaamo oo muuqda meesha ma joogaan. All are failed and corrupt dan shisheeye ku shaqeeyo aan hore u soo aragnay. 

galbeedi   
5 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

THere was this Somali cab driver in Calgary who picked up two loud Nigerian ladies. THey told him they want cthe losest and faster route to their destination. After few exchanges, they did ask him where he came from and told he wasv from Africa. Where in Africa they demanded, and he said east Africa. THey asked where exactly? and he told them Somalia. Did you guys know Somalia?

He said they jumped up and said " Of course , we know your president Farmaajo who is one of the most honest president Africa, you guys are lucky we wish we had one like him instead of the thieves we have in west Africa. When he asked how did they know this? they said their NigerianYoutubers discuss discuss this and how kicked out UN crookes and others.

Nigeeriyaankii ayaa leh Farmaajo ii Geeya. 

3 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

He made Soomaaliya's government dal madax banaan

Of course,  his foreign policy success which put Somalia in the map again, but the security issues and Al-shabaab threat is still present.

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

Abdi90   
21 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Iyo ciidamadii ayuu dhisay si heersare ah, mushaarkoodana joogto ka dhigay. Soomaaliya's soldiers first time defended xad beenaadka u dhaxeeyo Mandheera iyo Buuloxaawo.

Wasaaradda maaliyada sidaasoo kale, canshuurtii ti tayo leh loo qaado. His government paid all government employees salaries continuously first since 1990. His government also brought in first VAT in Soomaaliya. His government also initiated debt forgiveness program with tangible results. 

He rebuilt national landmarks - including Garoonka Ciyaaraha Muqdisho, Tiyaatarka Qaranka, Madxafka Qaranka - to give Soomaaliya as a coming back nation.

His government rehabilitated and brought back Soomaalida dalal badan ku rafaadsaneyd, including those in Liibiya.

He made Soomaaliya's government dal madax banaan oo sida la rabo laga yeeli karin, kicking out Jen. Gabre, UN representative and dismantling militia soldiers loyal to Imaaraadka.

His government started welfare assistance to the poorest with some international support. 

His biggest mistake, however, was letting go Kheyre and bringing mid aad u baahan, who can easily bought. Kheyre could have easily bought by Imaaraadka, Sacuudiga iyo Kiikuuyada to cause division. But he stuck with him. Meesha wax badso wax beel ayuu ka keenay.

Anyway, wax dhaamo oo muuqda meesha ma joogaan. All are failed and corrupt dan shisheeye ku shaqeeyo aan hore u soo aragnay. 

I have to burst you buble, this is one of the issues why i withdrew my support for Farmajo. If you take a facit and make a check on all the new institutional/government projects started by Hassan Shekh vs Famaajo you will become disappointed. 

1) Ciidamada?: When Farmajo become president the first patches of fully trained army have already started arriving from turkey

goobjooge.net

2) VAT?: It was already in place in 2014 when i visited restaurang in liido beach and got a recit with VAT in it(5%)

3) Debt forgiveness?: The debt-relief process was started by former finance minister Mohamed Aden Ibrahim (Farketi) under Hassan Sheikh Mohamud’s administration.

4) Garoonka ciyaaraha?: Renovations started under Xassan shekh  wikipedia

5) National Theatre of Somalia?: Renovations started under Xassan shekh  wikipedia

Its good that by now all pro farmajo people know from (Farmaajos own mouth) that the credit for the sea case in HAG belonged to Hassan Shekh otherwise they would be running everywhere with it as a victory brought by Farmaajo.

I supported the election of new president because in my opinion the progress under Xassan was very slow, but after 2 years with Farmaajo it become obviously he was not better, even worse when you check all the new institutional/policy buildings initiated/started under Xassan shekh vs Farmaajo.

Hopefully in the comming election we will get new president that is far better that Xassan Shekh and Farmaajo, that is if Farmaajo have not already tampered the election process in his favor, then we maybe stuck with not only an incompetent president but a new dictator like the once in Djibuti and Uganda.

Aniga iima sheegeysid Xasan Sheekh iyo tuugnimadiisa. He was the most corrupt jago sare ka qabto Soomaaliya. Xamar waxaa looga yaqaanaa 'gacanta taagan.' I mean, his hand was always up for all it can grab. I heard this from dadka Xamar degan themselves regardless of their qabiil affiliation. 

There was a relative of mine who was a minister in Xasan Sheekh's corrup-filled regime. That person said any aid, donation their ministry received, Xasan and his wife had a special people who handled it to take away the usual 25% of the aid, regardless how crucial the aid was. This happened in every ministry.

He stole a large hectares of land next to Aaden Cadde airport that was owned by the airport authority. That land is a banquet hall now and is controlled by his brother. I had seen it. 

No body can go to the garoonka diyaaradaha unless one use basas Xasan's family own. Each person is charged for ten dollars to only to go where one can walk to. I used this bus xoog la iskugu dhacaayo. 

These mfckers that support  president cause of his qabiil will never seize to amaze. 

MMA, the brother of XSHM had nothing before that I have been told.  Now, his little gift from brother Xasan he is OK. 

I think, Farmaajo,  will leave presidency with no loot from his tenure, hopefully.  Thus far,  the trajectory is good.  

Abdi90   
10 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Aniga iima sheegeysid Xasan Sheekh iyo tuugnimadiisa. He was the most corrupt jago sare ka qabto Soomaaliya. Xamar waxaa looga yaqaanaa 'gacanta taagan.' I mean, his hand was always up for all it can grab. I heard this from dadka Xamar degan themselves regardless of their qabiil affiliation. 

There was a relative of mine who was a minister in Xasan Sheekh's corrup-filled regime. That person said any aid, donation their ministry received, Xasan and his wife had a special people who handled it to take away the usual 25% of the aid, regardless how crucial the aid was. This happened in every ministry.

He stole a large hectares of land next to Aaden Cadde airport that was owned by the airport authority. That land is a banquet hall now and is controlled by his brother. I had seen it. 

No body can go to the garoonka diyaaradaha unless one use basas Xasan's family own. Each person is charged for ten dollars to only to go where one can walk to. I used this bus xoog la iskugu dhacaayo. 

Ofcourse Xassan shekh was corrupt, i know first hand about the lucrative land he owns near the airport. But that wont make the useless empty talker Farmajo better, there is NOTHING substantiell made by Farmaajo except molding the NISA under his control to subvert democracy and steel the election which is far more dangerous than some corruption

Duufaan   
WWW.WARQAAD.INFO

Ciidan la sheegay inay katirsan yihiin meliteriga Soomaaliya balse hab beeleed u abaabulan ayaa maanta caasimada hirshabelle ee Jowhar kusoo bandhigay dhoolatus ciidan iyagoo ku hanjabay inay tallaabo...

SIX YEARS! There were a lot of people here who were convinced that he would not be surviving for  2 years, Like Old Suldaan and others. His biggest mistake was hiring Rooble.

The structural SNA problem that Xassan shekh created was much more dangerous than his corruption. During the Hassan Sheikh Somalia got billion dollars fund and hundreds of military trucks. Instead of continue the existing SNA structural he armed moqdisho  clan Malesia and few others in the country, each separate. Guuto kowaad one tribe and Guuto labaad another tribe, etc. These tribal Malesia do not  take orders from the central command but get paid no matter what. Farmaajo tried to build new forces who takes orders from the central command but old ones are still there armed and loyal for their tribes.

The next president must continue the existing structure with Gorgor the back bone of SNA forces. Otherwise nothing can be done the security.