Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Exactly who here is a Londoner?

Come on guys, I have spent most of my life in London. And as much as I hate to say this but I have to side with those who say London is crap place to be. The place is over crowded; the streets are damn small for two cars to pass each other, and most of all its expensive.

Here is tip, try Glasgow, Edinburgh, Liverpool, Milton Keynes and so on, u will get everything you need, and especially a FRESH AIR.

Haashim   

Well, although i live in london more than two yrs, i didn't consider myself as a londoner because it's a very complicate city.

so, untill i achieve my goal (which is rather far) i will keep my hollander identity. lool

Paragon   

Originally posted by miss-BARWAAQO:

"Southall?? Please! That's one place I've no desire in visiting again!"

Oh! biliis Barwaaqo, you know how addictive southall is and the faraax display centres.

But i must admit that Southall is the perfect place for slow jam music and show offs. You might get yourself stuck in a long traffic for hours travelling 0-5 KPH

PS: next time you intend to visit southall inform me coz i will get you a VIP southallite traffic jam-pass ;)

You and i know that west is the best and better than rest....

Baby_G   

So there r londeners on dis site..........damn........i thought it was packed wid somalis from da states.

Any wayz cool 2 b part of da nomad family i guess.

aight peace an luv guys (especially my londeners) lol smile.gif .

Baby_G

Salaamu 3laikum,

Knock ! Knock !

Enter Mujahid ;)

I hereby send greetings to all Londinium residents peasants and rich alike. Mind you I am currently on a tour around the major cities of UK for esponiage mission for the MIA (Mujahidiin Intelligence Agency) ;) my code is 00waaxid.

P.S. My spritual home is the articulate structures of the cave complexes of T.B. ( Tora Bora) :D

<---- IN LONDON.

Was just wonderin...why do u guyz have the hot and cold taps separate? I mean, do I have 2 use a bowl all the time just so I get warm water? I must say, this is a pretty dumb idea. Back we in the Arabs, both hot and cold water come out throught the same opening so U've the choice of cold/hot/warm. :confused:

Also, WHY ARE THE HOUSES soooooooo SMALL? :confused: . Its mentally disturbing to be in such a small closed space...like a mouse hole... icon_razz.gif

I've visited the centre...anywhere else worth a look?

Oh yeah...besides WC...do I have any other invitations? ;)

Rahima   

London is Cold, Rainy, Sad and i hope i never go there to live again. :(

I lived there for a while (a few short months) as a child and was scared away forever, especially when it's compared to Australia ;)

Down under reminds me of back home (weather wise during the summer). :D

Salaan...

Barwaaqo and rest of London folks, some facts about London. What I will list will be true, because almost close to 100 of my immediate family members live there. And hardly a week goes by someone calling from there, telling us how this or that the place is, mostly negative. I must admit: I never visited it. Everytime I want to visit, something happens. But, surely upcoming months, I will.

And the facts. Those will only be facts, according to my brothers, sisters, uncles, uants, cousins, etc.

This is what London is:

• No Enough parking space. You can't park your small car even.
  • Your park your car right next to your house. Or even small appartment if you live.
  • No side yard. No greenery in the city.

• Restricted side walks. No two person can walk at the same time and pass each other. :D Landhan needs land.

• Public phone. You can't put one quarter and talk as long as you want. Noo. Unlike North America, in London you have to constantly put your cents, dimes, etc in order to keep talking. :D What a world!
  • If you do have a licence, but don't have a car, you can't drive another car. You can only drive YOUR car.
  • The taxis. Even Kenya tagsiyadii yaaley aa dhaamo. Especially, tagsiyadii Joomo Kenyata Airport ka shaqeyn jirey. Modelled in same style. smile.gif
  • Old buildings. Old people. Old Queen. Old Monarchy. Old Clock. Old Greenwich Mean Time. Old trains {and expensive}. Old Baarlamaan--and this barlamaan seems like a circus game. Everyone is shouting. A politician whistling. Maan. Yes, while the prime minister is in a speech, they can protest by whistling--Fiiq Fiiq :eek: --or pounding their fists. Some even do sacbis or throw objects to other members of this Losers House {and they say this is democracy in full, maan}. Even this baarlamaan is full tight. No space. The Blair Witch waxuu isku cariirinaa laba wasiir dhexdiis. My Lord.
  • You don't have to know your neighbour. None knows his/her neighbour. There was this story on BBC a couple of years ago. This old man died in his house and none discovered him after five years. :eek: He had children. He had neighbours. He lived in the centre of London. And he died in his house and none discovered for five years, well besides his bones. Can you believe that?

