Sign in to follow this  
ponyboy

Afraid to Commit: Young Men Want to Wait on Marriage

ponyboy   

Reason 1: Men can get sex without marriage more easily than in times past.

The men reported that meeting women is easy: at bars, through friends, at work, and on the Internet. Though men want to become friends with a woman before becoming seriously involved, casual sex, they said, is easy to come by.

Reason 2: Men can enjoy the benefits of having a wife by cohabiting rather than marrying.

Men think living together is a good way to test out a marriage prospect. They also view living together as less risky than marriage. At the same time, the men in the study like the convenience of having a regular sex partner. And several said they appreciate the domestic benefits of cohabitation, and the ability to share expenses, but thought marriage unnecessary at this point in life.

Reason 3: Men want to avoid divorce and its financial risks.

Men feel that their financial assets are better protected if they cohabit rather than marry. They also fear that an ex-wife will take financial advantage during settlement proceedings.

Reason 4: Men want to wait until they are older to have children.

Although men understand that women worry about their biological clocks, they say they don't have to. And they don't want to be pressured into marriage by women who want marriage in order to have children.

Reason 5: Men fear that marriage will require too many changes and compromises.

The men savor their freedom to enjoy hobbies, late nights out and freedom from extra financial burdens. They want to postpone absorbing extra responsibilities until they are on extra-solid footing in a number of areas.

nuune   

i know a couple who were together for 18 years and never got married,but they have 8 kids!

all that years they were testing how their relationship is going,and when they thought their relationship is beyond their expectation and is doing well,they decided to get marry soon!

Muslimah   

Bismillahi Ar-Rahman Ar-Rahiim

All praises are due to Allaah. We praise Him, we seek His help and His forgiveness.

Ponyboy, I assume that these facts are about non-muslim men. I also assume that you are muslim and so are the other nomads therefore the arguments stated are irrelevant. Here goes my rebuttal:

Rebuttal to Reason One: Fornication is forbidden.

Rebuttal to Reason Two: Recent studies prove that a couple is more likely to divorce if they lived together b4 marrying. It makes sense to try out a car, but a human being?

Rebuttal to Reason Three: In more cases than not, it is the woman who suffers from a divorce. She on her own wit her kids. Look at the plight of our somali and muslim sisters.

Rebuttal to Reason Four: It is from the mentality of the non-muslims that children must come much later in life and in a few numbers if not one. Who wants to be a father for the first time at the age of 40? By the time your grand kids shown up your either very very very old or dead.

Rebuttal to Reason Five: a) the pursuit for love is evident in this society. From songs to movies, love is in the air. Men have a need to be with someone, to be cared for and loved just as women do. b) Non-muslims obviously have no faith that Allaah will provide for them. A muslim in the other hand knows all rizq comes from Allaah. Allaah states in the Quran that if you're poor and marry to not worry because Allaah will provide for you. Furthermore, all the money you will ever have has already been recorded by Allaah. A dollar today could be gone tomorrow.

If I have stated anything incorrect it is from myself and the Shaytaan.if I have stated anything good, it is from Allaah, the Most High only. O Allaah except this from me. Dear reader plz say amin.

petite   

Muslimah- for heaven's sake check your private messages.Excuse my attitude..don't mean no harm by it k?. I'm just hungry and my lunch break ain't here yet.

Whoever started this topic..how depressing.

Blessed   

Muslimah

Love the reasons girl. But you know what, the brother is right to an extent, this is slowly becoming a common trend among muslims in the west. But it's all good there are plenty of Faarax's who still posses those old values to go arround. To each his own is all that I gota say.

Salaamz

Macalin   

this subject is really irrelevant coz as muslims this habbits and cultures is not ours.

so wats the point of discussing it.

plus..this has been going on forever esp the blk community in the USA(dunno of canada and UK)..but its been proven and shown that whereas white young men and women have pre-marital sex,they ofen don have kids b4 marriege confused eh?

but the same cannot be said for the blk man/woman who not only is fathered by one man, but actually 2 or 3 sometimes.

therefore,this topic is not and will not be any relevant to us and am sure many nomads will humbly agree!

aslaam aleykom!

ponyboy   

allahu akbar

many people still have their beautiful cultures and religion not yet been brianwashed by this stupid socety's cultures(usa and their allies) iam really gratful to GOD hearing from all of you and see some nice reactions specially muslimah and others this topic was realy a rebutable topic and was actually irrelevant to all of us but my purpose was to prove it and see where most young somails are. this topic was not suppose to be here.