Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Married men earn more if wives do the chores-study

NGONGE   

LONDON (Reuters) - Married men earn more than bachelors so long as their wives stay at home doing the housework, according to a report on Wednesday from Britain's Institute for Social and Economic Research (ISER).

Academics Elena Bardasi and Mark Taylor found that a married man whose wife does not go out to work but is primarily responsible for the cooking and cleaning earns about 3 percent more than comparably employed single men.

But that wage premium disappears if wives go out to work themselves or don't do most of the housework.

"It has been fairly well documented that married men earn more than single men," Taylor, a labour economist, told Reuters.

"However, our research established the wage premium is related to the wife doing the chores," said the academic who teaches at the University of Essex.

He said analysis suggests there could be two explanations for the results:

A marriage might allow a husband and wife to focus their activities on tasks to which they are most suited. Traditionally, this would result in the man concentrating on paid work enabling him to increase productivity and in consequence his wages.

Taylor said another explanation could be that marriage may increase the amount of time a man has to hone work-related skills which could trigger higher wages.

Taylor and Bardasi analysed the hourly wages of 3,500 men who have been interviewed annually since 1991 as part of the British Household Panel Survey.

"We looked at all types of jobs from unskilled up to managers and professionals," Taylor said.

Source

:D:D

a married man whose wife does not go out to work but is primarily responsible for the cooking and cleaning earns about 3 percent more than comparably employed single men.

3%? Stay home so hubby can make 3% more? Especially when I can make 100% more than that? :D:D

This article is a disgrace.

STOIC   

The above research is theoratically plausible and that it is not mutually exclusive across the board.It is logical that when one partner stay at home the breadwinner will become more productive to increase the income .Social scientist tend to favour married men on economic scale.Their case rest on the premise that high earning men tend to be attractive to women(are women greedy?).There is a variety of reasons social scientist give to support their hypothesis why married men earn more than singles.One of the reasons being married men like Ngonge will not expend time and resources in search of potential mate,he will instead reap economic benefit from his living arrangement with she who must be "obeyed" :D .

lol   

I think gaalos are finally finding out what Islam did 1400 yrs ago. It is tru if the wife stayed at home, and the husband worked believe me he earns more. Not in the sense that there will be more zeros added to his salary, but the barak of the whole thing. I have a friend of mine. He got married when he didn't want to, saying that he wasn't established well enough to provide for his family. He earned just $2500 per month. That wasn't enough. Guess wat?? When he married his wife, he says he has been saving more than he had as a bachelor.

Plus, if my husband tell me, Hibo I will feed u, cloth you, and baby treat you well if u just stay at home... I would man. 2 hrs of labor for an 8 hrs pay. Hell i will take it.

And all the feminist wannabes,, save ur breathes.. we all know the truth. Maybe when u have children a little hardwork kicks in, but as new wives... u barely do anything.

Saalixa   

Ok Me up for this. As long as i relax, Make my caleen and huruud all day and of course not too much house work. Most of the time it ain't much but we decieve the brothers by telling em when they arrive Alla allah cidiyihi baa ii googo ay runti sidaan weel uu dhaqayey iyo basal uu jarjarayey lakiin ruinti it ain't much especially when you come form a big household at ur mothers :D . The women back home have even no housework and have maids so either way iam up for this.

^^^Hibo, you are kidding right?

And all the feminist wannabes,, save ur breathes.. we all know the truth. Maybe when u have children a little hardwork kicks in, but as new wives... u barely do anything.

This is a joke right??

It has to be a joke, because no one on their right mind would stay home waiting for a hand-out from dear hubby.

Your husband, is just your husband.

Your husband isn't your parent, he is your husband, he shouldn't have to be the only one out there working day/night and earn a living for two two of you and the future children.

Allah gave you the will to do anything and everything, therefore fetch for yourself.

I don't respect housewives, I will never ever respect housewives, because thats just a fancy way of gold digging. House-wives just want a pat on the back and say, good job, she is taking care of the hubby, well hubby can get a maid while she goes out and earns her share of the income to support their family, not "his family" and the maid that will do your supposed work.(maids need to earn a living too)

Layzie is really the definition of lazy, I don't even like to pick up after myself. I'm sure I would make a great housewife, but I refuse.

I have never depended on anyone outside of my parents, I don't plan to, even though I know I am lazy and would make a wonderful housewife.

My mother was a hard-working mother, who raised great children, while she juggled career and family. If my mother can do it, I am sure I can, if my mother can do it, I am sure all women can.

I also realize that for as long as we live in this world, housewives would exist, and thats ok, but it pains me to see intelligent women scattered all over the world who still carry this old mentality of "being the woman of the house" while hubby dictates how much of his earn dollar you will get?

