Sign in to follow this  
sofine

SOMALIAN MOVIES?

sofine   

HELLO MY FELLAS NOMANDS....I WANTED TO ASK YOU A SURVEY OF THE SOMALIAN MOVIES? WHAT ARE THEY LACKING????WOULD YOU PAY MONEY TO SEE A GOOD PICTURE SOMALIAN MOVIE. WHAT THEME DO YOU WANT TO SEE IN A MOVIE...LOVE,SOCIETY,SCARY ETC... INSHA ALLAH THIS WILL HELP ME OUT...I WANT TO KNOW YOU'RE INPUT.....ALSO....WHAT CITIES IN NORTH AMERICA IS MOST POPULATED OTHER THAN MINN, OHIO, AND T.DOT.......ALSO DO YOU WANT THE SLANG OF THE LANGUAGE TO BE SOUTH,NORTH OR WHATEVER... IF YOU CAN...PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE INPUT...THANKS..... icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

I WANTED TO ASK YOU A SURVEY OF THE SOMALIAN MOVIES?

There are somali movies? I mean other than those homemade, blurry ones with sound problems (but halariously funny though!!!! :D )

WOULD YOU PAY MONEY TO SEE A GOOD PICTURE SOMALIAN MOVIE

What else do you have to pay other than money? Bariis iyo Paasto? :D Yes I would. Probably counterfeit though...cause Im guessing the movie is gonna be as good as the value of the counterfeit cash :D;)

WHAT THEME DO YOU WANT TO SEE IN A MOVIE...LOVE,SOCIETY,SCARY ETC

The problems associated with immigration and integration into a new society and culture. Family relationships (esp marital problems and kid rebellions and how the parents deal with it) and the roles of elders in the community in relation with the younger generation...and the issues that arise. Basically humour...not lovey-dovey stuff...I already have Indian moveis for that. And not action moves...there is Hollywood for that. COMEDY COMEDY COMEDY based on real relationships and events.

WHAT CITIES IN NORTH AMERICA IS MOST POPULATED OTHER THAN MINN, OHIO, AND T.DOT

Dont know. But lets just say If you see a black (and IM not saying somali...I mean AFRICAN) face in my area (vancouver)...its considered a miracle or something BIG is gonna happen. Its like a mirage.

ALSO DO YOU WANT THE SLANG OF THE LANGUAGE TO BE SOUTH,NORTH OR WHATEVER

WHo cares? I wouldnt understand anyway.

Hope that helped sis smile.gif Whats the survey for? Or are u just curious?

Rahima   

I have yet to see any of these movies. We somalis in Australia are obviously missin out.

The have them in Melbourne, with the xamari accent and all ;) .

Although i miss half of it, they are quiet funny :D

Raami i cant get in its askin me to log in

Was this the reason 4 the cheesy grin?

Thanks Rahima, well im new to these movies and stuff but if they are anythin like the old taped Riywaadz from 1960 then i fear i will only understand the plot through dissecting the body language and music.. My somali is very weak. :(

sofine   

these questions don't have any relevant but it is a Hypocritically questions that are very curious for me to know....shebella...i really like how you said you wouldn't want any indian kind of movie....you want real life kind of movies......my collagues and i are planning insha allah in the next 5-10 years to have a production that produce good somalian movies... we are currently looking for all the possiblities and thats why we are asking these questions....but let us know more....thanks... we love ideas...this is not an gurantee thing we are processing..but looking forward to making good somalian movies that we can watch and relate too..... icon_razz.gif

its interesting to think about watchin a somalian movie on the big screen i think it will be really fun, 12 years ago i watched an indian movie called dil which they translated in to somali and it wasnt bad at all i still remember some of the staff so i think there is a big market for a somalian movies in the big stage even though i havent seen the somalian movies that are coming out lately in minneapolis and other places, i heard they were was greate. i have just seen qabyo2 and they way the produced is so much better then the first one so as more people get involve their would be a rapid improvement.

most movie goers look for a movie that has good actors that included well known stars, good motin picture, good storyline if u guys do that you can step in to the pig stage.

its interesting to think about watchin a somalian movie on the big screen i think it will be really fun, 12 years ago i watched an indian movie called dil which they translated in to somali and it wasnt bad at all i still remember some of the staff so i think there is a big market for a somalian movies in the big stage even though i havent seen the somalian movies that are coming out lately in minneapolis and other places, i heard they were was greate. i have just seen qabyo2 and the way the produced is so much better then the first one so as more people get involve their would be a rapid improvement.

most movie goers look for a movie that has good actors that included well known stars, good motin picture, good storyline if u guys do that you can step in to the pig stage.

nafta   

The only somali movies or come remotely close i have seen are the hindi ones with the somali voice overs. those are nice but a bit too sappy, but the reer xamar accents are hilarious!

The only real somali movie i'm aware of so far are the qabyo ones...though i heard there is one coming out soon, its supposed to be about love and youths nowadays :confused: ...can anyone confirm on that

Krupt33   

TO ME SOMALI MOVIES ARE LACKIN A MAIN POINT. THEY HAVE DIFFERENT THINGS GOING ON IN THE MOVIE FOR DIFFERENT CHARACTERS AND NONE OF THEM CONNECT TO MAKE IT A MOVIE WITH ONE MAIN POINT. SO THERE IS FIVE DIFFERENT STORIES IN ONE MOVIE. IT WOULD BE NICE IF THEY HAD THAT AND SOMEHOW MADE THE CHARACTERS COME TOGETHER SO CAN HAVE ONE PLOT INSTEAD OF ALL OF THESE DIFFERENT PLOTS THAT NEVA HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER. SOMALI MOVIES ARE LIKE STORT STORIES THAT CONTINUE IN THE MIDDLE TO THE OTHER STORY. WHEN YOU SAY POPULATED, DO YOU MEAN WITH SOMALIS.