Che -Guevara

FBI raids Twin Cities businesses suspected of ‘massive fraud’ in child food programs

SAFARI

The businesses named in the warrants include Safari Restaurant and Event Center in Minneapolis, which claimed it was serving 5,000 meals a day, seven days a week, in July 2020.

The FBI said Safari and related companies received more than $10 million in reimbursed funds and “almost none” was spent on food for kids.

One of the owners, Salim Said, allegedly spent misappropriated funds on a $950,000 house in Plymouth with an indoor basketball court, while another owner, Abdulkadir Nur Salah, gave Bock a $310,000 kickback. The FBI alleged Said and Ahmed Omar-Hashim spent $2.8 million on a Minneapolis office building.

Others reportedly connected to the Safari group are Abdihakim Ali Ahmed, Abdirahman Ahmed, Sagal Aden, Hadith Yusuf Ahmed, Ahmed Artan, Ahmed Ghedi, Abdinasir Abshir and Abdikadi Mohamud.

galbeedi   

Fraud and easy money is a disease for certain segments of the Somali diaspora. If they get  an automobile accident, they want to cash the money and try to make a deal with the garage. 

THere is always corruption in any government program, yet I can't believe the greed of the Restaurant owners to take all without giving back nothing.

Safari and other businesses were all tools for money laundering,  the issue is other frauders in other communities hide in plain sight,  Somalis with urge to show off, always gives away., and also being from  ans connected to lawless country ,they completely forgot these are laws here.

^apart from the fact that in Islamic point it's haram to steal,  which is what this is,  I don't give a toss US dollars squandered.  

They have ruined us with their secret services and geopolitical gerrymandering.  Again,  if this wasn't islamically wrong,  I would have said 'kudos ' to my fellow somalis.  Hip, hip, Hooray!

1 hour ago, Dhagaxtuur said:

^apart from the fact that in Islamic point it's haram to steal,  which is what this is,  I don't give a toss US dollars squandered.  

They have ruined us with their secret services and geopolitical gerrymandering.  Again,  if this wasn't islamically wrong,  I would have said 'kudos ' to my fellow somalis.  Hip, hip, Hooray!

^You miss it by a mile, It is not about Us dollars, what is $250  million for $21 trillion economy? that is very beside the point,  these people will be convicted and most likely will end up in US hard prisons , plus reputation damage for law abiding citizens. 

Arafaat   
15 hours ago, Dhagaxtuur said:

When corruption seeps in to communities it negatively affects social trust between members, it leads to poor quality services,  which in turn leads to a increasing inequality and poverty holding a community captive. 

Arafaat   

Chicago is US most corrupt City

“There are real consequences to corruption. Ferguson says you can draw a straight line from the culture of corruption in Chicago and Illinois state politics to some of the city's most pressing issues.It's unquestionably holding back the state.

It is a huge inhibiting factor to the development of business, to people coming to the community, to people building businesses in the community that expand the tax base, that expand opportunity, that's necessary in order to sort of cut into those forces that end up resulting in the cycle of violence and the continuation of the cycle of segregation, Ferguson says”

15 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

^You miss it by a mile, It is not about Us dollars, what is $250  million for $21 trillion economy? that is very beside the point,  these people will be convicted and most likely will end up in US hard prisons , plus reputation damage for law abiding citizens. 

Soomaalida's share is nothing like of the 250 alleged million, though. Naag caddaan ah iyo xulafadeeda wixii wada aruursadeen, kickbacks iyo direct. Here kuwa kula jiray boobka u buraanburooyo:

Sida la leeyahay waxee jeebka ku shubteen waxee ku gateen guryo, baabuur iyo sarar. Caqlixumaa. Afrika u dirsadaan u dhaantay, iskana guuraan. 

6 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

I think the owner used to be a member of SOL back in early and mid 2000s.

No idea , one of the current owners is Maakhiri, and saw his name on the news, he is in big trouble 

6 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

Soomaalida's share is nothing like of the 250 alleged million, though. Naag caddaan ah iyo xulafadeeda wixii wada aruursadeen, kickbacks iyo direct. Here kuwa kula jiray boobka u buraanburooyo:

Sida la leeyahay waxee jeebka ku shubteen waxee ku gateen guryo, baabuur iyo sarar. Caqlixumaa. Afrika u dirsadaan u dhaantay, iskana guuraan. 

This woman was smart,has not updated her car and was living in modest house

All her money put overseas banks and crypto,  no trace of money found with her

2 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

No idea , one of the current owners is Maakhiri, and saw his name on the news, he is in big trouble 

Haa, waa Reer Sanaag. Sometimes iimaandarro ma fiicno oo wax badso wax beel ayee leedahay. Maqaayad and baquet centre caan ah ayuu lahaa maxaa afaarahaan ku watay. Islaanta kale in waxeeda qarsatay suuqa maa ka soo maqashay? I hope they get good lawyers, boqolaal FBI meel soo galeen caadi ma'aha.