Sign in to follow this  
mz-alpha-soup

Women should be educated but...

Poster,

Read the following article about women and the workforce because you just might learn something.

The piece is entitled: ' Women Poised to Dominate Work Force For First Time'

The traditional American family has featured a man as the breadwinner, but as with everything these days, this traditional frame of mind is being challenged by the greater economic picture. For the first time in American history, women are in a position to outnumber men in the work force. Let that sink in for a moment, and read more.

Men have endured the overwhelming majority of layoffs during this recession, representing 82 percent of the total job losses. As it turns out, the traditional roles that women have assumed in nurturing jobs like health care and education are also relatively recession-proof, while male-dominated fields like manufacturing and construction have been pummeled by the economy.

It's a double-edged sword, in a sense. As Heather Boushey, a senior economist at the Center for American Progress explained, "Given how stark and concentrated the job losses are among men, and that women represented a high proportion of the labor force in the beginning of this recession, women are now bearing the burden — or the opportunity, one could say — of being breadwinners."

It is apparent the American work force is going through dynamic changes, gender-based and otherwise. What do you make of this news?

Are the millions of women around the globe who are expected to dominate the workforce unfit to be mothers? If so, do you think someone who is not married yet can do a better job ya poster?

What about the millions of Irish women who already dominate the workforce? Are they fit for motherhood?

Curly   

Originally posted by mz-alpha-soup:

Khadija (radhiya lahu anha).. waz a very pious woman..she was on no comparison to us..nor can we compare that time and now.

I think you'll find Islam is to follow the way of the prophet and we should do as much as we can to be like him and even the companions. There's a famous haddith that says "work in the dunya like you'll live for ever and work for the akhira like you'll die tomorrow" so don't demonise working for the dunya it's a means to an end. Sure the mother has an important role and so does the father that is something our culture often forgets.

Given that the large majority of us live in the western world we find ourselves in a position that we must work even without children. I'd love to stay at home with my child but the simple fact is you can't...if you can find a job that is flexible that's great but you started this topic saying that you wouldn't work when you become a mother and leave your husband hungry.

You didn't answer by first question, if you were planning to stay at home and your husband worked how do you plan to pay for rent/mortgage, food bills and clothes for your children and the rest? You obviously have no idea what it's like to raise a child in this country...if you took a minute to find out you'd see it's not black and white. And you're in no position to be throwing around statements like "i dont believe in this crap of a woman throwing her kids in creche' and going to work".

Originally posted by Curly:

You didn't answer by first question, if you were planning to stay at home and your husband worked how do you plan to pay for rent/mortgage, food bills and clothes for your children and the rest?

Curly I thought you were smarter than that. Lacagta ciyaalka lagu qaadanaayo iyo ceer. Simples. But the man has to work, a man can't take ceer because it's reserved for women only because they can't work but still need the money to raise the family. Duhhh!

MZ- you might want to homeschool as well cuz molesters are in schools too.

Some mothers don't have the luxury of staying home to take care of their children because nowadays you need two incomes just to maintain a decent living.

As a working mother, I don't feel that my children are neglected. I still cook, help w/ homework, clean...etc.

I also know a lot of mothers who stay at home all day talking on the phone with cibaado and cambaro while their children are begging for food, wearing dirty clothes.

So pls don't judge working mothers.

BTW, you too can find yourself divorced with no Farah to take care of you, so u might need to work full time.

Poster, you dont to put ur kids in day care to work, u can just pay for a nany or ur mom can baby sit. Besides, if you want to school all those years what's the point of wasting money to go to school if ur not gonna anything with that degree. I wouldnt basically just go to school and waste thousands of dollars to just decorate that degree on my wall. Besides there is something call mult-tasking, yes u can work and raise ur kids well and have the best relationship with ur husband.

Blessed   

LOL, Mz Alpha.. you've a very skewed view of motherhood. Adding to what was already said, working doesn't necessarily have to be about money, some of women crave the mental challenge and actually have something valuable to offer society. I switch between being a SAHM and working mum depending on my families needs and I don't think I'm a better mother because I do one / the other.

And in either case, my husband doesn't sit around waiting for me to do every thing.. not all men are retards who only think about their rights, some know their responsibilities too. smile.gif

malika...ammiin walal.and thnx luv.. smile.gif

Layzie G..u still read my 'when i' post didnt you? thnx..i appreciate it.. smile.gif ...and trust me i have an idea of raising kids..i helped raise my nieces and nephews for almost 10 years.. and am still doing it..i also have friends who have kids and have seen the way some are trying to juggle it....and ofcourse only Allah subhana watacala knowz if am gon get married and have kids..waan duceysta ..but in life you have to have hopes and dreams and everyone has preferance of how they hope to run there lives....and dont get me wrong luv, i have a great job alhamdulilah..so yh i have already come to 'grasp' with having a career as u put it..

