Sign in to follow this  
oz_girl

Somali girls/ women could be pretty if..

Ibtisam   

^^Tell her: Somali girls are so pretty even if we judged them in their PJs and without brushing their teeth or washing their face. I have yet to see an ugly Somali sister- maybe ones wearing crazy colour combinations- but otherwise so so fine.

Your friend needs to get another hobby and stop hating on you and yours icon_razz.gif

No, Somali girls are not that blessed in the beauty department nor are they special in comparison to other women. Granted they have their own fair share of stunning girls but that does not in any shape of form mean Somali girls are stunners/pretty full stop. And I agree beauty requires maintenance and lack of is one of the main reason why Somali girls beauty tend to deteriorate as soon as she lands herself a husband/gives birth. At that point it’s all about the multi colours and man shoes…….and only god knows when she last had facial, eye brows trimmed and all other necessities. As for the youngee’s well if your into identical twin look then I would say Somali girls fulfil that criteria of looks; since most herds of Somali girls tend to dress alike, look alike and worse talk and behave alike (lets not forget the pregnant forehead). You see ibti being beautiful is a whole package and most Somali girls just don’t cut it in my books and when they do it tends to be a temporary attainment.

But I’m sure it matters not since Somali girls main targeted audience consider them nothing but beautiful…who cares what others view as beautiful/pretty...hence the hijaabi movement.

Next time your doing a pj check-up do drag me along so I can point out the not-so for you….(even though I have a feeling it’s the who sleeps with her hijab and utters few Islamic verses to you would be the one you would award the title too)

Ibtisam   

Well I’m glad you finished your rant CL, Now let me take you back to basic.

You seem to have brought into this only maintain beauty consumers bulshid which has brain washed so many. You see beauty in every sense of the world is not how you look after you finished abusing your body and face with creams, scrubs, bleach, hair dye, hair pulling, plucking and god knows what else. Beauty is a natural state and regardless of how much you pull and push and scrub- wa lo kala daasha (We are born with certain level) Now Lily often says that if you have to diet your whole life to maintain a certain size- the natural conclusion is that this is not your natural body compatible size. I think beauty works in the same way- if you have to spend obsessive amount of time and effort into looking “good” then you either have the wrong definition of what looking good means, or you have a complex about your looks, or you was born on the other side of the scale and need to find a different path to looking good. :D

Now when I say natural beauty- then Somali women do not have a problem. Things like weight and clothing do not factor into natural beauty (because beauty is based on features, skin and genetic makeup) you can always lose weight, but if you have ugly features- even if you are stick- you would just be an ugly stick.

So put fashion and weight aside, these things are add on which differ from society to society and based on individual perception. There is nothing to say that your high heels and fabulous coordinated sense of dress is more beautiful than my mismatched multilayered, multicoloured creation that I sleep walked into- it depends on where we are and who is judging.

Moving on to artificial beauty of facial, eye brows trimmed and all other extra curriculum activities that most women indulge in, I know you call them necessities, but I see them as nothing more than a waste of time and money. Most women can do without these so called necessities, Because guess what for centuries people did do without them, and up to this day, the vast majority of women do get on with their life looking beautiful without putting on a fake-borrowed-till-my-next-treatment face.

Now as for your little digs at hijabs and my supposed blindness of beauty because I judge it on who sleeps with her hijab and reads Islamic verses, well what can I say people with high Iman tent to shine and glow more than those of us blacken with sins. Mashallah dhe- don't jealous them.

P.s. I cannot believe you think Somali girls are ugly- What is wrong with the forehead :eek: :mad:

-Lily-   

CL, that was harsh…and whilst its untrue to say all Somali women are beautiful it’s about making the best with what you’ve got.

If you want to talk about looking unoriginal, there is nothing original or beautiful about the herds of women who clearly get their daily fashion dose from Look/InStyle/and Vogue, all wearing the same blue/pink/green/rainbow coloured swing coats, detailing chicken legs in skinny jeans, or layering on ‘edgy’ studded biker jackets, looking like hookers with their ‘oh so gorgeous’ above the knee boots whilst being dressed from head to toe in purple, add a bright red lipstick for daytime look to complete this seasons horror ‘look’.

Your hijabi comment was uncalled for, a woman who wears hijab made a conscious decision to cover her beauty so that others cannot pass judgment on it. As for your so called movement, perhaps the younger generation actually practise their faith unlike their parents who got by on hearsay.

Original poster, everyone can look better with a little effort. Then again, if you aren't doing it for yourself, it's sad that you would need to be admired/aproved by others in order to validate yourself.

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by -Lily-:

CL, that was harsh…and whilst its untrue to say all Somali women are beautiful it’s about making the best with what you’ve got.

If you want to talk about looking unoriginal, there is nothing original or beautiful about the herds of women who clearly get their daily fashion dose from Look/InStyle/and Vogue, all wearing the same blue/pink/green/rainbow coloured swing coats, detailing chicken legs in skinny jeans, or layering on ‘edgy’ studded biker jackets, looking like hookers with their ‘oh so gorgeous’ above the knee boots whilst being dressed from head to toe in purple, add a bright red lipstick for daytime look to complete this seasons horror ‘look’.

Your hijabi comment was uncalled for, a woman who wears hijab made a conscious decision to cover her beauty so that others cannot pass judgment on it. As for your so called movement, perhaps the younger generation actually practise their faith unlike their parents who got by on hearsay.

Original poster, everyone can look better with a little effort. Then again, if you aren't doing it for yourself, it's sad that you would need to be admired/aproved by others in order to validate yourself.

:D:D:D Lily you go girl. Lol @ how you got the Look/ style to the T.

P.s. People always say what I am trying to say better than me! Wa natural talent redface.gif

Blessed   

I agree but that applies to ALL women not just Somalis. What's with the obsession of Somalifying every issue horta? It's like we're from a different planet. Seriously, there are high / low maintanence women in every culture.

CL lay off the married women or me KK, Juxa and Malika aa isugu kaa qaban. *shakes her man dacas at CL* LOL

:D:D:D You hit the nail on the head. Everytime I want to complain about Somali girls dressing all alike, I see mobs of women dressed in the latest "IT" fashion(some mimicked it to the T,eg. the same designer,color,accessory looking like clones. Others couldnt afford the price tag that comes with the original and opted for lame copies that didnt come out right). Wether you're fat, skinny, a 10year old or a 40year old, you can get an exact copy of the plaid shirt/dress/coat whatever in stores right now.

I agree with Ibti on one point: quruxda and I mean the natural beauty that stops you dead on your track and makes you look twice is a gift.Some have it and some don't regardless of your maintainance regimen.

I agree with CL on the bit about not every Somali girl is a stunner. God knows we do have our shares of ugly. And most Somali women tend to look like they escaped from the loony bin after kids. With that said, when young and restless, Badanaa Somali girls are pretty with their maariin skin color, slim-figures, high cheekbones and bright smiles.

And yes, they would look better if they put more effort into their looks(not just the face). Notice, I said BETTER.

Reminds me of the qoute 'There are no ugly women, only lazy ones'. The difference you can make on your appearance by just choosing clothing colours and sytles that fit and flatter you, doing something with your hair and skin is just incredible.

But who has the time for that?

And who really cares.

No matter how you look, there will always be someone who finds you attractive. So fret not. Enjoy your frizzy hair and mismatched clothes and bushy eyebrows. I am ;)

make-up-eva.jpgDEMIMOORE_NOMAKEUP3_400X300.jpgcamerondiaz.jpg

Steady on ladies- I don’t think Somali girls are ugly nor do I subscribe to the all Somali girls are stunners club. I just think just like the rest of the female folks they have their own share of physically challenged.

Now Ibti- come on how can one find protruding forehead attractive? But as the cliché goes, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Don’t give me the natural state bulsh1d please; that’s what ugly people say to themselves at night.

On the important question- so you’re saying Somali women have no problem on the natural beauty department? Coz that’s the funniest thing I’ve ever heard. Somali’s aren’t that special my dear get that into your head, and they’re not blessed with a natural beauty. Seriously, just like the other women out there they have their own share of oglies and protruding elko to match their forehead.

I disagree, if you’re wearing man-shoes and mix-matched outfit, uncivilised eyebrows and bushy legs/armpits to match then the person in question would be considered ugly... Beauty my dear is like untapped resources, to realise its potential and rip its rewards you must invest in it hence the expressions from a caterpillar to butterfly… Gok and 10yrs younger etc

Now now Lily- don’t let the green-eyed monster get you. P.s I rather have that than uncoordinated women with man-shoes who are also ungroomed.

Why isn’t uncalled for? How do you know that? I.e. they made a “conscious decision” the hijaabi movement is a movement and believe me I don’t buy the “perhaps the younger generation actually practise their faith unlike their parents who got by on hearsay” why delude yourself? Now lets be honest here some of the younger generation and some of the forever “25” girls wear it because of the herd mentality, and religion wasn’t the main factor behind it. Everyone around them is, or family pressures…worse I had a woman tell me that no-self respected Somali men would marry me if I don’t wear a hijaab. They’re hosts of reason behind this ever growing movement and some of them sadly I’ve seen with my own eyes is downright hilarious as the Swahili saying goes “baibuye ya ficha menge”…

Now I don’t have problem hijaabi girls/ladies for that matter- I say mashallah (looks at ibti) but let’s not kid ourselves to-some it’s a fashion statement; that’s why its losing its true essence ie due to the public abuse it’s currently undergoing at the hands of some questionable women/young women.

**now now Blessed violence is not the solution. P.s you love spa too much to be ungroomed as for the mismatched attire and man-shoes- stop pulling my legs.

lol@ No matter how you look, there will always be someone who finds you attractive. So fret not. Enjoy your frizzy hair and mismatched clothes and bushy eyebrows. I am

Dam right Femme;Cherrie Blair did.

Why isn’t uncalled for? How do you know that? I.e. they made a “conscious decision” the hijaabi movement is a movement and believe me I don’t buy the “perhaps the younger generation actually practise their faith unlike their parents who got by on hearsay” why delude yourself? Now lets be honest here some of the younger generation and some of the forever “25” girls wear it because of the herd mentality, and religion wasn’t the main factor behind it. Everyone around them is, or family pressures…worse I had a woman tell me that no-self respected Somali men would marry me if I don’t wear a hijaab. They’re hosts of reason behind this ever growing movement and some of them sadly I’ve seen with my own eyes is downright hilarious as the Swahili saying goes “baibuye ya ficha menge”…

Now I don’t have problem hijaabi girls/ladies for that matter- I say mashallah (looks at ibti) but let’s not kid ourselves to-some it’s a fashion statement; that’s why its losing its true essence ie due to the public abuse it’s currently undergoing at the hands of some questionable women/young women.

Dear CL, have you had your coffee today *creases her BIG forehead showing protuding Elko dhaadheer :D *. You have some good points and missed some.

Don’t give me the natural state bulsh1d please; that’s what ugly people say to themselves at night.

No, no sweet one, "Natural Beauty" is whats left when you take the make-up, fake eyelashes,wig,weave, victoria secret undies, those cute heels, and accesories OFF! So you see being naturaly beatifull means you can do without Glamour squad.

Now, I agree that man-shoes and ill fitted clours dont exactly scream beauty. But "uncivilized eyebrows" as you call it can actually look cute on some icon_razz.gif

Now, your beef with the Hijabis is coming from perhaps a repressed comtempt for the "hollier-than-though"crowd. Some wear it for fashion and others for religious duty. You can't know whats in people's hearts. And even for the ones who wear for fashion reasons arent in the wrong here because they're excercising their choice here. Just like the woman who wears the silly-looking night gown they call "the little black dress" or "sexy mini-dress" or the woman who starves herself or goes under dangerous surgery to wear that underwear piece they call "bikini" is seeking acceptance and ultimately a self-respecting, beauty lover. So they cant foulted either way.

-Lily-   

LoL@CL,

I am not green eyed dear, I was just pointing out brainless un-originality is not exclusive to young Somali ladies, it's quiet common especially among the women I see in London, go to smaller places or other countries and you see some differences, even if they are ugly they don't all look the same. Being stylish and being fashionable are two different things.

As for the hijabees wearing it for pressure/fashion, it's just another case of herd mentality, like skinny jeans. I was speaking from my own experience & the hijabees I know. 25 year old, hell 20 year old should know better than that.

We do agree on making an effort, I said you got to do the best with what you've got, a bit of blusher and lipgloss never hurt anyone icon_razz.gif .