Sign in to follow this  
STOIC

The Sermon

STOIC   

I am sitting in a room, next to a chapel. I can hear the sermon of the pastor reach my ears like pleasant words you try to pay close attention. This sermon which I am hearing from the next room aroused my curiosity. I am awed by the remarkable words the pastor is imbuing on a group of young teenagers. This is the period in their young life when parents, friends, and church/mosque are helping in forming these young minds. The creature in us is too complex to be entirely consistent. When I was sunny and pleasant boy I remember how family acquaintances will try to correct any wrong doing in their presence. I wasn’t the perfect kid on the block. It was the people in the community which searched out the true substance of the man in me. It is the true guidance of those folks which still guides me to deal wisely with the phenomena of the daily life.

We constantly find the core of maturity in us. We all have these cores of maturity; we only need to find them. We all must be capable to deal constructively with reality of the daily life. We don’t need to direct our creative and constructive energy into a negative force. One of the hard realities of life is to find the maturity in us. The measure in our life maturity is to find out how ready we are to accept the bad in life and be ready to put it behind while concentrating on the good that might be ahead.

Lately I have been thinking about whence the charming princess will wake me up from the doldrums of my dream of finding the perfect woman. Is there a perfect princess out there waiting to exhale me or fill the other half in me? Why not I am a good looking young Farah with a modest education. The reality dictates though that there is nothing as such thing as a perfect person out there or is there another half waiting to fill me into a full. I am full as people might see me today. Many years ago I jotted down all that I wanted to see in a woman; a patient woman,a beautiful smile, good set of teeth, a good family, same Qabiil, a hopeful woman and at least a woman with some college education, and a good personality. Now I know the Qabiil line might have thrown some eyebrows around. Perhaps many of you might saying under your breath How naïve can you be Stoic?

Man is a gregarious animal, not only in our physical sense but also our social life. We all come from different family backgrounds. To be accepted into our community we all wanted to be aligning with the liking of our kinsmen. We feel that the only way we can increase our belonging to our circles of family ties is by joining ourselves to them. This is where maturity comes to play. I battled with the choices of my future wife for quite some times. I have dated women, but only got disappointed whenever she can’t pass one of my bias pointers. To desire that which is hurtful to others can be sinful and cruel in its sense. I have lied to women when they didn’t make through my selection bias. Of all the points I have made above are true in its sense. I am not convinced that I am right. They all are unreasonable demands. A large part of my answer lies in the priest’s sermon that I heard this morning; Maturity.undeniably we are all influenced by matters that are not of our liking, but we can still make mature decision as the priest put it to the kids. Maturity. Maturity. And Maturity!

STOIC   

Modesty Pardon the crying wind.I think you guys didn't get the theme of the story.Can't you guys notice the theme beneath the story? I hope some one does.Even though I have used the first persona I am trying to convey a message here.Its a story.Read between the lines.Pick some lessons along the way.

Maf Kees   

STOIC.

The opposite would be naïve. To take the feelings of your family and friends into consideration when for instance choosing your partner is a prime example of maturity in your decision making.

------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by STOIC:

[qb] I am sitting in a room, next to a chapel. I can hear the sermon of the pastor reach my ears like pleasant words you try to pay close attention. This sermon which I am hearing from the next room aroused my curiosity. I am awed by the remarkable words the pastor is imbuing on a group of young teenagers. This is the period in their young life when parents, friends, and church/mosque are helping in forming these young minds. church

Maturity.undeniably we are all influenced by matters that are not of our liking, but we can still make mature decision as the priest put it to the kids. Maturity. Maturity. And Maturity!

Ok so you are telling us how they do it in christendom? Actually i must be the only one reacting to this - when you repeatedly used pastor or priest- Or maybe you are hinting so we get used to it...

------------------------------------------------

ps. the story doesnt make sense ..unless of coure ^^^

one

Khalaf   

^^^^yo…u aint the only one. What up Stoic with pastor? Shoundnt the Quran or Hadith make u think? I advice u brother to pick up and read….maturitiy comes from Islam. I know when I become religious…mentally I became old...oldfashioned is my nickname….360 degree turnaround in short time.

And sxb when it comes to women….sure we like the beautiful, good looking face, body, sweet character, nice smile, happy person…..but I heard these hadiths in seminar: Prophet (s.a.w) said: "The whole world is a provision, and the best object of benefit of the world is the pious woman."

Thus sxb a righteous woman, a halal woman is the best companion…..the best wife and one to entrust your future children with.

And as men we were told: Abu Hurayra stated, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'The most perfect of believers in belief is the best of them in character. The best of you are those who are the best to their women.'" [at-Tirmidhi]

Marka be good to women.

It aint hard walaahi…u like a woman…spite some halal game at her….get marriered…have kids….and then die….the end. :D

STOIC   

For the sake of self explanation and for the sake of this pointless story let me explain why I choose church instead of mosque, and Priest instead of Imam. If I had chosen the later over the former I bet you things will have looked boring to you. You will never have paid that much energy in reading it. Now that I mentioned something about a church you are all up in the arms how dare I say something about Christianity? I guess my stealth trap door worked.

This pointless story about the church and the priest hatched in my mind while I was walking beside a church. I live right beside a church. I hear the church bell every morning. I am a member of YMCA. I see the priest every day not that I have a business to see him as I don’t have the leisure to look beyond the immediacy of my life. Now do I subscribe to the teaching of the religion? No I don’t. Do I think there are parallel similarity between Islamic mannerism teaching and Christianity? I think the sermon from the walls every morning testifies their aklaq teaching. Are we that easy to be beguiled by the mere mentioning of some other religion?

Shakti   

Don’t flitter urself.. :D only two people failed into your trap…. The rest of us didn’t care for ur story

all that halla halla blah blah, not good for..since u don’t have the leisure to look beyond the immediacy of ur life.. right?

STOIC   

Don’t flitter urself.. only two people failed into your trap…. The rest of us didn’t care for ur story

all that halla halla blah blah, not good for..since u don’t have the leisure to look beyond the immediacy of ur life.. right?

Oh my God. I must manifest in my weariness now that someone somewhere across the Atlantic Ocean scold my story. I bitterly deprecate her discourteous remarks about my story. I am exasperated and exacerbated by her valuable criticism. What was I expecting from these dramatic pain in the neck reviewers we have in SOL? Now that someone thinks my story was trite and commonplace I should turn into a cynical bitter creature.Do me a favor young girl/boy log off the computer and let the family use the phone.

Shakti   

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

^^ What is Flitter? :confused:

to who flap the wings rapidly ~ Stoic

STOIC

I think ur stories are long and hollow. Wallahi. U can use all these intricate words to address a boring story but at the end of the day; Tedious is the theme that resonates in ur stories

Ps. Im a woman who is making her own money NOT cheapskate like u who still uses’s dial up connection vs Cable/dialup :D

STOIC   

Devil, if you even said "Wallahi" then I must have tortured you with some boring stories! The above piece will be my last piece of writing in SOL pages unless of course the occasion calls for once in a while when I am in the mood to preach. And please do not patronize me with the "dial up/cable" thing ;) . I am writing these words from outside my apartment while facing my back towards a swimming pool and a tennis court (hint no cords runing around).See you next time with your honest opinions.

PS Now You have even forced me to cancel a piece I was writting about my favorite television show "Greys Anatomy".Any Greys Anatomy fans in SOL?