Sign in to follow this  
Deeq A.

British Government Advises Against Visit to Eastern Regions in North Somalia

Deeq A.   

Hargeisa (PP News Desk) — The British Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office today issued a travel advice for its citizens in North Somalia.

“For security reasons the FCDO advises against all but essential travel to the three western regions of Somaliland (Awdal (i.e. Boorama), Maroodijeh (i.e. Hargeisa) and Sahil (i.e. Berbera)” reads the statement.

IMG-20211204-WA0004.jpg?resize=430%2C520The map used by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office for the travel advice on Somalia.

The travel advice affects Togdheer, Sool and Sanaag. The FCDO urges its citizens visiting Boorama, Hargeisa or Berbera to “exercise a heightened level of vigilance and take care in public places where people gather.”

The British government advised its citizens in Mogadishu “to exercise a heightened level of vigilance and take care in public places where people gather” due to April 2021 armed clashes involving security forces in the capital city.

© Puntland Post, 2021

The post British Government Advises Against Visit to Eastern Regions in North Somalia appeared first on Puntland Post.

Sign in to follow this