Sign in to follow this  
Prometheus

UAE Supreme Court: Wife-beating Not A Crime.

Ismalura   

Yes you made the distinction clear.

But Your argument was on 1) There is no such women in distinction two and b) there is no reason why they should be distinction b because 'common sense' is against it and if there is they deserve the beating.

I was saying a) There are women in b I have known them personally and I have always felt bad for them.

b) they are there because they don't know better; they have had no opportunity to know otherwise i.e all the people they know tell them so... Pliz try and read Somali maahmaahyo and stories and see how misogynist they are if you don't believe me.

c) Finally see my point about personality and intelligence. Their 'God given brains' may not be the same as yours. There is no guarantee that even if they knew they would understand.So are you saying that their ignorance makes them deserving of the punishment.

By the way you are right that the same women support the abuse of other women ! Irony is if they saw me or knew what i think they would brand me 'naag halowday'.

I understand where you are coming from. What I'm against is the whole "they-don't-know-better" argument. That very thought victimizes people more. Of course they know better! Ask any woman you know in group B if she thinks the way society treats women is fair. Ask anyone of them if beating hurts or helps marriages. They'll of course say NO! They will also continue advising battered women to go back to their homes; they'll teach and treat their little girls as domestic servants; they'll continue to make excuses for their husband's unfair actions; and they'll uphold million and one other ugly and unfair practices in the community.

Abaayo all throughout history, there were women who weren't satisfied with the status quo. There were women whose realization that certain practices in their culture puts them in a disadvantage position brought about real change. What's holding kuwaan xayawaanka iska dhigay xataa ayagoo qurbahan joogo oo awoodo inay shaqaystaan, wax bartaan, ciriirigana ka baxaan? Soo kuwaan is dhaadhamayo ma aha? Marka, I don't feel sorry for them.

The women in group B want and fight for the status they have which is the same very reason why they would brand you and I or any other women who disagree with them.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Ismalura:

On the other hand you said you are a sexist and 'don't like women's logic' so why are you against wife beating? for naxariis? If a man doesn't beat up his wife but sill believes she is of a less worth is he better than the wife beaters?

Seriously is there any evidence here that our logic is weaker than yours... ninba qumanahiisaa qoorta ugu jiraan maqli jiray.

Yes there is plenty of evidence. :D

Forget the rest of the thread, just read the first couple of sentences in your question. :D

Ismalura   

Read them and wrote them again.

Why are you against women beating? for naxariis? If a man doesn't beat up his wife but sill believes she is of a less worth is he better than the wife beaters?

Damiin far waaweeyn hadaan wax ugu qoro what I am asking is if you are not against wife beating because you believe that women are equal beings with same rights as you are you against it because you feel sorry for the lesser beings?

You sound very smart your self so kudos mr logic ! Nimanka qaar ood adi ku jirto naagtuu ilaahey wax ugu daraa dhibata qabto.

NGONGE   

^^ :D dee maxaad la cadhoonaysa? :D

I am sexist because I don't like women's logic (note that it is only women not cats, children or men). There is no mention of rights or worth. But, since you are a woman (I think), you are giving your own meaning to the words and equating my sexism to wife beating. Dee naga daa....

Ismalura   

You admit your a sexist that goes beyond the statement that you don't like their logic.

PS: wax fahan

Noun 1. sexist - a man with a chauvinistic belief in the inferiority of women

male chauvinist

antifeminist - someone who does not believe in the social or economic or political equality of men and women

Adj. 1. sexist - discriminatory on the basis of sex (usually said of men's attitude toward women)

NGONGE   

^^ It does not when I tell you exactly why I'm sexist. :D

"I am starving, I can eat a whole cow"

"I am so angry, I could murder someone"

"I'm sexist, I don't like women's logic".

Wax fahan.

Malika   

So what have the women in UAE done so far to protest against this ruling? - Nothing??

The ruling is contradictory and is challengable for a mere fact that Islam preaches equality between the two sexes - the right of women being the forefront of its teachings. So where did the intepretation go wrong,to allow a man to 'beat' his wife if in disagrement in order to 'save' a marriage? - it makes no sense.

If Islam empowers women by having the rights to own property,to inherit etc, how can the same Islam permits the beating of a woman? - this is where those whom are in the know how need to challege the 'interpretation' of the ayah in question,so not to send contradictory messages.

Ngonge - you want us to accept your prejudice against women. Unfortunately it puts you [your logic] in the same category as those whom see women as lesser being - icon_razz.gif [You is a bully]

Ismalura   

Apparently bending the rules of language to take back your words.

starving is a situation...you could be starving this minute and not be starving the next one same thing for angry. Also note the use of could and can which show that is conditional.

Being a sexist is an ideology; starving and being angry are not.To see your fallacy try and say 'I am so sexist today, I could hate women's logic'. Make any sense?

Unsaying what you said says it all, pretty much.

NGONGE   

^^ Psst, nothing got bent there. This is how language works. :D

(Your logic still stinks. When you calm down, read your words again and try to see your mistakes). :D

P.S.

Malika, I don't want you to 'accept' anything (neither my logic nor that of those condoning the beating of women). I only want you to up your game and fight the power. :D (and yes, when I see nonsense I turn into a nasty bully, can't help it).

just to add my little bit.

you do realize this ruling was in favour of the women involved in this case and againts the man ?

if you read the article a two things will become clear

1. The man was ruled againts becaue he hit his wife in the mouth and left bruises

2. It was also ruled he could not touch his daughter at all.

this ruling protects women from ignorant husbands who go too far .. yet every xalimo who has posted in this thread so far has not noticed this aspect

Taleexi   

Geel_jire: Ciddii ku maqlaysa baa wax loo sheegaa, CH, Ismalura iyo gabdhaha kaleba markay soo degaan baynu arrinta u saafaynaa. Haddii degdegsiinyo door dhalaan kaadshiinyona kiish lacag ah ayuu dhalaa Ma hadday noo keeneen dad guri iskula nool marna si accident ah isuguma dhacayaan smile.gif

just to add my little bit.

you do realize this ruling was in favour of the women involved in this case and againts the man ?

if you read the article a two things will become clear

1. The man was ruled againts becaue he hit his wife in the mouth and left bruises

2. It was also ruled he could not touch his daughter at all.

this ruling protects women from ignorant husbands who go too far .. yet every xalimo who has posted in this thread so far has not noticed this aspect

Excuse me? We all noticed the absurdity of the ruling for the women. How did they rule in "favor" of the women? :confused: Can the man still hit his wife anywhere else? Can he hit her without leaving visible bruises? The ruling says yes. So how is it in the women's favor?

Also, why let him beat his wife but not his daughter? Is it because only HER husband is allowed? The whole thing is f-ed up! :mad: :mad:

When you say women are being protected of "ignorant husbands who go too far", then you are for beating as long as the husband "doesnt go too far"?

What's too far? Is bunching her in the stomach too far? What about kicking her a couple of times?Is chocking her too far as long as it doesnt leave marks? Can he beat her with a stick? I mean if she is dressed it won't leave a mark right? Can he pit her against the wall sometimes?

Taleexi   

Is bunching her in the stomach too far? by CH... I call that caressing smile.gif

What about kicking her a couple of times? by CH: This is also called kick-boxing and is used when couple wants to skip the gym.