Sign in to follow this  
Rahima

PICS-Mogadishu 2005

Gabbal   

Originally posted by OLOL:

I hope that we all go back to Somalia with degrees, knowledge, skills and above all with a vision different than those of our elders. that is our calling people and we should step to the challange and we must stop supporting the ruthless warlords and the opportunistic clansmen.

Let me welcome you so very dearly bro. smile.gif

Oh Beautiful Soomaaliya

Mogadishu pride of Africa

Joy of the Somalis

Capital of Soomaaliya

May you forever prosper

Along with your inhabitants

Oh my beautiful Soomaaliya

Land of the Somalis

May you forever prosper

Along with your inhabitants

Heartless are those that want you to be divided

For you are one body

The body of the Somalis.

Janna   

That's what I was thinking. They seem to have coco cola but no cadbury chocolate, dude that sucks!

SOO MAAL   

Rahima, u collected great pictures,

I know mogadisho is a beautiful (I miss this great city).

Mogadishu will stay the capital city of beloved Somalia, but right now security is concern, particularly after the bomb that targeted the Somali prime minister Hon. Ali Ghedi

Abwaan   

Thanks Rahima for sharing such great pictures and experience with us. I have been to Mogadishu too in January 2004 and saw the two-sided life of the city: one with developments and the other with total lawlessness, poverty and the legacy from the civil war.

Just to share one of the surprises while I was there, I remember on one afternoon as I was listening to one of the radio stations you mentioned an announcement came up that a woman from Hodan was asking for the listeners to help her locate few goats of hers that went missing. She kindly asked on anybody who has seen or has any information on their whereabouts to ring her on a telephone number, which was read on the radio!

Rahima

First of those were amazing pictures, I also appreciated the info, which was nicely broken down. Second thanks for sharing, I got a little bit of heads up. I'm heading there in a few days although I'll just be passing through I intend on going to the universities n hospitals and to see street life so that I can gather some info. Thanks again I'll be sure to share my experience in Somalia as well once I come back inshallah.

Blue

P.s. its my first post in SOL smile.gif .

Rahima   

^Enjoy yourself smile.gif , but make sure you have a good look around. Don’t spend it on just family, but have a good look at the country and possibly conclude how you could add your two cents worth ;) .

I have been to Mogadishu too in January 2004 and saw the two-sided life of the city: one with developments and the other with total lawlessness, poverty and the legacy from the civil war.

Yeah, that shocked me more than anything. The difference is staggering, especially the “refugee†(I can’t see how Somalis can be refugees on their own land) camps. I was so taken aback, but then comforted by the efforts of the many good people working tirelessly to make a difference in the lives of the poor.

Suldaanka,

I kept those pics to myself ;) . Sadly all the pics of the ocean and beach have us in them.

I was kicking myself i didn't take ones seperate.

Oh well, maybe next time :cool:

dawoco   

Rahima waa dhaarsan tahayee, already planning your next trip :D

Sis, this was a wonderful topic, and very informative. The pictures of the scenery reminded me of quite similar settings I had seen so long ago. I am so jealous of you, for having that experience.

Only last night i was talking about how i missed eating qasab, i used to love that. Now i would probably split my lip open if i had it.

Dhubad.   

Rahima, your trip experience and the beautiful pictures that you have shared with us has definitely highlighted a different (the un-known, the un-covered )side of Mogadishu.

Am glad you have posted those pics.

Thanks

Wiilo   

Rahima sis thanks for pictures, i can't wait to go to Somalia, brother and i are planning to visit home next year insha allah. This pictures really reminded me home......Somalis/somalia noolow....

Thanks again...

Go figure:...............