Sign in to follow this  
The_Siren

Shisha Joints

NGONGE   

Oh the moral outrage and blatant racism on this thread is nauseating!

Adam, my young son, MEN like women. Not Somali women, not Arab women, not half dressed blonde women BUT women in general. A woman going alone to these places would attract attention (if she's pretty and if the waiter is into black women). A woman that knows how to look after herself would know how to deal with such attention.

ps

C&H, you do seem to have a problem with manly attention, don't you? I've counted at least five occassions where you told of men pestering you (hmm! maybe, you are right, or else why am I following your stories and remembering all the ones from the camera man to the waiter?) :D

I would give you Ducaysany's immortal advice: iska guurso. icon_razz.gif

The Siren,

Chill, dear. Have a shiisha. smile.gif

God bless hypocrisy.

Adam- "You don’t belong there? Somali women have their own domain and that’s each other’s house?" Wake up and smell the coffee cave man. Gosh am shocked at the normalcy on the delivery/acceptance of this statement.

As for the "am not a control freak" Sadly your words dictate otherwise. “ i was in Yemen i didn't let my female siblings out of my sight, not for a second” ???

:rolleyes:

Runs in slow mo to her old man & hugs back....how are you mere jaan, kise ho tum. You’ve lost weight? What happened? No food in Somali (land)?

Chimera   

Cynical - No they dont in my opinion, and i would never ALLOW my future wife or daughters to enter a place like that, without at least several male relatives or friends. You might consider this ''extreme'' well BOO HOO i dont care, if i feel there is potential danger then i will put my foot down just like my fiance put her foot down when i told her i wanted to save for a motorcycle, something she feels is dangerous and i respect that, again BOO HOO if you consider that 'extreme' aswell

Secondly i really wonder what Somali Homes look like these days considering this is the second time someone interpreted that part of my post as the equivalance of a correctional facility. The house i grew up in was my mothers domain, every single part of it was her ''baby'' and the martii that came to visit several times a week was a way for my mother to showcase her precious baby to friends she has known since childhood in Somalia. Maybe teens of today have simply lost sight of what is Somali & Islamic culture but i havent, hence my romanticism with traditional Somali houses.

You've never been to Yemen hence why you would roll your eyes like that.

btw do you even know the definition of hypocrisy? I never been to a Shisha joint and i'm not planning to, so how would i be hypocritical for not wanting someone i care for to go to a shady place like that?

NGONGE fair enough.

Unless I am mistaken, I didn’t put your name in front of my Hypocrisy statement now did I? Steady on.

As for the rest stuff and nonsense.

p.s I would not allow my future wife/daughter to enter places like that.....Yes cave man. It’s not your fault my dear, your still wet behind the ears in time you would understand you can’t control everything. Especially peoples mobility and hopefully catch up with time.

C&H, you do seem to have a problem with manly attention, don't you? I've counted at least five occassions where you told of men pestering you (hmm! maybe, you are right, or else why am I following your stories and remembering all the ones from the camera man to the waiter?)

:D Fair Enuff! It aint my fault that I was raised by a paranoid mother :D so I shriek, murmur, sweat like a pig, and run in the other direction on such occasions in which I recieve unwanted male attention smile.gif .

Oh God! Here we go again. Where in the post did I claim to be quruxley. Just because you get hit on doesnt mean you're a beauty-queen Ok? Besides didnt I say my married friend AND the other girls were also meeting the same fate?

People in Yemen were chewing khat before Somalis even knew what it was.

Also, in reponse to this thread, stop hating on shisha joints. Just because you can't get with the atmosphere, doesn't make them "shady, seedy" places. Stop the paranoia.

Chimera   

^Put down a date for me to ''accept'' or ''refute'' otherwise retract that condescending paternalistic statement about Yemenis & Somalis and their historical relations with 'Khat'