And I am not even talking about the weather. The constant rain. I heard some part of that country, rain plays like a jarkaboodooy game. In the morning, it rains, afternoon a quick sunshine, and again, it rains. Maan. The mass-circulated cheap jaad, too. Jaad iyo mahaas gacan aa u daaye.

I know yaqeey. I might have been biased. But, as far as I listed that, I am sure some are as true as they seem.

Reer London ha igu sanifina yaah. It is all some kaftan lee yaqeey. icon_razz.gif

Macsalaama!!

Bohemian   

Miskiin M A, just couldn't stop laughing about your list, specially: no space for Blair and the sacbis at the parliament. I Must agree with you on most and add that the capital is so filthy and pollutant that your hands becomes grubby.

No hard feelings Londoners, there are great things about London though that you can't find no where else.........I would love to list those if I had more time ;)

Samafal   

salaamz,

Hi all. heey londoners where are you!! It is time we stand up for ourselves :( . Why is it we are subjected such kind of abuse and insults and again we have to endure housing , caring a large crowd of immigrants from north america, rest of europe and australia who when they come here in london first for holiday then settle permanently here and make the city crowded. Surely if your places are any good you should stick to it and leave london alone ;) Otheer wise be good guest and commend the leading host :mad:

Blessed   

Wooooooooooooow, What is this that I see, the anti- London fan club?

I beg my decent Londoners: Barwaaqo, Wild Cat, Shaqsi, Mujaahid, Mataan, Muna to elighten these folks about our beautiful little city! And that is exactly what it is, thats why ya'll come back year after year after year.. so boo hoo! Just ask MMA how many times a year he visits London icon_razz.gif

Athena, U have an invitation from me, but only if u change ur tone sistah :D

Soul lady, never go on holiday to somalis and expect it to be worth while. I am a londoner and I act like a tourist, so thats the best way to make the most of it!

Haashim   

Miskiin Macruuf Aqyaar, you forgot many things including

gacanta ka ciyaar, meelkasta haddaad wax ka dhamaysanaysid waa inaad gacanta ka hadashaa,, even doctors, and conductors smile.gif .

Insects, xataa baranbaardii redface.gif aan xamar ku nacnay waa buuxdaa, jiirkana wuxuu ka midyahay deganayaasha magaalada.

Biyaha kulul iyo kuwa qabow labadooda tuubo waa kala fog yihiin, waa inaad adiga marba mid gacanta ama weel ku shubataa, qofba siduu rabuu isku dabaraa :mad: .

Qashinka meeshaad rabtid ayaad ku tuureysa except WESTMINISTER AREA.

ma sii wadaa ....... waxaan ku soo khatimayaa sanad kasta waxaa la bixiyaa abaalgudka mukhaayadda ugu waskhda badan redface.gif , habeen dhoweyd ayaan la soo daayey sanadkaan waxaa qaatey mukhaayad ASIAN ah oo EAST london ku taal waxeyna ku qaadatey maba gadato wax FRESH ah isda hilibka iyo qudaarta iwm ee waxey gadataa haraaga dadka wax ka cunana waxey ka iibisaa oo isugu dartaa hambooyinkooda redface.gif kuwa abaalgudka bixinayey ayaa ka iibiyey hilib iyo qudar qurmay masawir yarna jikadey dhex dhigteen oo duubay iyagoo hanooyinka isku dardaraya.

Reer london ha iga xanaaqina waayo anba london waan degganahay, laakiin runta lama qarin karo :cool: .

Having said that, i invite you all to visit this vast growing city without condition just you need IMMUNIZATION against above mentioned diseases. :D and gas masks, just in case.

LACNADI HA KU DHACDO DAALLIMIINTA, LAAKIIN KUWA KA AAMUSAN MAXAAN NIRAAHNAA.

Samafal   

Muraad

if london it is these bad you said why dont you pack your bags and head whereever you come from!! you bieng left your previous country and found a home in london means that you are enjoying living in london and we would expect to be more complimental to your host agonistic.....................