Sign in to follow this  
Jamelia

Marriage NOW or LATER

Jamelia   

SAlaam Nomads...

I dont why but i always pictured myself married at a young age...having kids young..(like my mother did)...........

Nowadays it seems that Somalis are getting married at older age.....I guess this has some to do with the fact that we are in foreign country..that we to some extend have adopted the western style of living...

So this is my question....would u like to marry at a young age lets say...till 25..or mabye at a later stage....30+?........

;););););););)

A7LA-SHU   

girl believe it or not i have seen ladies as young as 16 gettin married. i don't know what drug they on but they do...

if it was up to me? i would say 25 is perfecto for guys and ladies.... but i know havin the mother that i do i will be lucky if i stick around for another year or so :D

so my vote is 25 n under just not younger then 20 please....... smile.gif

LuCkY   

GIRL ITS REALLY NOT ABOUT THE AGE BUT FINDING THE RIGHT PARTNER TO SHARE YOUR LIFE WITH...UNLESS OF COURSE YOU WANT TO LIVE A MISERABLE LIFE. :confused: BUT AS FOR ME IM HOPING NOT OVER 25...MAYBE A LITTLE EARLIER THAN THAT. :D

nuune   

girl believe it or not i have seen ladies as young as 16 gettin married. i don't know what drug they on but they do...

lol magnoona-girl,u damn funny wallaahi,drugs kulahaa,iga tag,

well,when it comes to marriage,it is different for the ladies or for the gents,as for the ladies it is good for them to get marry while they are 17 to 20,but as for us,we can do it untill 23 or 25,my mom always encourages us 2 marry at young age as she did it,now,when iam with my mum nobody will think that iam her son ,they all think she is my sister,then my mom will say 2 me,think about when u r like this situation when u marry at young age and people will say 2 u,this is not your son or daughter.

18 ilaa 25 hadii aad ku guursato adiga iyo carruurtdaada waad isla ekkaaneesaan

26 ilaa 35 hadii aad ku guursato adiga iyo caruurtaada walaalo ayaaad noqoneesaan

36 ilaa 48 hadii aad ku guursato caruurtaada adoon arag baad dhimani ,macsalaamo

Originally posted by CLOWN:

me getting married?

4 what you afro crazy girl?lol.

NOOOOOOOOO i am not ready to get married and to be honest with you i am not sure if i will be ever ready to get married.

p.s please don't ask me why?

i wonder why ya keep lying tell the ladies that u have wife and 2 kids

somali eey waliba kujoogaan that's why ya are in somali know

Originally posted by CLOWN:

quote:Originally posted by flying-still:

^^^ walaahi?!! You got jokes saaxiib.

Baby you know i was only joking right?
Hhahahahaha Clown, why are you crying now, when you told me that you were the man brother?

Flying-Still kick his behind and send him back to Africa with me.

Xafsa   

^^^ really...you got someone already huh. I'm happy for you.

Me.....I would get married after I find a half way decent brotha. Thats the challenge right there ;)

Originally posted by flying-still:

Me.....I would get married after I find a half way decent brotha. Thats the challenge right there
;)

Flying-Still i thought you already had that ONE in Clown?

is there anything that you're not telling us here sister?

Xafsa   

oops I forgot :D

Shaka zulu you read what he said about getting married..so what i'm I doing with him if he aint ready to settle down?

Well Marriage is a big deal. And I dont' think people really choose a time to get married. Yeah u might have an idea when u'd like to get married, but I think destiny takes over; regardless of how much u plan. For me I'd like to get married, when I am a bit wiser. Meaning I don't think I have experience, anything yet; in terms of relationships or life. Besides u can't get married, without your partner in crime. I guess what I am trying to say is that, marriage is individual thing and I further think that, being in a foreign land has definitely influenced Somalis in one way or another, but I think the insitution of marriage it's self hasn't being altered yet. It's cultural, and universal. So I guess marriage is personal, and can't be timed....with that note, I wish happy marriages for everyone....when U do decide to get married.

Raxmah   

I would like to get married b4 am 25, but after I finish school inshallah but is just hopes, but obviously is all predestined--2 different guys asked my dad if they could marry me in the last 2 years, of course I couldn't say yes bc I had no clue who they were, and why they even asked my dad before they talked to, and I wasn't even 20 but hopefully I will find Mr. Right soon Inshallah.

Inshallah in due time when i grasp a hold of my bachelor's degree then we can start thinking of marriage but before tha..aint even hesitatin. But i did say proabably around 25...perfect age..finished with school...work for a yr n do my graduate school in the evening...but oh well that's only in the fantasy world rite...all i can say is whenevah n whomevah ALLAH s.w.t premits me then i shall.

wun