Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Cooking for that special nite!!!

Ismahan   

COOKING is one of my hobbies..... so i will try to post daily how to cook one dish.....

Today we ganna cook Pasto + saladh + Juice + tea + desert...

1. The Pastoo....

1. Put some meat in a diksi with some water and cut on it 1 big onion + 1 big tomatoo + 1 besbas + 1 botato.. ( This is to make maraq if u like it)

2. Take off the meat from the maraq and put it in another diksi, leave it on the shola till it become dry (30 sec only) then put some oil on it and boil it.

3. cut on it 2 big onion + 1 besbas + xawash + kamsara + any kind of vegetable that u like.

4. Heat some water for the pasto, but dont put it now.

5. cut some tomoato (4 tomoatoes) on the meat mixture after 5 minutes add some salt.

6. Put the pasto now into the water and add some salt.

7. take off the meat from the sauce that u have made ( or keep it) it is an optional step.

8. before the pasto is totally cooked take it out the water.

9. now try to mix the sauce u made from the meat and the pasto .. but step by step ( a little amount of this then a little amount of that..till u finish)

10. Put it in the Ovin for 10 minutes.

2. Saladh:

1. Cut some saladh + tomatoo+ small Onion + whatever u like into small pieces.

2. Boil some bread (khobiz) using Oil till the color of it become gold or brown.

3. Add salt and a good quantity of lemon to the cutten mixture...

4. finally break down the bread into small pieces and add it. ( believe me its delecious).

3. Juice:

1. Mix some Mango + Orange using the mixure

2. Put some vanella ice cream and mix them well.

3. Add some nuts to the surface.

4. tea drink:

On a litre of water: 2 table-spoons of tea, 2 table-spoons of sugar, 3 table-spoons of fruit juice, a tea-spoon of citric acid.

Black tea is put in the tea-pot, poured over with boiling water, the lid is put on and the lea is left to draw for 3-5 minutes. Then it is strained and cooled to 20_C. In the cold tea citric acid and fruit juice are added and all this is mixed. The drink is drunk cold.

4. Desert:

Rosey Cupcakes:

Ingredient: (tsp means tea spon)

5 Tsp plus 1 tsp (1/3 cup) butter or margarine (not spread), softened

2/3 cup sugar

1/2 tsp each baking powder and baking soda

1 large egg

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 cup mashed ripe banana

1/3 cup plain lowfat yogurt or reduced-fat sour cream

1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour

Rum Frosting (recipe follows)

Decoration: 5 watermelon Air Heads bars for leaves (see Note, below) and 12 purchased icing-decoration roses

1. Heat oven to 350°F.

2. Beat butter, sugar, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl with mixer on high speed 1 minute until well blended. Add egg and vanilla and beat 2 to 3 minutes until fluffy. Beat in mashed banana. On low speed, beat in yogurt, then flour just until blended. Spoon into lined cups.

3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cupcakes comes out dry. Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes, remove to racks and cool completely.

4. Leaves: Wrap rolling pin with plastic wrap. Place Air Heads on work surface. Roll out until smooth. Cut out leaves with a small, sharp knife. Reroll and cut scraps as needed. Use blunt edge of knife to score markings on leaves. Place on plastic wrap.

5. Frost cupcakes. Place leaves and a purchased icing rose on each. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Rum Frosting:

Melt 3 oz white baking chocolate as package directs. Scrape into a medium bowl and stir in 1 Tbsp light rum or apple juice. Add 1 stick (1/4 cup) softened unsalted butter and 2 1/4 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream. Beat with mixer until blended. Add 1 1/4 cups confectioners sugar; beat 3 minutes until thick, fluffy and white.

This is all for today...I hope u guys enjoyed this.......... Will be continued later .... wink.gif

PEACE...

Ismahan   

Today i was willing to publish one me of my secret dishes..but since no one liked the previous one.... I won't post this one now...

Buubto   

Ismahan that was nice recipe sis. i will try it soon & let u know. can already tell is delicious from reading it. don’t feel bit down. Girl keep it coming is handy especially to boys tongue.gif

Here is mine

I am going to cook my favourite casariye is a cake. Is really easy & delicious. Is handy when unexpected visitors drop in. oh yeah I know that feeling tongue.gif !