How would you be able to feel, knowing that another being is counting the percentage of his income you should get? (counting the pennies away)

HOUSEWIVES, I ADVISE YOU TO GET YOUR BEHINDS OUT OF THE CHAIR, GET A JOB, ANY JOB, EARN THE INCOME WITH YOUR HUSBAND, SHARE IT AMONG YOURSELVES.

For those of you that have a day job, and get paid regulary, how does it feel when your cheque is deposited into your bank at the end of the week/month?

Doesn't it feel good to look at the balance in your account, knowing that you have earned these few hundreds/thousands of dollars weekly/monthly?

Doesn't it feel good knowing that you can spend that money you earned as you please?

I feel good when my cheque is deposited, knowing that I earned it on my own, without anyone's help, I do. Imagine, giving away that freedom, and waiting to depend on your husband so come payday, he will share another portion of his earning with another lazy human being waiting for a handout, how would you like that picture pro-housewives? (I rest my case against pro-housewives/housewives)

Thats not rocket science. So the galoos said this. Now what the heck is the somali man's excuse for his pitiful paycheck?

LOL. Cute Hibo. Shoot down those who disagree with you by insulting before they even open their mouths. Who are you trying to impress?

ngonge! thumbs up homie!! u hit pulls eye!!

hibo, gal your stock is shooting up high!!lool.

i am watching......... smile.gif

layzie, shortie athena and the gang!!!.... rule # 1...... find a damn husband then yap!! otherwise

hooooooooooosh!! ok :eek:

Hibaad   

Originally posted by LayZieGirl:

^^^Hibo, you are kidding right?

quote:

This is a joke right??

It has to be a joke, because no one on their right mind would stay home waiting for a hand-out from dear hubby.

Your husband, is just your husband.

Your husband isn't your parent, he is your husband, he shouldn't have to be the only one out there working day/night and earn a living for two two of you and the future children.

Allah gave you the will to do anything and everything, therefore fetch for yourself.

I don't respect housewives, I will never ever respect housewives, because thats just a fancy way of gold digging. House-wives just want a pat on the back and say, good job, she is taking care of the hubby, well hubby can get a maid while she goes out and earns her share of the income to support their family, not "his family" and the maid that will do your supposed work.(maids need to earn a living too)

Layzie is really the definition of lazy, I don't even like to pick up after myself. I'm sure I would make a great housewife, but I refuse.

I have never depended on anyone outside of my parents, I don't plan to, even though I know I am lazy and would make a wonderful housewife.

My mother was a hard-working mother, who raised great children, while she juggled career and family. If my mother can do it, I am sure I can, if my mother can do it, I am sure all women can.

I also realize that for as long as we live in this world, housewives would exist, and thats ok, but it pains me to see intelligent women scattered all over the world who still carry this old mentality of "being the woman of the house" while hubby dictates how much of his earn dollar you will get?

How would you be able to feel, knowing that another being is counting the percentage of his income you should get? (counting the pennies away)

HOUSEWIVES, I ADVISE YOU TO GET YOUR BEHINDS OUT OF THE CHAIR, GET A JOB, ANY JOB, EARN THE INCOME WITH YOUR HUSBAND, SHARE IT AMONG YOURSELVES.

For those of you that have a day job, and get paid regulary, how does it feel when your cheque is deposited into your bank at the end of the week/month?

Doesn't it feel good to look at the balance in your account, knowing that you have earned these few hundreds/thousands of dollars weekly/monthly?

Doesn't it feel good knowing that you can spend that money you earned as you please?

I feel good when my cheque is deposited, knowing that I earned it on my own, without anyone's help, I do. Imagine, giving away that freedom, and waiting to depend on your husband so come payday, he will share another portion of his earning with another lazy human being waiting for a handout, how would you like that picture pro-housewives? (I rest my case against pro-housewives/housewives)

Cut the rubbish walaalo. You have two people in the relationship to fulfill two different roles. One brings in the money and the other takes care of the children. Whats is the point of bringing children into this world if all you care about is having money in your account. Spending the money your husband earned is a God given right. He works not for him but for the family. Now stop be being childish and let the man fulfill their roles.

Bess.   

What I don't understand is why does it have to be all one way or the other....I mean a dual income household is much better than a single income house hold, in this day and age where the mortgage takes 30% percent of the income and car payments, school fees, you need all the help you can get if ....but that doesn't mean that the wife is going to have to neglect her duties as a mother to her children and a wife to her husband. and a husband who is working 24/7...what kind of husband and father would he be if he is working all the time, that he has no time for his family, why is he working so hard if he hardly ever sees his wife and children....I don't think that either way works…a wife working all the time or not working at all....I believe marriage is all about compromise, balance and equality..... :D:D

Ps...I don't have a problem being a housewife… if my husband is loaded and he does not need the extra income.....he is rich and has time for his family...why work...it would be my pleasure to raise my children, earn a couple of PhD’s in my spare time....decorate my home....write a couple of books....knit some sweater....the possibilities are endless... ;)