Sign in to follow this  
Prometheus

UAE Supreme Court: Wife-beating Not A Crime.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Good news.

بذا قضت الأيام ما بين أهلها

:D مصائب قوم عند قوم فوائد

Norf, awoowe, dhul shisheeyaan iminka joogaaye, ee bal haddaad jimcaha aaddo kor xaadis inoogu samee khutbada.

Taleexi   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

In fairness, could a wife discipline her husband?

There is a school of thought regarding when Islam came to humanity, by default Islam consolidated all local customs into Shari'a Law....UNLESS otherwise stated or prohibited. Through these lenses, if the husband is out of character of which many of us are any way, if the wife steps in, takes responsibility and aligns the husband for the sake of preserving the union and the common good, how can there be a problem?. Nevertheless, I will leave that to the religious pundits to ponder.

And, another question comes to mind. Does Axkaamtu change with time and space (seban and makaan)? not the Caqida?

Ismalura   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

This made me LOL ! I swear I once asked some one the exact some question after he argued that the beating is good for reserving the marriage. Let us just say he could only speak in tongues and quickly changed the topic never to start it again.

If it is about the betterment of the marriage they should take turns beating each other up when one of them steps out of line.

Ismalura   

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

No sane person can ever accept such barbaric ruling. A wife is not your child. She is a grown, intelligent, mature woman who is responsible for raising children. So why the F would someone "decipline" another grown person? A man touches me and he will never use that hand again. Uff!

C&H millions of sane women are brainwashed into believing and taking this *********. Since many of this women have no religious or secular education men quote the Scriptures to make it sound like it is actually an obligation to do things like this. Unfortunately domestic violence happens to women every where every day. And to illustrate that it is not just about the difference in physical strength the man sleeps in the same room after beating up his wife and eating the food she cooked. They could do something if they wanted to, right? How do warm blooded human beings become so subservient? Go figure adiga !

Ismahaan   

how to beat your wife?-Sheikh khalid Yasin

There is no wife beating in Islam -converted Islam

"And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those who reflect." ( suuratul Ar-Rum: 21)

"How does anyone of you beat his wife as he beats the stallion camel and then embrace (sleep with) her?” (Al-Bukhari, English Translation, vol. 8, Hadith 68, pp. 42-43)

Allah orders us clearly to follow and obey the prophet (SCW) who never resorted to that measure, regardless of the circumstances.

Salams

Ismalura   

Originally posted by Taleexi:

Someone got her nerve touch.. Ismalura, why are you mad?

Taleexi don't mind me I have been angry about these stuff for a long time ee. I am tired of seeing women just sitting there taking all sorts of nonsense including the beatings !

Maaddeey   

Originally posted by Ismalura:

quote:Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

This made me LOL ! I swear I once asked some one the exact some question after he argued that the beating is good for reserving the marriage. Let us just say he could only speak in tongues and quickly changed the topic never to start it again.

If it is about the betterment of the marriage they should take turns beating each other up when one of them steps out of line.
Can children discipline their parents?