Sign in to follow this  
oz_girl

Somali girls/ women could be pretty if..

Rayyan   

Originally posted by cynical lady:

Of-course it’s irrelevant, but the fact that you’ve puke it out means it’s relevant to you. Now do tell. What has you being single, student and in Sainsbury got to do with this thread?

p.s I’m not your sweetheart.

Not sweetheart > I take that,

single, student nothing to do with you

Somali girls are pretty: that is what the thread is all about, and sure they are. smile.gif you cannot deny that. Now that is your problem.

Curly   

lol, what drivel. Hey CL I see you were getting hot and bothered about this topic, in all honesty I don't blame you!

I've been keeping up with this thread for sometime now and I've had to stop myself from replying several times because I didn't want to bite anyone's head off.

Seriously, this is just as pathetic as the "are Somalis African /Arab?' thread in the general section. It's like this inferority complex, where we're constantly having to prove our worth to others and to our selves. Why do we need someone else to tell you you're beautiful?

In any rate how can you bulk together thousands of girls who look complete different to one another. I've seen plenty of unattractive and attractive women in all nationalities and the same applies for us. I personally think beauty should be completely objective to personal preferences but unfortunately globalisation has paved the way for a type of beauty that is a best unattainable and unrealistic for most...but can be brought for a price.

All that aside I think you should be more concerned about making yourself feel good and confident about how you look and that's where I agree with CL... grooming yourself now and again helps and it wouldn't hurt!

Rayyan   

^^Wonder what offended you to that extent, how completely irresponsible of you, with all this self-importance

drivel bay tidhi intay qosashay - what a sad-faced woman, How bloody rude! Also why don’t you rein your friends petty irritations instead aad dadka iska caayayso, say nothing to you and done nothing to you.

^^Wonder what offended you to that extent, how completely irresponsible of you, with all this self-importance

drivel bay tidhi intay qosashay - what a sad-faced woman, How bloody rude! Also why don’t you rein your friends petty irritations instead aad dadka iska caayayso, say nothing to you and done nothing to you.

Hahahahaahah.

Curly   

QUOTE]Originally posted by Rayan*:

What's wrong with you Rayan? Honest to god I had to re-read what I wrote just to make sure I didn't unconsciously insult the woman lol.

Rayan I don't remember addressing you at all. it seems you're the defensive one here, did I offend you some how?

Just for future reference dear just because someone posted right after you did doesn't mean their post was a reply to yours. And you had the cheek to call me self-important, nayaa get off your high horse and start reading a little more.

p.s your insults need a little work too, 'sad faced woman' and 'irresponsible of you, with all this self-importance' what is that?

BTW CL... did I ever mentioned I'm married, work and live in London?

CL- you are hilarious runtii with that men shoes. I agree with you some what and I honestly don't know what some ppl are thinking when they walk out of their homes. Why would you ever wear white gym socks with black shoes, is it a tribute to MJ? On top of that a poker dot skirt with leopard print shirt and a Garden of Eden hijab, do they dress in the dark? And lately I have noticed that they wear the "baati" they were in the kitchen cooking with outside. Plucking eye borrows is something extra you can do, but brushing your teeth and showering is a MUST. Don't you dare and try to convince me that smelling like a skunk is all natural and shit. You should not smell like your body is decomposing while ur still alive, that is all.

A lot of people are missing the point with "natural" look. Showering and taking care of hygiene is natural; we're not animals. We're also Muslims which means our clothes should be clean and pleasant at all times. God loves beauty. Beauty lies in simplicity. You won't find beauty in excess make up and hair dressing.

BTW plucking eye brows is haram. Most of the time it's not what they wear, it's how they wear it. There is inexplicable laziness about some Somali women's way of carrying themselves. Forget about the weird clothes, even those with decent taste seem slumpy and insecure - except when they're at a wedding.

Originally posted by Malika:

^CL,alikuwa mtoro wa madrasa..lol

^^^ Lol!!! Tulikuwa wengi basi. :D:D Used to hate it had maalim home school us instead.

Mmmh, this thread's title. All I can say is Somali's are a beautiful race Mashallah. And as with all humans a little effort wont harm anyone although alot of Somali's get away with it. :D;) Only thing I would like changing is their vibrant miss-matched outfits but Ive come to terms with that once I meet the person and appreciate their unique personalities.

Somalina   

Blah blah blah...beauty comes from within....

We are blessed with a good complexion...if we eat healthy and exercise regularly...we (somalian women) can compete for the most beautiful women on the planet...i'm on the list btw...tsk tsk

TopGirl   

when your friend said "if they weren't so lazy with maintaining their appearance" in what way did he mean? i mean does he want us to wear tight *** skinny jeans and tank top 3x smaller than us? what? ask him to define 'their appearance' for us please.