Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Married men earn more if wives do the chores-study

This is a joke right??

It has to be a joke, because no one on their right mind would stay home waiting for a hand-out from dear hubby

OI!, someone check this out!

Anyone?,someone? preferbly a FEMALE?.... icon_razz.gif

lol   

Layzie: All i was gonna say has been said by Hibaad But let me add one thing, my mom is a doctor she has been working even before she married my dad, but when I talk to her, she regrets it, saying she has taken alot of the responsibility off my dad's back. Which is soooo true. She solves all the problems of the house landing her even the nickname " Kiyaabo Ingiriis" The English screw driver and she doesn't get to rest. Now where is the role of the father....so all she tells me is, if u can help it stack ur degree somewhere For future use, if need rises , and do your God assigned role, " be a mom".

FF I see everything u write in SOL is about impressing someone, that ain't the case with me honey. I say wat I feel. Simple & Clear. And about attacking folks, well experience dictates it that way, won't u say? :D

underdog   

It has to be a joke, because no one on their right mind would stay home waiting for a hand-out from dear hubby.

with that attitude, Hubby's coming home late...and drunk.

Your husband, is just your husband. Your husband isn't your parent, he is your husband,

...and regretting ever living minute of it.

I don't respect housewives, I will never ever respect housewives,

diddo...I think they feel the same about you.

My mother was a hard-working mother, who raised great children, while she juggled career and family. If my mother can do it, I am sure I can, if my mother can do it, I am sure all women can.

...and where was dad?

Imagine, giving away that freedom, and waiting to depend on your husband so come payday, he will share another portion of his earning with another lazy human being waiting for a handout

...yeah, thats almost as bad as sharing a bed with him or...(god forbid) ...bearing his children.

Where's Pyshco Sue? I wanna know which poor guy she she would match up with this prize.

Originally posted by Hibo:

It is tru if the wife stayed at home, and the husband worked believe me he earns more. Not in the sense that there will be more zeros added to his salary, but the barak of the whole thing. I have a friend of mine. He got married when he didn't want to, saying that he wasn't established well enough to provide for his family. He earned just $2500 per month. That wasn't enough. Guess wat?? When he married his wife, he says he has been saving more than he had as a bachelor.

Plus, if my husband tell me, Hibo I will feed u, cloth you, and baby treat you well if u just stay at home... I would man. 2 hrs of labor for an 8 hrs pay. Hell i will take it. [/QB]

Well done Hibo. I'm sure you've brightened many a faaraxs day. ;)

Xafsa   

Why in the name of god would anyone choose a job over raising their children? That's a career itself. Sure get a degree, but when the children start coming put it away for a minute and focus on them and your husband.

You know I was watching 60 min a few years back and they had this story about all these educated women giving it all up to raise their children. They had doctors, lawyers, professors.etc..

During judgement day you will be asked about how you raised your kids...about their morals and their tarbiyah.

Pujah   

I would love to stay home and play housewive if my husband was loaded and can buy me a mantion and summer house. shoot i would hire a maid to do the cleaning and cookings and i would spend my time between shopping and napping and looking idle and pretty. Soon enough he will be begging me to go back to work

Miriam1   

Interesting...3% isnt much though...anyway...

Lazyie Girl i get your drift...making your money is a very important thing to some people..its makes all sense to work full time when your still without kids and married, what would be doing sitting home?

But when children come into the picture..working full time is ill advised..this is coming from someone who had her mom working full time all her life. Maids, Family-sitters and microwaved lunch's dont cut it! It creates far far too much stress on the family..yet there are those of us, yes we do exist who cant sit still..sitting at home while our children are away in school and hubby is away at work is almost like a Death sentence...it's simply ones personality..some girls dont mind..spending 4hrs in the kitchen creating an elaborate lunch..or dinner...others just need to work/challenge!

Working Part-time...Volunteering(Seriously), open your own bizness(flea market stall, co-own franchise)...so many choices, but 8hrs full time work and coming home tired...to your kids..isnt good.

Blessed   

Academics Elena Bardasi and Mark Taylor found that a married man whose wife does not go out to work but is primarily responsible for the cooking and cleaning earns about 3 percent more than comparably employed single men.

Has this anything to do with the tax rebate for working families?

3% wouldn’t even cover the increased Council Tax should you decide to move up in the world would it? I don’t know, for some odd reason being a stay-at-home mother is more of a fashion statement in the suburban households.

But what does this mean for Somalis?

In my opinion Somali men are the laziest of Gods creators; they actually liken themselves to Lions :D

So when they actually do go out to slave away and bring in the money - for heavens sake. DO NOT STOP them.. or help them. (okay maybe only a little)

Anyway, I digress. Bottom line; It's a matter of choice and circumstance. smile.gif

Layzie girl,

You’re a charming little dictator aren't you? If being an independent woman is your thing. Good for you! But there's is no need for you adopt a condescending stance over it.

Rahima   

Undoubtedly this report is biased, but for the topic I suppose it all depends on the reasons for the woman working. If you are working just to make money (and it is not needed), then I suppose it isn’t the best of reasons to not be home, but if one is working to make a difference in a field needed by the Ummah then it is in my opinion a credible reason. For example, there is no point for a Muslimah who is a doctor to spend the next 20 years staying home when the Ummah requires her services so badly-this in my opinion would equate to disservice.

Working and having a functional family do not have to clash, both are possible and can be done well (my mother for example has). One just needs to be very time conscious and use it wisely. You need to swap this life for the life of arooso, buying dahab/daah/duruuc, watching soapies and chatting on the phone.

I plan to work inshallah (perhaps not full-time the whole time) and raise upstanding children (high goals acknowledged, but if we don't aim high we'll be stuck in the slums). This can be done if one has a supportive husband and family network. I personally don't believe many Somali men have being blessed with this supportive character icon_razz.gif

Jacpher   

I personally don't believe many Somali men have being blessed with this supportive character

Subxaanalaah! Can you exclude me from those. Why marry if you can't be the best possible husband/father.

Miriam1   

^ Because all thier friends are...4 of my cousin's close friends got married one year after he did...pressure all around tends to get to some guys..and its more about moving to the next level of thier lives..if they are prepared or not

-Lily-   

I doubt this report's relevance and validity.

However, I must agree with the girls who are smart enough to say a balance is needed. There is nothing wrong with raising kids and staying home. I personally would not mind, and just because you take a couple of years out of your career life doesn't mean you are a slave or have no rights.

Where I work, there is a huge shopping centre on basement level, during lunch hour you see all the men sitting in cafes, what are the women doing? Running around buying groceries, dry cleaning, picking up prescriptions etc. A woman who sits on the desk opposite me was telling me about how she stays up sometimes at 1 or 2am doing her ironing.(She has 3 boys)

Ya Allah, ya cadaabe?

Why would anyone have children only for others to raise them? You will end up with the current system where kids hardly know their parents there is a lot of resentment and they come round twice a year for EID. Resentful empty shells.

Anyway, WHO MADE MAN THE STANDARD? Why cant you be a housewife and be respected?

DO you think you correlate the results with the number of wives, say if 1 wife=3% maybe 2 = 6% ...

or maybe it could be an exponential tailing off nicely, so that there is a optimal number of wives!?

Saalixa   

I don't see how by posting your opinion on this topic many sisters are thought to be impressing men????Ok that is some femmenist view point itself.

Why can they not argue thier perspective of this issue without such discrimmination /baised thought?

Some ladies are born with arrogance all over. :rolleyes: