Sign in to follow this  
BORN_BRANIAC

Is it OK for a GIRL to ask a GUY to marry her?????

Castro   

I made that statement under duress. That study has later been discredited. We really have no certain knowledge on what women hate. icon_razz.gif

Sky   

Its not Ok. I rather be rejected, than be in a position where I hurt a girl's feelings. I rather be hurt myself than hurt another person, especially someone who feels this way about you.

But its different if she knows you are into her, than she is a smart gal who doesn't wanna waste her time. I would be impressed of her courage.

Unfortunately I've never met a married couple of which the woman proposed for marriage. Its tradition, guys are the ones who are exposed to humiliation not women.

Gotta go.

Naasir   

Is that a question?

It did happen, it happens,

I guess the question is why can't I be the one?

I will be like honey I got enough money for the wedding and so on, just tell me how soon u r ready cuz am ready starting now.

king_450   

Finally it is Sat. Well i blv this thread is inteneded solely to the Somali Women i hope, cz the society we are living within their women always ask these questions, what are you doing this wknd? do you want have fun?? do want go to the movies? isn't that asking you date and even perhaps making babies?

Somalina   

I just think that if i wanted to marry a guy, i would just go ahead and pop the Q. It dont matter who asks, as long as there is one brave individual willing to put their heart on the line. Besides, the guys nowadays are kinda girly, they shy and sh*t, and like to be controlled and told what to do. So if ya are a women and want get hitched, just go ahead and ask him, " so what ya say?, me and you, you mama and ya cousin too..."...he will understand where ya goin' with that and say..." hell yeah girl, i was waiting for ya to say something, ya read my mind girl"...

I hope i didn't offend anyone, its a free country. Do what you feel like, forget the traditions, and what was done when, its 2005, DO IT UP..

RedSea   

SALAMU CALAYKUM,

THE ANSWER ISN'T JUST SIMPLE YES OR NO. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT ISSUE THAT NEEDS TO BE DISCUSSED FURTHER WITH THE RULES AND REGELATIONS OF THE ISLAMIC LAW. FIRST, IF THE SISTER THAT ASKED THE GUY TO MARRIED HER WAS ASKING HIM, BECAUSE SHE JUST FELL IN LOVE WITH HIM, THEN THAT IS NOT THE WAY TO GO. IF SHE DID IT TO PROTECT HERSELF AND FAITH FROM DOING HARRAM DEEDS AND THAT PURPOSE ONLY,THEN SHE CAN ABSULATELLY CAN AND ALSO OTHER SISTERS SHOULD BE ENCOURAGED, IF THEY DON'T GET MARRIED AND AFRAID THAT THEY MAY FALL IN SIN. USUALLY IT'S THE MEN WHO DO IT, BUT THESE DAYS SOMALI BROTHERS ARE ALL TAKING STEPS BACKWARDS OR THEY ARE NOT EDUCATED ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF MARIAGE. SO IF ANY SISTERS WOULD LIKE TO GET MARRIED TO SECURE THEIR IMAN, I WOULD ADVISE THEM TO GO TO THEIR LOCAL SHIEKHS SECRETLY OR CANTACT THEM AND LET THEM KNOW THAT THEY NEED A GOOD RESPONSIBLE MUSLIM BROTHER WHO IS ALSO LOOKING FOR GOOD AND RESPOSIBLE SISTER. MARRIAGE IS A GOOD THING AND THERE IS NO SHAME INVOLVED IN IT.

THANKS

SALAMU CALAYKUM AND RAMADAN KARIM.

RedSea   

SALAMU CALAYKUM,

BROTHERS AND SISTERS,IT'S DISTURBING THAT SOME OF YOU THINK MARRIAGE THE SAME WAY AS THE WEST. OUR MARRIAGE IS NOT ABOUT POPING A QUESTION OR PROPOSING AS THEY DO IT IN THE WEST. IT'S A CAREFUL AND SLOW PROCESS. SO GET THAT STRAIGHT AND PLEASE WATCH THE LAGUAGE.

SALAMU CALAYKUM

Lake   

Originally posted by Fidel:

The idea is to make the man believe he thought of it all on his own. Then praise him for flawless execution. Either way, women do the strategizing, men, not knowing any better, do the dirty work. Beautiful system.

LOL I just love how they see us...