1. 7 eggs the egg juice (xabka – the white part) pour it into baaquli

2. Mix it all up

3. When is nicely mixed add ½ sugar (depending how sweet u like)

4. Add the remaining egg (kan jaalaha)

5. Add half small spoon packing-powder

6. Add very small amount of vanilla

7. Mix it all up until is nice & smooth

8. Add 7 spoon of plain flower

9. Mix it all up until is nice & smooth

10. Get a flat cake pole (baquliga dolshada mid fitsan)

11. Put it in the oven approximately 35 minutes with 190degrees

12. After 35 minutes make sure is nicely cooked checking with cake tester

13. When it cool down ku rid tray asagoo sidiisa u fidsan

14. Top of the cake mari jam (any flavour u like)

15. Then top of it add coconut make use is nicely spreads around the cake.

16. Finally put it in the fireach so it could cool down (it is nice when it is bit cooler)

Trust me u gonna love it. let me know what u think of it folks. Peace smile.gif

Remember to keep it coming those nice recipes.

[This message has been edited by Buubto (edited 02-20-2002).]

Hibo   

hibo ayaantaan waxaba i dhibay sida dolshaha lo sameyo waa isku warerenay aan ku iri

hada raceptigada aan aqriyay and it worked

thanks abaayo keep it coming....

Hibo   

Does anyone kno how to make 'xalwad'? I would like to learn....so pls share ur knowledge.

Thanx

Hibo   

Ismahaan: That sounds delicious i will inshallah try it....

Buubto: I love that cake too.. i know how to make it.. its even gr8 with pineapples.

Caasha: all pleasure is mine sis...

Barwaaqo: this is how u make xalwad.. but I will write in somali/english ok..

ingredients:

2lbs sokor

12 glasses biyo

2 teaspoons jooyse ( nutmeg)

1/2 heel( finely grinded)

Yello food coloring half of the bottle

1/2 pack of corn starch

a glass of oil.

3 tablespoons of subag.

nuts or sesame ( its optional if u want to )

Sida loo kariyo:

Digsi ku saar biyaha kadibna ku dar sokorta.

Marka ay yara kululaadaan, corn starchka oo aad baaquli ku qastay ku dar adiga oo isla markaana walaaqaaya. Dabka u dheeree...for a while.. kadibna walaaq. markasta waa inaad walaaqdaa hadii kale hoostey kaaga dhageysaa. Wax yar wax yar ka dib wey soo culuslaaneysaa... kadibna waxaad ku dartaa food coloringka. iska walaaq uun. Marka ay xoogaa adkaato oo ay is qabsato... nutmeg iyo heelka ku dar.. walaaq aad u walaaq. Koob saliid ah ku dar walaaq walaaq. ilaa ah wareegayo oo ay is qabsato ay noqoto, one big dough. xoogaa yara sug. kadib walaaq...around n around..real fast.till all the water evapourates. kadibna meel ku shubo... either aluminum foil baking trays or glass trays... ur choice... let it cool .. n then its ready to be eaten.. bon apetite!!

lol   

I thought I would re-open the cooking classes... today its how to make BIRYANI:

serves 6 people.

Ingredients:

3 glasses of rice ( don't ask me the weight)

8 chicken drums ( legs)

1 cup oil

6 large onions

1 clove of garlic

6 chicken stocking cubes.

3 bay leaves

1 tbl spoon of biryani masala

1 teaspoon of rosemary & sweet Paprika

4 pieces of cloves

3 cardomom

2 tbl spoons of yellow food coloring

Salt to taste.

Chopped parsley and pine nuts for garnishing

Preparation of sauce:

Boil the chicken drums in 1lt water for 30 min. Drain it into another large cooking pot and place the chicken legs on a plate or bowl. Wash the pot and put some oil. Add the thinly sliced onions and fry them till golden brown. add crashed garlic, 3 chicken stocking, biryani masala, cloves, cardomom, rosemary, paprika and the bay leaves. Add some 1/2 cup water and the chicken drums. Cook it for 10 mins.

