Sign in to follow this  
mz-alpha-soup

Women should be educated but...

Hassan_B   

Life is hard and we're going to be faced with hard choices, to each his own decision.

my opinion is that it is better for a family to be poor but raise children with akhlaq and taqwa than the vis-versa. Unfortunately, for children to be raised with that requires lots and lots of time and sacrifice from both parents. Parents should be ready to sacrifice their material well being for the wellbeing of their children in this world and the next. I believe parents would profit twice, worldly and other-worldly, from such a strategy. Single parenthood is one of the worst things that could happen to a family. and I face this daily in our community.

Kulmiye   

Originally posted by Hassan_B:

Life is hard and we're going to be faced with hard choices, to each his own decision.

my opinion aq and taqwa than the vis-versa. Unfortunateis that
quote:

it is better for a family to be poor but raise children with akhlly, for children to be raised with that requires lots and lots of time and sacrifice from both parents. Parents should be ready to sacrifice their material well being for the wellbeing of their children in this world and the next. I believe parents would profit twice, worldly and other-worldly, from such a strategy. Single parenthood is one of the worst things that could happen to a family. and I face this daily in our community.

Kulmiye   

I agree with you 100%. its been said that those with low socioeconomic have a highest tendency of making an impact in the world we live in, and humanity in general. Nelson Mandela is a good example- the principles of good parenting will last a life time- but material and wealth can be taken away in seconds.

I firmly believe that education should be available to every. MAN, WOMEN, YOUNG, OLD, RICH and POOR- through education, people ask more questions, which will lead to more answers. Education eliminates, ignorance and stereotypes- there is an old say that "if you educate a nation, you educated a nation"

Cabdow   

^ Eventhough i don't agree, but there is also another old saying that goes "If you educate a woman, expect her nose to go up in the sky" :D

Paragon   

Originally posted by strawberry&cream:

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Paragon:

It all depends on her mother - whether or not she taught her how to cook good food.

pardon me sir, but growing up, my mother never taught me how to cook and now you could say culinary is my forte, and its all self taught :cool:
You taught yourself? Tst tst, that is not good. Not good at all. You see a woman MUST be dispositioned to be 'taught' a thing or two by another person -that person finally being her husband - or else it'll be 'you can't teach new tricks to an old dog'.

Now unteach yourself what culinary skills you taught yourself.

Cabdow   

Speaking of the devil...i mean the angel icon_razz.gif Cara, she can look down all she wants, but with a high school diploma? Warya Com'on son that's just wrong :D

Kulmiye   

Any man who is afraid or fears an educated woman is imprudent, arrogant, and insecure. because he feels that his manhood has been challenged when the woman have the superior knowledge.

Originally posted by Kulmiye:

Any man who is afraid or fears an educated woman is imprudent, arrogant, and insecure. because he feels that his manhood has been challenged when the woman have the superior knowledge.

sorry for my language,but i actually hate this kind of attitude.that men are intimidated by successful women huhaa.

education is available for all so why not go to uni and get your degree.why limit your chance of success?

Any farah who is able to pay for uni but doesnt go to uni out of caajisnimo is a damn loser.

all in all,if a woman reaches 30 either by choice(she chose not to marry until certain age) or by circumstance(she isnt enough attractive to attract a male) then you hear someone say she is indepedent and strong and that men are intimated by her? wtf,on the other hand,if she has a university degree and is educated she is also threating,give me a break!!

Do you know what would be more disastrous? if some of us hear actually believe such thing and try to act on it on real life!

Any how,where are all those successful ,liberated and indepedent women?

i definitely would like to meet them.lol

Kulmiye   

"you hear someone say she is indepedent and strong and that men are intimated by her? wtf,on the other hand,if she has a university degree and is educated she is also threating,give me a break"

Horta you made a valid point- and agree with you that not all men are threatened by the popular believe that we fear higher knowledge. however some brothers want less educated sister because they feel that they can mentally control and manipulate them, or perhaps she will be home to do the house chores and look after the kids. and some women are okay with the idea, others wants to be the dominant one in the household. waa qaringan sheekada socota:)

Hassan_B   

unless we know our roles in such a relationship, it is difficult to make sense of how these things work. Just look at biology; women in general are attracted to men with a lot going for themselves, preferably more than themselves so that they can be leaders/guardians/protectors and can feel secure she and her children will be taken care of under his shade. many women raised in the west with feminist attitudes find this very distasteful even though it is a biological reality. it is just the way things are.

I will now run and hide behind my chair...

Well,If a woman wants to find a man who can easily be dominated then they should go for sissies! joking

but are we assuming education makes women dominant?

Why not matual understanding and cooperation.You know what the ARABS say in such situation (Ana Amiir wa anta Amiir faman yaquudul ximaar!) which literally translates into something like(I am the leader and you are also the leader who is going to unload the donkey!)