Sign in to follow this  
mz-alpha-soup

Women should be educated but...

Originally posted by chubacka:

personally i wouldnt put any child under 3 in nursery.

You are right. What they need when they are under 3 is a full-time stay-in nanny. They need to bond with an adult :D

Miriam1   

Mz-alpha, I read your post - no jokes you did touch a nerve lol. Sweeping statements like the ones you presented about women, education and work are my biggest pet peeve

1 - Although one should learn about their Deen - we should also be engaged in the Dunya - hence getting an education for your own betterment and security

2 - All women who work don't "throw" their children at daycares nor leave their husbands without "food" I grew up with women who worked a standard 9-5 job, maintained a home and brought children who are successful. After all marriage is a partnership!

3 - If you want to stay home for YOUR children that's cool - that's your decision.

4 - Your comment on most childminders being sexual predators - that's jokes most cases of sexual abuse, takes place within the family - Father, Grandfather, Family friends etc

Is there even a point in issuing a rejoinder here?

Mz- a woman like you must be acquainted with the 1955 Good Wife’s Guide? If not, do me a favour read it. I hope it serves you well, as it did women many moons ago.

p.s. Ahh wet nurses.......Cara I plan to get my hands on one. I’ll be dammed if i let my future lil-good for nothing leeches ruin my boobies too. :D

Originally posted by mz-alpha-soup:

ok here goes..education is key to evryone but when i get married inshallah i want to stay home and raise my children and use the education i have recieved to better them..i dont believe in this crap of a woman throwing her kids in creche' and going to work...i mean first off some other woman is raising your child with her morals..all you are doing is puting them to sleep and when your husband comes home, most likely there will be no food on the table....ahem...oh and b4 i forget i think to be taught deenta is more important..
smile.gif

lool...i love u homie-gal... :cool: !

Cara..wet nurses?....am not surprised cynical agrees with you..life is all about breasts not sagging at the end of day huh..lemmie guess.. its all in the 1955 Good Wife's Guide book huh .....taan kale wexeey ba kaa hadhleysaa tabaar..subhanallah.. anywhoozeee

Malika..i was bored and since i havent logged on here for few years i thought why not see what my fellow somali sisters think of my idea..

Hayam..am not against education ..nor am i against working either ...its all about being there for your children and husband ..thats why we can now have a choice of working from home.. evenings is my preferance when my kids are young and when they start going to school i have no problems going out to work but leave early so when they come home am there...i dont see anything wrong with tht.. you have a point tho when u say there are some family members that molest kids.. allahu manajeynaa..this is why i have to be home when they go school and be home when they come back so they are under my supervision at all the times...the rest of it i leave it to Allah subahanhu watacallah

Single incomes (that of one parent) are almost not enough to support any families in this tough economy. So, what if thats the case? Women should be educated but...there's always being on welfare?

Malika   

mz. maa saas tiradhii icon_razz.gif Welcome back.. smile.gif

Well,it is a matter of finding the right balance,for some being a mother/stay at home wife is fulfilling to others not,they want more..and there is nothing wrong with wanting more as long as one isn't compromising their faith for the off the chart success.

Alla kuli xal,kheyr aan kuu rajeneynaa..Insha'allah! ;)

Poster, before you start discussing what you may or may not do once you get married, why don't you work on getting a man, who could potentially become your husband?

Baby steps I say.

Marka kale, who is to say inaad ilmo dhaleysid oo guriga lajoogto? We don't know waxa uu illaah kuu haayo, so again, baby steps. (You could end up adopting a child, instead of having one of your own)

and finally, I don't like reading posts that start with "when I ...." because that 'when' might never come, ee why dont you come back when you have something worthy to share.

Other than that, the advise of the previous posters summed up my feelings on the subject of women and the workplace.

PS: career is not for everyone, including men but ofcourse, you need to grasp the concept of having a career before you forfeit it.