Sign in to follow this  
Queen Arawello

Election Hype

So much election hype from many Somali people. Your situation will not change! you people will be unemployed, khat chewers and poor!

So vote for labour, the party that will support your habits and keep you dependent on benefits. I remember when we came to the UK, the Tories were in power and people worked and had some form of dignity. Now its a free for all and all respect has been lost. Worst of all Somali people don't even bother to vote!

B   

I actually heard the conservatives will ban Khat! If they are the party who stand for liberty, individuality and don't interfere into peoples life, why are they going to get involved in our lives. This is unacceptable. Soon-to-be ex shadow communities minister Sayeeda Warsi said she will ban this drug because its ''juices addle the brains of Yemenis, Somalis and Ethiopians who are living in this country''. can you believe that?

Talk about nanny state! The lib dems are the party of choice and change to be honest!

Originally posted by Dhagax-Tuur:

^you're a Tory activist then.

Not activist but its time for change don't you think. 13 years of labour have been enough. I was one of the so-called 'Blairs children' - being tested on all forms of policies. Its time for a change!

Herer   

labour party has always won the votes of South Asian and African/Caribbean immigrant communities.

labour party has stopped searching of Muslims, racial profiling of ethnic minority members, harsh and biased treatment of Muslims, race relations, foreign policy, attack on immigration and the economic chaos leading to job losses, affecting the ethnic minorities the most.

The other thing is that there is a record number of Muslims who are likely to be elected to the 650 seats strong House of Commons, the lower house of the Parliament of the United Kingdom and mostly from labor Party.

My vote goes for labour.

No one is going to ban the Khat. It is an important export commodity for Kenya to Europe. Keeps farmers and people at work back in Kenya. Kenya has a better relationship with Kenya then the few Qaxooties crying out here. It is not a threat to the British public and their well being. The Tories will not ban this once they come to power. Period.

B   

Originally posted by Queen Arawello:

quote:Originally posted by Dhagax-Tuur:

^you're a Tory activist then.

Not activist but its time for change don't you think. 13 years of labour have been enough. I was one of the so-called 'Blairs children' - being tested on all forms of policies. Its time for a change!
This is nonsense! under labour party you probably benefited more and now to turn your back on the labour after everything they have done for working class people and people of colour. Do you really think the Tories are gonna give you the time of day. Its all fake promises. Labour were good once but now the lib dems are the party of choice and change!

P.S - khat will not be banned because its part of free trade with African countries. If the Tories ban khat it will affect millions of jobs in African! its a none starter in my books!

No one is going to ban the Khat. It is an important export commodity for Kenya to Europe. Keeps farmers and people at work back in Kenya. Kenya has a better relationship with Kenya then the few Qaxooties crying out here. It is not a threat to the British public and their well being. The Tories will not ban this once they come to power. Period.

If its an issue of helping Kenyan farmers or UK citizens. I agree with the latter because there are an estimated 100,000 khat chewers in the UK alone. Think of the productivity lost there. If these people were to get up and find jobs then its going to improve the economy of the country. I am sure we could do without a few fair trade deals in support of the well-being of UK citizens!

The working class Brits hate the Tories, cause they're the white rich men's party. I can't understand why some of us Qaxooties are flying the flag for this party. Or are you all going with the 'change' catch phrase.

I am confused and struggling where to cross, for me they all the same.... same old sh1t. I hate labour as much as I hate torys and this muslim brother a labour candidate is counting on me.... so just wanna do to help him in but not out of my personal conviction...

B   

The working class Brits hate the Tories, cause they're the white rich men's party. I can't understand why some of us Qaxooties are flying the flag for this party. Or are you all going with the 'change' catch phrase.

So-called qaxooties are part of the UK too. Are you saying all ethnic minorities cant express a free and fair mind in voting for the Tories! isnt it about policies and not skin colour and background. When I hear people utter things like this it drives me up the wall to be honest! :mad:

^in the greater scheme of things, they don't mean much at all. theirs is a drop. they might have made a different had they had a common approach in politics and voting, but that is not the case, hence potentially useless.