Sign in to follow this  
Instinct.Poet

What is next from Somalians, Besides Shame??

this is a story a friend shared with me,

though i share it with my fellow nomads as well

i was kinda supriced at it..

just check it out.....

------------------------------------------------

Downtown bank robber convicted

Abdi Ahmed, who was homeless, had hoped to go to Somalia, buy a house and get married, his lawyer told a court.

By JENNIFER O'BRIEN, Free Press Reporter

A bank robber who held two employees hostage at knifepoint in January was planning to take the money and run to Somalia, where he hoped to buy a house and get married.

Abdi Ahmed, 22, pleaded guilty in Ontario Court yesterday to robbery and hostage-taking for the Jan. 24 incident at the Bank of Montreal at Dundas and Wellington streets.

The robbery made headlines when bank manager Chris Coburn, asked Ahmed to take him as a hostage over the female employee he first tabbed.

Ahmed walked into the bank shortly before noon, approached an employee, put a knife to her throat and began demanding $200,000 in exchange for her life.

As others approached to help, Ahmed warned, "Stay away, I will kill her, I will kill her. I don't care if I die," Assistant Crown attorney John Forrester told the court.

"He said, 'I'm not leaving until the bag is full,' " Forrester said.

It was at that point that Coburn asked Ahmed to release the woman and take him instead, which the robber did, putting the knife to the manager's chest.

Ahmed, who continued to demand money, received more than $5,000 until police arrived and asked him to put the knife down, the court was told.

When Justice Edward McGrath asked Ahmed if the story was true, the accused replied it was for the most part.

"But I told them I'm not going to hurt no one," the lanky goateed man insisted from the prisoner's box.

The entire 25-minute incident was planned in desperation the night before, said Carolyn Ayre, Ahmed's lawyer.

"He was homeless and needed the money," Ayre said. "He planned to move to back Somalia, buy a house and get married."

The court was told that Ahmed had lived in London for 2 1/2 years before the incident. He is to be sentenced May 23 after lawyers complete a pre-sentence report.

Salaamz

What Is next from Somalians, Besides Shame??

What does the story you've just told us about Abdi-Ahmed, Had to do with somalis? Ok he is somalish. But why do you need to critics somalis like that.

Somalians got one shame and that Is that they don’t practice their religion as they should, but one of the 100 somalis got paranoid and is up to no good.

:(

Oh Brotha I think you where meant to say what is next for Abdi-Ahmed, besides shame??

Wa-salaam

Miriam1   

I am sorry, i really do not understand how u could begin a topic such as this ... i dont understand why all somalis expect every other somali to be a virtuous decent person !?. This poor man and his actions by no means represent the somali community..if things worked like that in every society than every european and north american society would be shamed to DEATH.

You should rename ur topic to.."Homeless somali man arrested for bank robbery"

I personally feel sorry for him.

And its SOMALI not SOMALIAN

shyhem   

Poor boy,atleast he should have used a gun,a knife what the f***k is that supposed to mean,when cops are armed with M16 and all that sub machine guns.

Man that must be the worst armed robbery planned by anyone in the history but hey if it was I, I’ll take 3,000 and split from there its TOO HOT IN LONDON!!!