Sign in to follow this  
Queen Arawello

Election Hype

B   

is 11.7% a drop of UK population?

1 in 4 children born in England are ethnic!

1 in 7 people in london were born outside UK, forget being ethnic.

B   

^

I suppose your going to stand on the sidelines and critique from afar?

Originally posted by B:

quote:Originally posted by Dhagax-Tuur:

The working class Brits hate the Tories, cause they're the white rich men's party. I can't understand why some of us Qaxooties are flying the flag for this party. Or are you all going with the 'change' catch phrase.

So-called qaxooties are part of the UK too. Are you saying all ethnic minorities cant express a free and fair mind in voting for the Tories! isnt it about policies and not skin colour and background. When I hear people utter things like this it drives me up the wall to be honest! :mad:
my exact sentiment!

I am voting Tory because at least they will help change things and do something different. I like their social policies too. More police on the beat, more investment in hospitals! and they have pledged to ban khat! which speaks volumes about change!

NGONGE   

^^ Nope. I'll go discuss it with people who know what they're talking about instead and leave you to argue with Queen A.

Carry on.

If what the other parties are saying to be believed, Tories will cut the number of police officers on the beat, cut the NHS budget, and will probably not ban the Khat. So who would you believe? And why are you being naive when you've seen politicians going back on their pledges once they attained power. Nothing is going to change except faces, if that is. Nothing else. These people are liars, and are trained in the art of lying and will become refined pro liars once they take office. Very few have the people they represent at heart, and that is a very marginal number. So go on and vote and think it will make a difference.

Originally posted by B:

quote:Originally posted by Dhagax-Tuur:

The working class Brits hate the Tories, cause they're the white rich men's party. I can't understand why some of us Qaxooties are flying the flag for this party. Or are you all going with the 'change' catch phrase.

So-called qaxooties are part of the UK too. Are you saying all ethnic minorities cant express a free and fair mind in voting for the Tories! isnt it about policies and not skin colour and background. When I hear people utter things like this it drives me up the wall to be honest! :mad:
^ Sadly parties set policies to benefit a certain class of people and the Tories will mainly make sure their policies will be in favour of the toffs and their benefictries.

Yes the Tories are anti benefits and beleive that everyman should work to survive but the the playing field is not fair to start with and hence the class gap will increase under them while under Labour many an immagirant and Brits who were not born with a silver spoon in their mouth have made progress.

Originally posted by Dhagax-Tuur:

If what the other parties are saying to be believed, Tories will cut the number of police officers on the beat, cut the NHS budget, and will probably not ban the Khat. So who would you believe? And why are you being naive when you've seen politicians going back on their pledges once they attained power. Nothing is going to change except faces, if that is. Nothing else. These people are liars, and are trained in the art of lying and will become refined pro liars once they take office. Very few have the people they represent at heart, and that is a very marginal number. So go on and vote and think it will make a difference.

What is the point of voting when you dont even believe in democracy!

B   

23:18

Houghton & Sunderland South goes to Labour!

Labour 1

conservatives 0

lib dems 0

649 seats to go!

the swing in the Sunderland seats is most worrying. over 8% and at this rate it looks like the tories will have a working majority.

I'm off to bed thoroughly depressed. :(

oooh as i write result for Torbay in (lib dem strong seat)

Lib dems hold on and Labour with poor showing.

Good night folks i'm off to bed i just hope for at best a hung parliment which will give us a chance of a Lib/Lab coalition. Anything to keep David Cameron and George Osbourne out. God help us with George Osbourne as Chancellor. :eek: