Sign in to follow this  
Prometheus

UAE Supreme Court: Wife-beating Not A Crime.

Taleexi   

I'm not and, I'm a staunch supporter of separation if couple can not live in peace where mutual respect is the norm. But, I want to challenge the premises of the argument the term "beating" can be associated with different connotations, and your natural instincts are tempting to overwrite some religious text interpretations, and that is the danger I see.

I think C&H deserves a beating for saying that other women deserve a beating - but the question is whose willing to beat her up, Taleexi, Ngonge - anyone?? come on i dare any man! :D:D

Ngonge - do you remember this:

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Reminds me of the silly joke about the three women from Hargeisa, Borama and Burco.

One day the three women met and agreed that they shall go on strike and stop cooking, washing or cleaning their houses. Let the husbends do it, they said.

After a week, they met again and started comparing notes.

The Hargeisa woman said: I went home that day and told him about my new plan. He didn't say anything. The first day went by and I didn't see any change. The second day went by and I didnt' see any change. But on the third day, he put his apron on and started washing and cleaning.

The Borama woman said: I went home that day and told him about my new plan. He didn't say anything. The first day went by and I didn't see any change. The second day went by and I didn't see any change. But on the third day, he got dressed and went out to do the shopping for the house then cooked me a great meal.

The Burco woman said: I went home that day and told him about my new plan. He didn't say anything. The first day went by and I couldn't see anything. The second day went by and I couldn't see anything. The third day went by and I couldn't see anything. But, on the fourth day, I was able to see a little with my left eye.
:D

Taleexi   

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

Not my natural instinct but other religious interpretations coupled with logic and understanding of the human behavioral patterns.

I personally appreciate people who think outside of the box and make me uncomfortable such as you but remember your monolithic view of life, or at least on this matter, is like my way or the high way.

Waryaa Seyidka: Anigu CH kuma dhacayo malaase garaacid yar way ku fiicnaan lahayd smile.gif

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Sayid*Somal:

Ngonge - do you remember this:

quote:

Reminds me of the silly joke about the three women from Hargeisa, Borama and Burco.

One day the three women met and agreed that they shall go on strike and stop cooking, washing or cleaning their houses. Let the husbends do it, they said.

After a week, they met again and started comparing notes.

The Hargeisa woman said: I went home that day and told him about my new plan. He didn't say anything. The first day went by and I didn't see any change. The second day went by and I didnt' see any change. But on the third day, he put his apron on and started washing and cleaning.

The Borama woman said: I went home that day and told him about my new plan. He didn't say anything. The first day went by and I didn't see any change. The second day went by and I didn't see any change. But on the third day, he got dressed and went out to do the shopping for the house then cooked me a great meal.

The Burco woman said: I went home that day and told him about my new plan. He didn't say anything. The first day went by and I couldn't see anything. The second day went by and I couldn't see anything. The third day went by and I couldn't see anything. But, on the fourth day, I was able to see a little with my left eye.
:D

War naga daa ha na kashifin. The logic crew will use it as evidence. :D

Somalina   

Taleexi: haddii aad joogi wayso, waa lagu joojin ee maad joogsatid intey goori goor tahay. :mad:

Dumarka halkan jooga dhan wey isku raacsan yihiin arrintan, and that is what matters, not waxay niman edeb daran dhahaan.

Gabadha walaasheen haddii aadan sincere apology siinin waad arki doontaa meeshaad ku danbeyso. smile.gif

Somalina   

lol@Sayid, adiga kuma jirtid ee maxaad igu maagtey. :D

Burcaawi anigaa indhaha dharbaaxo ugu furey mar hore, and he is grateful to this day. smile.gif

Ismalura   

[QB] ^^ Psst, nothing got bent there. This is how language works. :D

(Your logic still stinks. When you calm down, read your words again and try to see your mistakes). :D

My logic stinks? This from a man who said "I am sexist, I don't like women logic, doesn't Not mean that I am a sexist" Seriously how does that work in your world?

Everything your said so far takes away from your argument of superior male logic. I think God for men like you to prove that generalizations like 'men have superior logic' are not true. I can just say look Ngonge... :D

You will not admit it but you know that I have put you in your right place. 0 for you, 1 for a GIRL with better brains.

Talexi,

Well..there are issues that afford one to stands in the gray areas in life. Then, there are other issues that are black and while. No GREY AREA. So for me, physical violence against women is black and white issue. You're either for it or you are against it. Those who take the I-won't-beat-my-wife-but-if-other husbands-do-it is their-right stand are closet admirers. They might even someday decide to try it.

It is not me or the highway. It is logic vs. illogic.

As for my edbin, the only person who is allowed to decipline me at this point is Moi.

Zayid,

Waa adiga dadka kale ku qalqaalineysid in la i beat gareeye, why aren't you on the list? Miyaad cabsatay? Iska daa reer Burco intey goori goor tahay.

Somalina   

^^^War odeygaan sexistiga ah fiiriya bal? I was describing a real dharbaaxo, mid kuwa adiga camal ay aad ugu baahan yihiin weliba.

Good lord ten pages and no agreement on this matter?

To make things easier, What's the mean "beating"?

And please don't make case of

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

Advertisement