Sign in to follow this  
oz_girl

Somali girls/ women could be pretty if..

Malika   

CL,mpendwa define 'beauty'?

It seems to me your saying beauty can be found in jars,syringes[botox] weight watchers clubs or perhaps the toilet sink[if bulimic]..lol

Who's standards of beauty do you feel,Somali women aren't meeting?

As for getting fat and ugly once married..lol, may I say we are loved just like that! :Dicon_razz.gif Honestly, any normal[non celeb] woman's body change after child birth,how is it to stay the same? Age is also a natural process,it sure does take its toll on the body..marka we cant all be Demi Moore,pump our selves with botox,have plastic surgery..

I agree about looking after one self,excising, eating well and grooming is important,not only for self image but for the betterment of oneself as a whole.

Cynical Lady is missing the point. I would say Japanese ladies are naturally beautiful; as in they have good bone structure, good skin etc. Of course some of them have acne and look a little odd. But in general they are naturally (without make-up) pretty. Will they look even better with make-up? Of course. Do they need to look even prettier? That's where personal choice comes into question.

Similarly Somalis are naturally beautiful. Most of them even have nice feminine bodies (before they ruin them by not excercising and eating tons of hilib and xalwo). But the bottom line is, generally speaking they are naturally beautiful. Again, are there some who are not so beautiful? You bet.

At the other side of the spectrum, there are some ethinicities in which the majority are generally not naturally very beautiful. There are a few who are real stunners but the vast majority are 'ok' at best. For example Bengali women in general are not very beautiful, although they do have some beautiful women.

Everyone can say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but lets not go into that, otherwise it will lead us to an epistemological guagmire where no one can rank Eva Longoria higher than Susan Boyle.

Cara.   

^In Mauritania, Susan Boyle's rotund charms would be more appealing than Eva Longoria's lean and hungry look. Apparently, stretch marks and wheezing while you walk sets the men aflame over there.

In Iran, unibrows used to be considered sexy.

I don't even know how to describe this, but you can be sure it's not for a convenient place to set the car keys.

I know we like our ladies to have long graceful necks, but I bet this would be considered excessive.

Beauty is subjective, and that's what makes it so marvelous.

I dont think all those make u beautiful, beauty is just natural, and some of us are blessed with it I never put make up on my face, i never get my eyebrows done, but people always ask me what i use for my face. I use suncream to protect my face summer and winter and vaseline for my lips. I think somali girls are the pretiest among the africans, thats what people use to say us ath the university.

CL, nothing is wrong with protuding forhead, except for those that their hair start in the middle of the head.

-Lily-   

I think the issue was making an effort rather than beauty per se. Anyway, if you’re hiding behind bad skin and greasy hair even natural beauty will be hard to spot. Lack of effort could well be out of laziness rather than principles.

Originally posted by Cara.:

^In Mauritania, Susan Boyle's rotund charms would be more appealing than Eva Longoria's lean and hungry look. Apparently, stretch marks and wheezing while you walk sets the men aflame over there.

In Iran, unibrows used to be considered sexy.

I don't even know how to describe
, but you can be sure it's not for a convenient place to set the car keys.

I know we like our ladies to have long graceful necks, but I bet
would be considered excessive.

Beauty
is subjective, and that's what makes it so marvelous.

Of course. Every culture/population have their view of beauty. That is not stripping it to an individual level. I'm sure loving a woman with a short neck in that culture where they adore women with long necks, would be unsual.

Beauty cannot be overtly subjective. Otherwise I could claim my handmade bird's house is far superior to Michelangelo's David. And that is what I meant with an epistemological quagmire. I'm not a philosophy student and I don't even know how I remember that particular branch of philosophy, but what it basically asks is 'what is truth' and in epistemological relativism there is no truth, nothing can be known because *everything* is relative.

So what I am basically trying to say here is let us not get into that nonesense - there is some common ground; that different individuals in the same population can agree upon when determining what is beautiful.

Rayyan   

I was in a supermarket one day and indian lady-cahier behind the till, told me, "oh your women, somali women are beautiful, I like their nice faces, point blank she told me, while she was scanning my goods, I was in west london in west ealing,W13 - the sainsbury, single and student, and living in the area at that time, my respond was - Where are they? those u talking about! There wasn't much somalis overthere at that time, in that area.

the woman took as a joke with a big smile she asked me the total money of my goods. paid and said thanks for that good comment about our women - indeed they are beautiful and an envy of everyone, I know the girls here will disagree but I dont mind.

Of-course it’s irrelevant, but the fact that you’ve puke it out means it’s relevant to you. Now do tell. What has you being single, student and in Sainsbury got to do with this thread?

p.s I’m not your sweetheart.