Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Married men earn more if wives do the chores-study

LOL @ 'many sisters' and 'some ladies'.

I simply loathe cowards. :D

Hibo: Whatever...so long as you don't label as feminist whomever doesn't concur with your every word. ;)

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

DO you think you correlate the results with the number of wives, say if 1 wife=3% maybe 2 = 6% ...

or maybe it could be an exponential tailing off nicely, so that there is a optimal number of wives!?

:D:D:D:D

Makes much more sense Mr.Caano.

I dont see the point of earning 3% more while you could potentially make atleast 70% more by making your wife work too.

Absolute rubbish this report.

NGONGE   

Heh. Glad to have got you at each other’s throats (though I expected it to be boys against girls, to be honest).

It really does not matter if wives work or stay home. Each couple will make their decisions according to their life styles, background, beliefs and personalities. The important thing here, which we all take for granted is that we have the privilege to ponder such decisions! We can shout and pout when anyone suggests that ‘we’ should behave ourselves and be dutiful housewives! We can even refuse!

Similarly, we can go out and work in any field. We can look down on house wives and advice them to stop depending on someone else for their income!

In both cases, people around us might disagree with us but they will not think us mad for having these views and ideas. This is a benefit that we all should be grateful for having. Things could have been so much different, our wives might have needed to prostitute themselves (god forbid) to feed us. Our husbands might have needed to sell themselves into slavery in order for us to survive. We could have lived in a society that actively and forcibly blocks women from working (regardless of the reasons for working)! It could have been a society where women that air their opinions in support of working women are ostracised and humiliated.

Fortunately, we don’t live in such societies and are free to make informed choices about the way we live our lives. Some women choose to be housewives! It’s their prerogative really.

My mother was a hard-working mother, who raised great children, while she juggled career and family. If my mother can do it, I am sure I can, if my mother can do it, I am sure all women can.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...and where was dad?

Working his best to make somalia "better" , at that time.(in other words, he had an important job to fulfill)

lol   

^^^^ I don't think there is any job out there that is more important than bringing your child up.

FF: I didn't say don't agree with me, all i am saying is, i am entitled to my own opinion as well so don't attack me... simple suga gurl!

Life is all about priorities. What matters to one most? A career or your family and being a mom - the most wonderful thing that a women can be, according to most of lady mothers. And if you work, there is a high possibility that it will have a negative effect on your children's upbringing. So, why bother, if one can have a supportive husband?

YOU decide......

We are all humans with free will. One is the captain of his ship, the master of his/her destiny.

there isnt anything shameful in staying home and taking care of yr loved ones (in fact if caring for yr family was considered paid work some women wld be earning more than their respective husbands considering how they are family nurse, psychologist, care taker, cook, cleaner, secretary etc.) how much a person earns or contributes financially in a home shouldnt be how you value them and with that said there is nothing wrong with a woman earning her own money if her children arent being neglected, and like someone else said, especially when its a job that benefits our ummah.

ps, i think some people are grossly underestimating the power the "housewife" wields.