I would also never say that the working mother is unfit.. ...this is just my opinion...am sure the way u run your life differs from the next woman..

Curly..am not againt working. and i know that the father has to play his part.. i definately dont favour the man over the woman...you are right that mayb i didnt write the topic in full as i should have...thats why i am having to explain myself now ..

I have seen some of my brothers who are married with kids az well az some people that i know who live on one income..and if the one income doesnt work for me like i have already said before i have no problem working from home when they are very young and go out to work when they go school.

Common sense ....am not judging you nor any other working mother i am sure you are doing your best...i dont know how it feels like to be in your shoez walal..this is my opinion and you can beg to differ..and you are right some stay at home mums talk on the phone all day and hardly get anything done..i find that sad too.. and yes the farah can do a runner on me and leave me with kids (allahu manajeyna)..if that happens.. inshallah i will have to try my best to cope..alhamdulilah i have alot of family whom i can count on az well i started saving for a rainy day..hopefully it wont be tht rainy day!..and yh i know not everyone is as blessed..so i say goodluck to you sis and may Allah make it easy for all of us in this dunya and akhira..amiin.

abaay haylay..i support working too!..i guess i should have said this in ma post.

blessed ..am already exhausted explaining maself lol..i get your point tho..and i never said men are retards..i hope they dont come on here and skew me like a kebab..am already getn it from some women lef right and centre!! :D

Curly   

Like I said you'e entitled to make your own decision but one income families only survive when you don't need to pay for housing. A large portion of your wages will always go into rent/mortgage.

I think families who choose to be on caydh when they could work and continue to have children is appalling!

Gabareey, you certainly have the right to choose how you run your household. I think the problem is you painting a negative picture about moms who put their kids in day care and the shock and horror of hungry men coming home with no food “on the table.”

You too are making a lot of assumptions:

First, you’re assuming you’ll find a man who makes enough for you and little ones. In many marriages, this is not the case. To be even considered a middle-class(which is not much by the way) you need two incomes 90% of the time.

2nd : you are assuming if Plan A fails(a husband who makes enough money), you will work from home or you will find a job that allows you to leave after kids go to school and come home before they come home, accommodating your personal preference. You might not find such job. What then?

3rd: And this is your biggest assumption, you think working mom’s aren’t good nurturers? Whatever gave you such idea? What about your husband? Doesn’t he have responsibility other than putting food on the table?

And are you kidding about child molestation? Kids can get molested anywhere, the school, local dugsi, at home, etc.

But what really bugs me about this post is the fact that you reduced to women to a child-bearing factory: nothing more. There is something satisfying and fulfilling about pulling your own weight and contributing to society. And did you say you will count on your family and (a bit of saving you collected from your grocery money am assuming) God forbid, should the money-making man opt to leave you and your children? God, how naïve are you?

:confused:

Curly   

Choc she said she works now and plans to save for a rainy day...it's not grocery money smile.gif

Hey Mz Soup a sister (who has 5 children and works full time, mashallah) asked me to pass along a message...she really admires your thinking and would love to be a stay at home mum but said sadly it's not a true reflection of what's it's like out in the real world.

That is a good Choice sis,And I as a Male Confrim to it.

We have casese of women being fed the feminism trash agenda who put emphasis on work ahead of their children.A really responsible man will not marry unless he is able to afford a comfortible life for his family.

There is a difference b.w a full working mom and part time working mom and we should be careful not to generalize.If a man Goes to work and comes back to find NO food on the table,dirty house and further worse,children being molested by the so called day care experts then there is really something wrong in that marriage.

Going to college is a cool thing but when you get the degree at the age of 28 there comes the dilemma,would you pursue your career ambitions and work hard as a man to become indepedent at loss of finding a suitable husband and loving children.

We men are selfish in nature,why? when we become successful,we dont care about the educational achievements of our would be wifeys,our main priority is if she can cook a good delicious food and can become a loving mother who raises her kids accordingly.

NGONGE   

MY rule in SOL is that if I met you or know someone that has met you then you are a female, everyone else is a man in a burkah (except LayZie G, for obvious reasons).

Therefore, and having examined this topic in great detail, I am forced to conclude that it is stuff and nonsense.

Curly   

Ngonge regardless of her gender the opinion was one shared by the unfortunate masses and should be addressed.

Just look at the tripe Eng.Cadde just wrote! BTW Eng. Cadde I hope for your own sake and that of the people that have to live with you that you are joking! If you're not joking you're either a young deluded boy or someone with real mental health issues. Besides a man with such outdated views (like yours) couldn't possibly earn that much to be in the position to look himself much less a family.