Sign in to follow this  
BORN_BRANIAC

Is it OK for a GIRL to ask a GUY to marry her?????

Johnny B   

Well .. it depends on how she formulates it icon_razz.gif

1: Honey, will you marry me?

2: Honey, shall we get married?

: D :D:D

seriously though .....

If a guy waits so long to purpose that the girl has to do it,

there is something WRONG .

Haddad   

I would be scared if a girl asks me to marry her, seriously. I am old fashioned, and the only way I would approach the issue is sending a delegation of mine to her representatives, to broker a deal.

Why not? Are we forgetting that we had an excellent example in our religion? I know in these times ppl see it differently but if the guy has what it takes wouldnt mind telling abo ;) . We only live once and the best way to do so is make it worthwhile.

Pucca   

if its good enough for khadija..its good enough for anyone, i doubt i would do it though. *chicken*

Caveman   

The answer is NO!

This will crumble all the pillars of marriage as we know it, women will pursuit and propose to man until, he is no longer the breadwinner of the family. A whole tradition, cultures will vanish… :D

As for Khadija, she was an exception to the rule,. due to her impeccable personality and virtuous character, Her nick name was al-Tahira, (the Pure One),.plus she had a chosen prophet(scw) on her sights…any women would have asked.

Originally posted by Caveman:

she was an exception to the rule,. due to her impeccable personality and virtuous character,

Who says such women dont exist, who fear Allah and day they shall meet Him? They may not be to Par as Lady Khadija's character but they take her and other Mothers of faith as role models? I know they still exist as does virtuous men. Or else Allah Subhannallah wataallah Wouldnt have said Beleivers for beleivers and the wrong doers married to wrong doers. And they take the advice ' the best of you is that with best moral character'

Pucca   

splendid idea!!!

pucca walks to the mr perfect's house, knocks on the door...and *too nervous* the following conv(s) take place:

pucca: hello

dude at the door: can i help you?

pucca: i'm lookin for a brother who lives here, tall, wears white khamees all the time, slightly dark...this is his place right?

dude: yea this is his place...what's your business with him?

pucca: i'm here to...um, is he home?

dude: yes...

pucca: *well fcuk let me in* can i come in plz?

dude: yea, sure

*pucca walks in...totally nervous, how will she ask her shiekh to marry her? oh my my!*

pucca: well..

dude: well wat?

pucca: where is he? i need to talk to him, its important

dude: yea hold on, i'll call him

pucca: *dumb cow, quit lookin! gosh!* thanks...i'll wait in the living room.

*thinks about leaving, maybe this wasn't a good plan; b-but if i dont ask...some chick might get him...oh wat the heck, khadija did it!*

pucca: *sings* "oh micky you're so fine you're so fine you blow my mind, hey micky!:

hot shiekh: erm, nice choice of music

pucca: *oh my god!! its him!, and i was singin!* oh that...that was nothing,

hot shiekh: right, you needed somethin? my brother said you had something important to ask.

pucca: *his brother!? oh god, i dont think i can do this..* um yes, well i had i mean i have an important question to ask...

hot shiekh: and...?

*i cant do it! i failed...i failed all women! oh khadija how did you do! i must get back on this, my last chance...he's a sheikh (hot) he'll understand and be open minded ...right?*

:D i forget what happened after that...but knowing pucca she probably got her sheikh in the end..

ps. ducaqabe, i believe i did! icon_razz.gif

lol   

Well, since most of us date before we get married, a woman can be smart if she wants to take the relationship to the next level. I would suggest you ladies do that coz you see it will be waste of time to find out that mr. I-Have-Him-In-Da-Closet turned out to be mr. I-Don't-Know-What-Happened. There are smart ways to go around the issue you don't have to be upfront about it..give him hints am sure he is smart enough to pick them up. Say,

" So where are we heading with this ?"

" I saw Maryan & Cali they seemed happy, is there gonna be a date we will be like them? "

or plainly,

" Listen sweetie, it has been__yrs or months. I think you know me enough and I believe I know you, so what are we waiting for? I mean we are old enough? "

If he didn't do something about your words, believe me, he will never do anything. You better start dusting yourself up for another try. He is NOT worth you.

lol   

Double post!! So what should I say?

GO GET HIM LADIES Men are not men anymore, they are chicken... Oops.. please ignore the french.