Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Somali Men

Nurrudin Farah - One of Africa's best writers and our finest.

DID YOU KNOW?

The multilingual writer Nurudin Farah was named the 1998 Neustadt Laureate. He was the first African to receive this award, a literary prize which is considered to be secondary in prestige to the Nobel Prize for literature.

Sorry about the photo.

Chimera   

Originally posted by Abdillah:

nuruddin_farah.jpg

Nurrudin Farah - One of Africa's best writers and our finest.

DID YOU KNOW?

The multilingual writer Nurudin Farah was named the 1998 Neustadt Laureate. He was the first African to receive this award, a literary prize which is considered to be secondary in prestige to the Nobel Prize for literature.

Sorry about the photo.

i put him and other artists and writers in the Somali Art and Entertainment topic

thanks!

Sacdiya   

^^^^oK Sawirida Fiiri Naysiin ahaa indhiha idin tiray. He did post one about Somali Women web page

Che- Sawirada indha ma na tirin ok and we are not blind. It should’ve been posted where everyone can easily see it. Thanks for pointing out though.

Rose   

Originally posted by Mirage:

quote:Originally posted by Rose:

quote:

Originally posted by David_Letterman:

Dr_Mohamed_Ibrahim.jpg

Dr Mohamed Ibrahim, MD (Surgeon)

MashaAllah never heard of a somali surgeon! He looks like he is from Baydhabo..any ideas? I guess he is married
:D
Pardon moi, how can you differentiate the region a Somali individual is from based on looks? I am puzzled. Accent that I can understand but on looks come on!

He looks like someone I know who is from baydhabo

Rose   

Originally posted by Cambarro:

Great acheivements here. Maashallah. I hope (inshallah) they are just as dedicated to their deen.

InshaAllah..since true success lies in the hereafter. May Allah be pleased with us all-Allahumma Ameen.

Aaliyyah   

Rose Dr ibrahim is Unfortuantly married with four children lolz this is what was on an article i was readign about em :

He was also attracted to the Twin Cities because of the large Somali population, which he said is good for his wife and four children.

He says:

"(My children) will be able to maintain their American cultural identity while being exposed to Somali values, culture and language," he said.

Now aint all educated outa of reach :mad:

Wa salaaam

Rose   

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

Rose Dr ibrahim is Unfortuantly married with four children lolz this is what was on an article i was readign about em :

He was also attracted to the Twin Cities because of the large Somali population, which he said is good for his wife and four children.

He says:

"(My children) will be able to maintain their American cultural identity while being exposed to Somali values, culture and language," he said.

Now aint all educated outa of reach :mad:

Wa salaaam

haha khair inshaAllah