Sign in to follow this  
Abu-Salman

Salaah: No Excuse to Miss it!

Allah The Exalted said

{ I created not the jinns and mankind except to worship me } (Soorah 51:56).

{Verily, the prayers keeps one from the great sins and evil deeds} (Al-Ankabuut:45)

{And those who guard their Salat (prayers) well, such shall dwell in the gardens (i.e., Paradise) honored} (V.70:34,35}

{ and perform As-Salat (i.e. Iqamat-as-Salat). Verily, As-Salat (the prayer) prevents from Al-Fahsha (great sins of every kind, unlawful sexual intercourse, etc.) and Al-Munkar (disbelief, polytheism, and every kind of evil wicked deed.)} (V.29:45)

{So woe unto those performers of Salat (prayers) (hypocrites). Those who delay their Salat (prayer) from their stated fixed time.}. (V.107:4,5)

{Successful indeed are the believers. Those who offer their Salat (prayers) with all solemnity and full submissiveness.} (V.23:1,2)

{Then, there has succeeded them a posterity who have given up As-Salat (prayers) (i.e. made their Salat (the prayers) to be lost, either by not offering them, or by not offering them perfectly or by not offering them in their proper fixed times,) and have followed lusts. So they will be thrown in Hell.}.(V.19:59)

Allaah also says, concerning the plight of the disbelievers on the Day of Judgement, that they will be asked by the Believers: { "What led you into the Hell-fire?" They will say: "We were not of those who prayed." } (Soorah 74:42-43).

The Prophet (pbuh) said:

“What do you think if one of you had a river running past his door and he bathed in it five times a day. Would any dirt remain on him?” They said, “No dirt would remain on him.” He said, “Likewise is the similitude of the five daily prayers, Allah obliterates thereby the sins.” (Agreed upon)

“ The covenant (which distinguished) between us and them is prayer, so whoever abandoned it became a kafir.”

“Between a man and kufr and shirk is the abandonment of prayer.” (Muslim)

"The first matter that the slave will be brought to acount for on the day of judgement is the prayer. If it is sound, then the rest of his deeds will be sound. And if it is bad, then the rest of his deeds will be bad"

The Prophet (pbuh) also said:

The one who disdains the prayers will receive Fifteen punishments from Allah. Six punishments in this lifetime, Three while dying, Three in the grave & Three on the Day of Judgment.

THE SIX PUNISHMENTS OF LIFE:

1. Allah takes away blessings from his age (makes his life misfortunate)

2.Allah does not accept his plea (Dua's)

3.Allah erases the features of good people from his face.

4.He will be detested by all creatures on earth.

5.Allah does not award him for his good deeds. (No thawab)

6.He will not be included in the Dua's of good people.

THE THREE PUNISHMENTS WHILE DYING:

1. He dies humiliated.

2. He dies hungry.

3. He dies thirsty. Even if he drinks the water of all seas he will still be thirsty.

THE THREE PUNISHMENTS IN THE GRAVE:

1. Allah tightens his grave until his chest ribs come over each other.

2. Allah pours on him fire with embers.

3. Allah sets on him a snake called "the brave", "the bold" which hits Himfrom morning until afternoon for leaving Fajr prayer, from the afternoon until Asr for leaving Dhuhr prayer and so on. With each strike he sinks 70 yards under the ground.

THREE PUNISHMENTS ON THE DAY OF JUDGMENT:

1. Allah sends who would accompany him to hell pulling him on the face.

2. Allah gives him an angry look that makes the flesh of his face fall down.

3. Allah judges him strictly and orders him to be thrown in hell.

THOSE WHO DO NOT SAY THEIR PRAYERS OF:

FAJAR: the glow of their face is taken away.

ZOHAR: the blessing of their income is taken away.

ASAR: the strength of their body is taken away.

MAGHRIB: they are not benefacted by their children.

ISHA: the peace of their sleep is taken away.

Sorry, I didn't take time to edit it after copying it, but disregard the above clip with nasheed (frivolous)

and these ahadiths, among those above, need to be verified as well as classified, if relevant:

The first matter that the slave will be brought to acount for on the day of judgement is the prayer. If it is sound, then the rest of his deeds will be sound. And if it is bad, then the rest of his deeds will be bad"

The Prophet (pbuh) also said:

The one who disdains the prayers will receive Fifteen punishments from Allah. Six punishments in this lifetime, Three while dying, Three in the grave & Three on the Day of Judgment.

THE SIX PUNISHMENTS OF LIFE:

1. Allah takes away blessings from his age (makes his life misfortunate)

2.Allah does not accept his plea (Dua's)

3.Allah erases the features of good people from his face.

4.He will be detested by all creatures on earth.

5.Allah does not award him for his good deeds. (No thawab)

6.He will not be included in the Dua's of good people.

THE THREE PUNISHMENTS WHILE DYING:

1. He dies humiliated.

2. He dies hungry.

3. He dies thirsty. Even if he drinks the water of all seas he will still be thirsty.

THE THREE PUNISHMENTS IN THE GRAVE:

1. Allah tightens his grave until his chest ribs come over each other.

2. Allah pours on him fire with embers.

3. Allah sets on him a snake called "the brave", "the bold" which hits Himfrom morning until afternoon for leaving Fajr prayer, from the afternoon until Asr for leaving Dhuhr prayer and so on. With each strike he sinks 70 yards under the ground.

THREE PUNISHMENTS ON THE DAY OF JUDGMENT:

1. Allah sends who would accompany him to hell pulling him on the face.

2. Allah gives him an angry look that makes the flesh of his face fall down.

3. Allah judges him strictly and orders him to be thrown in hell.

THOSE WHO DO NOT SAY THEIR PRAYERS OF:

FAJAR: the glow of their face is taken away.

ZOHAR: the blessing of their income is taken away.

ASAR: the strength of their body is taken away.

MAGHRIB: they are not benefacted by their children.

ISHA: the peace of their sleep is taken away.

Nevertheless, we should aim to perfect our Salats, given that their importance can not be overstated, with the help of most authentic works such as "Sifatu Salat" de Sh. Albaani (available as audio on nasiixa.com etc)...

Nephissa   

Jazakalaahu Kheyr, brother. I missed many salaah during my ignorant years. I pray now, Alxamdulilaah, but as soon as I commence my salaat I start talking in my mind. Sheeko baraleey baan gali. I'm so not there..

May Allah give us the hidaya to offer our salaat with khushooc.

Aaliyyah   

Neph inshallah make du'a before you start your prayer that Allah swt help you to concentrate....it happens a lot that ppl lose concentration. it seems the sheydaan just has his ways to make you think about other matters when you'r praying...

just increase your du'a. inshallah that should work.

Muslim01   

Originally posted by Al-Mu'minah:

Salama alaykum,

Salah is what seperates us from the unbelievers, kafiroon!

I've been informed that is false.

That hadeeth is authentic dear sis. The other one in Saheeh Muslim is : 'between a man and shirk and kufr there stands his neglect of the prayer.'

@ Brother Abu Salman - dear brother most of those 'punishments' are false, and come from weak ahadeeth, some are even fabricated. I'll reply insha'allah when I have the chance to. We had a discussion about it on another forum.