Preparation of Rice:

Boil the large pot with the drained chicken sauce, add 1 1/2 lt of water and the chicken stocking. After boiling the water add the rice. Taste the water and add salt accordingly. Let the rice cook for 15 mins. Now drain the rice.

Add the rice to the already prepared sauce. Don't mix them. Now cover the pot and make it air tight. Lower the fire and let it cook for another 30 mins. sprinkle the food coloring over the white rice. Now slowly mix the sauce and the rice.

For salad;

1 Large yogurt

3 meduim chopped cucumbers

1 garlic piece crashed

1 large chopped onion

1 chopped carrots

a teaspoon of salt.

Add them all in a bowl. And serve with the rice...

Hibo, I just love Biryani :D ..

Anyways, can you post QUICK meals...'cause all that chicken n rice take ages :( and I'm a student on the move and got my exams just round da corner...I'll probably starve :(:(:(

All this food-talk is making me hungry!

Now this my come as something of a supprise to some but Cooking is something that i enjoy very much. My speciality is Cheese on Toast or Toast with Meduim heated Baked beens . However my all time fav dish to cook is Pot , or should i say posh noodles , it requires precies timing when bolloing the water and a perfect technique when mixing ;)

LoL @ Shuj!

I'm astonished at your cooking abilities! Which distinguished cooking school did you go to, I wonder, to learn how to prepare all those magnificent meals? :D

Speaking of magnificent meals....

Hibo,

I'm afraid I wasn't too successful wit the xalwad-making exercise. Waan walaaqay oo walaaqay oo walaaqay balaayada but I only ended up with something that resembled gooey brown jam. Don't know what I did wrong. Any ideas? :confused:

LOL@Shujui ... guess what... I know how to make them posh noodles too.. :D

Barwaaqo, I detect a sense of sarcasm in ur reply..on a serious level, it does take precise timing to make posh noodles taste posh ;)

(I'll give u a taster next time around)

LadyMo   

Barwaaqo I dont kno much about makin xalwo but

I remember helpin my mum make it and I swear it

takes HOURS!! U have to walaaq and walaaq and walaaq until not only ur fingers feel numb but until u cant feel ur arm or ur entire upper body,lol (but dats only if ur makin sumthin like 7kgs)

Grey M&M Im in ure boat too my friend & I like makin pasta wiv a mince meat sauce this is very simple just put sum oil in a fryin pan when dat has heated a lil add sum onions and then de meat after a lil while add sum tomatoes, herbs, spices and any other vegetable+salt to taste u like and take it off wheneva u think de sauce is ready

(if u wana speed the length of time required to cook it pour sum boilin water ova de minced meat prior to adding it to de pan. Im sure u kno how to make pasta but incase u dont read de instructions on de back of de product-also use a fryin pan instead of a pot/digsi because u get a larger surface area in general when u use a fryin pan+u fry rather than cook/boil so de end result tastes better-also add sum powder gravy to de sause dis will thicken it and add extra taste)

Another easy thing is buy sum meat, cut it into cubes and using de same sort of method as above cook urself sum suqaar & u can hav dis wiv eiher rice or pasta (howeva for rice alternatively make de cubes a lil bigger)

Shujui-1 ur a JOKA! I hav started to like beans wiv tuna on toast for sum strange reason its real good coz I dont like beans on its own & I like fish.

Scrambled egg wiv toast is also sumthin I hav every now and then but the main things I eat are cornflakes (boy I can hav dis for breakie, for dinner as a quick snack in other words just about anytime of de day or nite when I feel a lil peckish!)

Ooh and plain toast wiv butter or wiv peanut butter(rarely), nutella-chocolate spread, cheese.

So de 2 things I cant live wivout at de moment are

Toast and Cornflakes (hence milk)

Pot noodles I think u get tired of them after a while coz I remember when I just moved into de campus dat was all I had.

Guled92   

Hibo,

Not only your food sounds yammy, you too are yammy....lol

Is any of the ladies taking note....You will need this that big night....ok

Bye...