Sign in to follow this  
Nephissa

Why are women shipped from Somalia..

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Haneefah:

You see, a God-fearing sister might ask her husband a permission to go somewhere in attempt to being raaliyo, while I find that quite commendable and virtuous of her to keenly follow the prophetic tradition, another xaalimo who considers herself more 'independent and progressive-thinking' might find that backwardness and old-fashioned (or in the extreme end, even abuse :rolleyes: ). Why, I must ask then? Since we all have different ideals we strive to achieve, why can't we respect and accept our differences? (ok, I know I'm digressing a bit, but important q's to consider nonetheless)

Yes to all of ^^, but you forgot to mention the other kind of Raaliyad; the Istupidh one :D . Please add her to your next lecture.

As for Layzie's abused women, I don't understand how running to a bunch of Haliimooyin, unless they're a professional social workers, is going to help an abused woman? The reality is, 9/10 of these women don't want to hear the unsugar coated advice they need to hear. Pity party ayay rabaan and then feel better about themselves and go back for more [as for the case of my neighbor oo i tiri "Ma inuu i furaad doon-dooni"] Aaway qoftii dhamayd aan la taliyay :confused: it went over her head! So if you think about it, all of that Naago-shiris iyo iska dabo orod and calaacal is really pointless, it's them that have to take a stand and put a stop to whatever situation they're in. It's their life, no-one elses, and need to take control over it. I don't see the need private life kooda ay u soo hurgufaan, if they're not going to take care of the problem. Put-up or Get-out, labadaa wax u dhaxeeyaan ma jiraan.

-Lily-   

Layzie, maxa is la waale, wax ku abusegareenkaro maba leh, on the contrary, I think the Men United Against Abuse organisation should watch out for your future hubby…

Legend, I always found bac madow harsh, I mean a nice suitcase, a cab, and a pre-booked hotel would be a much kinder send off.

Nephthys, to each his own, she seems happy with her situation, she ought to stop b*tching and complaing though.

Paragon   

Cara & Haneefa, you bet. Time to jump on the lift and invest smile.gif .

Well said Haneefa, with a good attitude to match. Hope the blues have all gone and you are better now.

NGONGE   

When all is said and done there exists NO married woman in this world that is NOT a raaliyo! Are we splitting hairs here and trying to work out what levels are accepted and what not? :D

Paragon   

^^LOl. Yes, all this 'raaliyo this and raaliyo that' is a cover. When the woman in the woman reveals herself to one, all these talk becomes history. One tends to find sweeter raaliyo core in the outer anti-raaliyo Xaalimos. You just gotta to know your navigation skils smile.gif .

Paragon   

^^OK, you don't HAVE to mention the word 'submission' you know? It only tends to freak them out and put them in a defensivist position. We don't want that now, do we? smile.gif .

Abdinuur   

How about just being you! and being responsible for your own family!?

Why are people imitating the lives of 'others' consistently?

I look at it this way: I am me and dammn it I do shyt my way! I am not trying to be some Ali Faraax down the street...I know how to maintain mine...

If you know you what your responsibilities are, then you wouldnt point some fingers and put the blame on 'others' who got their shyt straightened!

As long as you're happy, thank God...and enjoy life! People love to challenge each other man....for what?! What would you get out of it?!