Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Canada

Dhigsan is ghetto? Oh, baliis.

airportroad07.jpg

This is Dixon, so what is ghetto about it, pray tell? Soomaalida meeshee deganyihiina is at the background, the tall white buildings. Ghetto kulahaa.

And noo, I don't live there. But unfounded hearsays diidantahay iyo misinformationka.

Baddacas, so that means I am bigger than you? :D Bas bas, I ain't no Canadian.

Kool_Kat   

^Umm, een, Dixon is not ghetto? Dixon is GHETTO...Sheekaaba noo wadaayee! Goormaa kugu dambeysay horta? Anaga laamigoo nadiif ah hanoo soo masawirinee...

I was there a few months ago anoo mar hore iigu dambaysay...OH GOD!!! First of all, there was blood on the enterence doors (fresh blood, not mid qalalay), when the elevator doors closed there were blood streaks as well...I got off on the 8th floor, guess what, blood on the hallway walls and carpet...If that ain't ghetto, enlighten me bal on what ghetto is? Anaga cantarabaqashka naga kala yaree, Soomaali way tagtay - GHETTO STYLE...

Pucca   

I never did get why people think so badly of dixon. It's not dirty nor is it ghetto...I find it quite lovely actually, especially in the summer time when all the somalis are outside...makes you think you're in somalia. Thats the closest to a somali community one gets around here...

It's ghetto by western standards, I've been there, some of the building smell like urine and there is trash strewn all over the place. So you found one good picture, I'm sure I can do the same for mogadisho, does that mean the place is not a warzone?

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

^Umm, een, Dixon is not ghetto? Dixon is GHETTO...Sheekaaba noo wadaayee! Goormaa kugu dambeysay horta? Anaga laamigoo nadiif ah hanoo soo masawirinee...

I was there a few months ago anoo mar hore iigu dambaysay...OH GOD!!! First of all, there was blood on the enterence doors (fresh blood, not mid qalalay), when the elevator doors closed there were blood streaks as well...I got off on the 8th floor, guess what, blood on the hallway walls and carpet...If that ain't ghetto, enlighten me bal on what ghetto is? Anaga cantarabaqashka naga kala yaree, Soomaali way tagtay - GHETTO STYLE...

lol. To be fair, Dixon is better than American ghetto's. Canada is nice all around, I'm glad to be a canadian where at least I know I have free healthcare.

Baluug   

Originally posted by Protocol:

It's ghetto by western standards, I've been there, some of the building smell like urine and there is trash strewn all over the place. So you found one good picture, I'm sure I can do the same for mogadisho, does that mean the place is not a warzone?

I hate to say it, but the only likely reason why it smells like urine and garbage everywhere, is because Somalis live there. Regrettably, I haven't seen too many Somalis who take good care of their own property. You have 23-floor buildings with their own security guards, and $1300/month for rent. If that's what you call a ghetto, then I must be living in squalor indeed.

Pucca   

Originally posted by Cadaan:

quote:Originally posted by Protocol:

I hate to say it, but the only likely reason why it smells like urine and garbage everywhere, is because Somalis live there. Regrettably, I haven't seen too many Somalis who take good care of their own property. You have 23-floor buildings with their own security guards, and $1300/month for rent. If that's what you call a ghetto, then I must be living in squalor indeed.
whoa there buddy, you may not have seen somalis who take care of their property but i have. Somalis arent dirty people, they're clean alhamdulilah...there may be a few who arent but that is no reason to view all somalis being dirty.

Chimera   

I concur Pucca, the only two real 'serial' causes of urine in buildings are Dogs and drunks, unless Cadaan has seen Somalis owning dogs(unheard off) or seen Somali drunks(insignificant compared to the majority of the Somali community who live a sober life because of their faith) peeing around those buildings i think that was a gross generalization!

ThePoint - nope just highlighting the fruits of stability; see also China and the reconstructed Bosnia

ElPunto   

Cadaan - my man - you still interested in a Somali wife? I mean how can you possibly deal with all that uncleanliness? :D

I've been to Dixon many times. It's not really a ghetto - but that depends on your defintion. It's no American style ghetto but somewhat ghettoish for Canada. And while there is a general shabbiness about the place - I can't say I saw urine anywhere or that much trash anywhere. Let's face it - it is Toronto - you guys are not that well kempt! Come to Ottawa to see a very clean city.

RedSea   

Hands down the somalis in Canada are said to be the most progressive in all of somalis in North America.

forget the few that live In Dixon. In cedar towers in Mpls, there are perhaps thousands of somalis living there, the buildings however are mostly in good condition.