Sign in to follow this  
The_Siren

Shisha Joints

In all honesty, I don't know who chewed khat first, but Yemenis have been doing it for centuries (since the 1400's at least). While my previous post was distorted by annoyance at the nature of this thread, the example of the Yemeni woman being looked at strange for chewing khat was just as ignorant.

Also, this entire thread is "condescending" and "paternalistic".

"Oh look at those Arab men luring poor Somali girls into their tobacco-flavored brothels to leer at them"

PLEASE! Whether you're chinese, somali or arab, a beautiful woman draws a man's attention, period. And she will draw the attention of a man, whether she's in a brothel, classroom, shisha coffehouse, or in the street.

Originally posted by The_Siren:

these filthy Arabs

Originally posted by The_Siren:

Paragon- I share in your hate of all things arab as well. LOL-I believe its in all Somali people to hate Arabs and xabashiis. hehehe (No offense to any Arabs or insectopians of course)

Examples of why this thread sucks.

Chimera   

Originally posted by Sherban Shabeel:

In all honesty, I don't know who chewed khat first, but Yemenis have been doing it for centuries (since the 1400's at least). While my previous post was distorted by annoyance at the nature of this thread, the example of the Yemeni woman being looked at strange for chewing khat was just as ignorant.

Well considering that Sultan Sabr ad Din of Zeila(Somalia) allready cultivated that plant across East Africa since the 13th/14th century Somalis have been chewing it 'for centuries' aswell.

You misinterpreted my point, a marfiish is like one of those golf-clubs where all members are male, the sight of women let alone 'Yemeni women' would be looked at as strange, so it's not that there chewing Khat but that they decided to chew it in a male dominated sphere( and i picked Yemeni women because i know they chew khat).

The rest of your post, fair enough! I sincerly apologise to all those offended by any of my posts, wether members or lurkers!

There’s only one reason I can use to explain Sherban Shabeel’s little show of (Save the Arabs campaign) outburst, And that’s due to him having some sort of filthy Arab blood running through his viens, most likely Yemenis as he seems to know much of what other Al sacuud Arabs consider the lesser even simian in look and texture typed Arabs. LMAO!

I’m kidding people good lord, so I enjoy being Racist and silly and obviously throwing out slurring racial stereotypes which are truly unfair. Why shouldn’t I? I’m among Somalis aren’t I? Simply because some of you are not as thoroughbred as me is by no means a reason to hate and detest me...embrace me. (grins whilst pulling on her bullet proof vest)

Plus my topic is what I consider a form of anecdotal evidence….

Were there leering filthy north African Arabs? Yes

Was the atmosphere somewhat seedy and degenerate? Yes (lol-Again personal ideas differ)

Was the food in the particular place inspired? No

Did I personally feel out of place? Yes

Did these places of shisha blowing come across as a sort of breeding ground? Yes

These are the results of my finding whether you care for them or not isn’t that much of an issue. But I’m glad you put into your point of view makes for an interesting and amusing time.

Ngonge- Horta whats your problem? You got some sort of soft spot for those onion eating, halitosis suffering sexual deviants? (Laughs her **** off and nearly cracks a rib in the process) Good lord I’m kidding people I’m kidding! Wallahi I am LOL-Man I love being a nuisance. (Chucks his Shisha back in face) No thanks…

Cynical? LOL Long time no see, glad to see your still very much alive and kicking and very much passionate as always

Adam- God I thought you had bigger balls than that? All I have to say is one world. Arabi loving TRAITOR! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL ...(wipes the tears of laughter from her eyes) God I'm having fun tonight. Stand by your racist convictions man- thats the only way you'll gain true respect. (tries to hold a straightface)

In truth I'm not all that discriminating, I simply enjoy being a nuisance :D

Still, you on the other hand are spinelessly might I add back tracking from your initial "protect our sisters" from Yemeni men campaign. Pray tell were your sisters so dipped in chocolate and strawberries that those poor-female deprived Arab males would have dared to venture to so brazenly mount your sisters in the very street even? (places a shocked hand to her mouth-surpressing a hiss of wonder)

Please, tell us more of these fiends with which you so deligently protected your sisters dearest of Somali knights... smile.gif

they say everything is not for everyone and too each his own. I don't know about arab harems/Shisha cafes (Though i would like to visit one) but I do enjoy shisha cafes, arab or otherwise. I have been to them in Columbus where I first discovered that they exist in 2003 and Later, i have seen really nice ones in New York, DC and Philadelphia, my home town, where I found people toasting to the new year with Shisha and Champagne. There all not the same, some have club atmosphere like the one in Philadelphia or Babylon in DC. Others like Gypsy in Columbus are real cafes where can enjoy a flaverful shisha, best chai in town, nice variety of world music and a game of chess or spades with you friends. After a long, a relaxing place to look forward to.

Girls there are real,friendly, comfortable in their own skin and though hijabis are a rear sight, those that come are also real, friendly and comfortable in their own skin. Most of them, girls or guys, are college kids, hence smarter then the average Xalimo and farah as some of you here have taken to call Somalis. As for the health concerns, we all have a few unhealthy habits, i have a personal policy not to trust those that don't (they usually have something more sinister in their closets). I found through a recent NY times article recently that some of the vitamins that i have been taking cancel out the health benefits of my exercises. Point is, unless you walk around with a magical bubble, coming across some things that are not good for you, knowingly or unknowingly, is inevitable. Furthermore, cigs have a lot of additives that make them worse for you than the flavor and natural tobacco that is shisha.

More importantly, just because you don't like something, does not mean we all have to feel the same way. be confident in your lifestyle people, no need to try to justify it or worse demean it.

Chimera   

lol Actually i did the same thing during our trip to Amsterdam, with my chainmail shining armour on i was ready to slay Dragons, my psychopathic stare struck down terror in the hearts of all men in Amsterdam walking through the Bijenkorf mall between 12 pm and 2 pm - Jan 16, 2006

you can rent me for £15 an hour

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

^How about we bash Uzbeks?

I heard they are smelly, uncultured, and their women are hairy
:D

That said, how are you
smile.gif

The men must be their fairer sex then. Let me at 'em. :D

I'm good. Sometimes I feel like the Diversity Officer. How are you and your women? icon_razz.gif

Chimera   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

^Just 15, don't sell yourself cheap ninyahow,a Chippendale makes more money than that.

I'm no chipmunk bro, but a certified Knight on a White Camel, the low price is a testament to my great chivalry.

Naxar Nugaaleed- I cannot help but smile because you’ve made couple of very good points and its hard to argue with reason when one sees it. Well done- ultimately I liked the way you expressed yourself and you are correct not all places are the same but the one in which I particularly ventured wasn’t unfortunately as comfortable and laid back as the places your describing. Still, different tastes for different folks and I truly didn’t men to demean any life-style but was simply and probably biasedly (not a word) sharing my own. No harm meant really I just wanted to know what prompted people into venturing into such places as the one I personally visited. Nice to have you perspective in it though, makes for a more balanced view.

Adam- *sighs*....tis far too late in the game to convince us of your mass-protective abilities when you yourself professed to trusting "westerners" in comparison to Arab boys (Yemenis in particular)...and I do believe the netherlands to be considered part of the "west" so why you would pretend to protect your chocolate dipped sisters from these obviously less depraved and civilised westerners is beyond me. :D

180 Degree turn anyone? :D ...thats right my biggoted buddy I'm taking you down with me LOL..tssss

Originally posted by Adam-Zayla:

[i'm no chipmunk bro, but a certified Knight on a White Camel, the low price is a testament to my great chivalry.

Knights TAKE, but since we are in 'civilized world' and you are too humble to ask more, you must be compensated in other ways-I let Siren decide what reward for chivalry would be *talking to her telepathically-takin g him to Amsterdam red light district won't count*.

Sheh....Looooooooooo L@diversity officer, we should petition LSK to make Cadaan or Shabeel as moderator then. I'm well dear, and wadaad noqdey labadaan bari :D

LooooooooL@let me at them....Yup tame them.