Dhagaxtuur

Let's talk about 'Elephant in the room'

...Fahad Yaasiin and the clout he wills over decisions and direction of the administration. 

I think, this fellas influence and power is destructive.  It's my belief that so called head of state is heavily reliant on this guy for direction.  This is not healthy,  and will lead the country down the abyss. 

1 hour ago, Dhagaxtuur said:

...Fahad Yaasiin and the clout he wills over decisions and direction of the administration. 

I think, this fellas influence and power is destructive.  It's my belief that so called head of state is heavily reliant on this guy for direction.  This is not healthy,  and will lead the country down the abyss. 

We tend to blow things out of proportion. Fahad is no more powerful than anyone else. He is more competent and people seem to confuse competence for power. More importantly, unlike 'laandheer' politicians, the man depends on his skills to sedate what passes for politicians in Somalia.

And he is no more destructive than 'babdaado" qaran, Deni, and Madobe.

I assure if HSM and Sharif had this man on their side, they will be singing a different tune.

galbeedi   
6 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

the man depends on his skills to sedate what passes for politicians in Somalia.

He is a self made man unlike those who got appointed through 4.5. His main card the Qatar connection which decides the outcome of the elections.

My only concern about intelligence chiefs under FArmaajo is they are spending most of their time in politics than security which is their primary job. Also, it is illegal for the current intelligence director to run and get elected in the parliament. 

If things don't change and quickly in terms of flowing the rules of the game, we could have a disputed elections.

6 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

We tend to blow things out of proportion. 

Behind the scenes,  he actually is.  Qatari money bags coupled with a favour from a president that sees him as his king maker, he is actually spin doctor of all spin doctors.  

41 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

Also, it is illegal for the current intelligence director to run and get elected in the parliament.

He, Fahad,  made sure that all his close friends and those implicated in the Ikraan case get a seat in Parliament. Guess what? To avoid scrutiny in the future.  

This fellow's politics are zero sum game.  In today's Somalia,  you need cohesive politics that bring people together,  not the use of money and muscle (military,  as he thinks). 

The man that was supposed to curb and clip his wings for the greater good is asleep on the wheel.  As we all know,  because of such bs politics,  the opposition are in the process of creating a parallel system of government or worse the return of violence as we saw April. 

No human being should have or feel to have that sort of power in any country,  let alone a country as fragile politically as Somalia.  

52 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

If things don't change and quickly in terms of flowing the rules of the game, we could have a disputed elections.

We already have.  Thanks to this fellow and people that think like him. 

This country is fragile,  compromise and negotiation continously is the way forward.  Not buying parliamentary seats and placing your stooges as governors. 

galbeedi   
12 minutes ago, Dhagaxtuur said:

This country is fragile,  compromise and negotiation continuously is the way forward.

Ahmed Madoobe and C/laahi Deni had set a bad precedent when they selected senate seats where the preferred candidate run against their drivers, maids and in laws.

Yet, being the president should be different than what a hopeless regional leader does. Despite their earlier mistakes of ridding with the regional leaders, Farmaajo should allow the opposition to have some influence and leeway to have their friends in the parliament. The way Jawaari was treated was really bad. Farmaajo already defeated him by taking away his speaker-ship,  why keep beating a dead horse. Give the man his seat and let him have his microphone inside parliament holes.  Ninka markaad legado waa laga kacaa, haddi kale waa doqonimo.

As I said before, this will be the most corrupt election even contested in Somalia. In fact, I was trying to write an article about abolishing this election and going back to one person one vote to safe the few institutions standing now. I am just waiting to interview a friend of mine who just visited, Nairobi, Kismayo, Baioda and  Mogadishu who came back yesterday.

Farmaajo might win the election, but the system might not survive. Mahdi Guuleed is selecting who should represents Awdal. Regardless of the elders, he has the last word. 

The opposition now wish it was one man one vote, but that will not happen.

as for Fahad, I agree with CHe, he is more competent, not more powerful

And for Dhagaxtuur, tell us what you know about Ikran case, and beside all the fog, and darkness, blame game, what do you think actually happen to her? Her family needs closure

Gentlemen,

The opposition was played. They only came to realize this when they got screwed over. They were clapping and congratulating the outrageously corrupt Seneta selection. Now that they are losing MPs in the same corrupt manner, is it all of sudden corrupt?

In the eyes of the Somali public and IC, Farmajo handed the election process to Rooble who passed it on to the regional leaders. And those regions told the opposition f u.

PUNTLAND STATE “OBJECTS TO ELECTION BOYCOTT BY PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES”

PUNTLANDPOST.NET

Garowe (PP News Desk) — At the recent Zoom-based meeting with leaders of the Federal Member States, Mohamed Hussein Roble,… Sii akhri

6 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

tell us what you know about Ikran case, 

I don't know more than most know.  However,  if you closely study individuals either elected or are in the process to be elected for Parliament are implicated.  The mastermind behind their guaranteed selection,  look no further. 

This fellow reminds me of a certain Dominic Cummings,  former chief of staff for the British pm, who was largely believed to be the force behind pm's election and brexit vote.  This man has literally sacked secretary of state, but eventually was uncrememoniously shown the door as he was too big for his boots. 

Point is, this fellow,  behind closed doors,  is too powerful and is dictating direction of where things are heading in his own view.  That is not what Somalia needs at this point in time.  

galbeedi   
12 hours ago, Dhagaxtuur said:

made sure that all his close friends and those implicated in the Ikraan case get a seat in Parliament.

THat case is closed. No need to rehash now.

9 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

The opposition was played. They only came to realize this when they got screwed over.

The opposition has no hope now. THat why I am saying to Farmaajp/Qoor Qoor give them few seats of their friends like Tuur Yare and company to give them some consultations. Make sure they come to the arena and contest the election.

Waar nimaka ku dhiiri geli in ay yimaadaan garoonka lagu ciyaatayo ka dibna si fiican uga badi. 

Anyway, this contest is between C/laahi Deni and Farmaajo. The Mogadishu fools never had any strategy other than oppose Farmaajo. The Unaka has no choice but to back Deni for future hopes of getting the premiership,.

Marka qofka kursiga lagu siiyo waa reer hebel iyo 4.5 waxaas oo kale ayaa dhaca. In the real world people like Rooble, C/weli Gaas , Cumar Sharmaatke, and Saacid could never have been directors of an agency let alone prime minister. Khayre despite his mistakes was the most competent prime minister we have seen for the last 20 years because he was selected without clan consideration.