Sign in to follow this  
Macalin

In The Name Of Islam!?!?!---This is NOT RIGHT........

pearl   

....stop crying...

what is this anti-arab hate...man..did u forgot our beloved rasol is arab...i think ur just pissed cuz ur government cheque got delayed and ur just ventin....man take it to ur social worker...

its not right killing innocent ppl...and it makes Islam look bad when they say allahu akbar...its not right...

they kill us..we kill them...whats NEW?

OG Moti   

This is not right I do agree with Lakkad, however, if they want to revenge they should look for these who are in charge on the prison, not just anyone who wants to take risk and become a rich man taking advantage of dismentaled countries, the guy was risk taker, and either u succeed or u lose ur life.. he lost his life and i think it was sad way to die, but things happen, Americans killed innocent people for no reason, children and women, raped men and women in jails and in their houses and country.. so an eye for an eye...all i can say is .. you go to Iraq to make business u taking risk.. u die in the process that is the way it goes.. and ARab has nothing to do with this... Humans are full of shiiit, and to me this shows all humans are capable of doing bad things... but not on TV... peace

Qac Qaac   

waraa Lakkad niman iyo naago aa dabada laga fuul fuulay, dilkana iskaba dhaaf, then that doesn't make u anti US...

but one man aan qoorta laga jaray u r anti-arab. come on bro..

it is islam that actually is holding the arabs back coz they would do the same thing the US. did, but in Islam u could only kill them, not to sexually harrass them UFF..

One American Dies and everyone is Anti-Arab.. Naked prisoners punished tortured and humiliated over news and its just a shame ... I say every American in Iraq knew they were a target and i think its Jihad.. They announced publicly that they will kidnap and kill any American in iraq!!! i say good for them revenge eye for an eye!!! But next time try to choose soldier!..

ps; there is no such thing as innocent!! this is war, innocent should have gone home when things got ugly!

chubacka   

Lakkad,

It is artificial to to pose a question and ask for it not to be related to the circumstances that gave rise to it...

Would it be better in your eyes if they had said nothing?

It is almost like you are saying don't use Allah's (swt) name beacuse iam muslim and I don't want to be involved in this complicated and uncomfortable situation.

It seems to me that we are romanticing our deen, Islam is about peace but us muslims both we in the west leading a comfortable and previledged life and those in Iraq and Palestine have a right to defend themselves.

You have to realise Islam is involved because a great deal of this war has to do with attacking Islam.

And why are we so concerned about this mercenary who wanted to exploit the situation in Iraq to make his fortune?

Why are we not concerned that a muslim country has been invaded and that 10,000 Iraqi's have been killed.

Your anger seems misdirected to me.

NGONGE   

I agree with the original poster (LAKKAD), but then he took his argument into a blind alley with all that stuff about “ why do they invoke the name of god” stuff!

Everyone thinks that god is on their side, man (check out the poem I posted on the poetry forum).

However, we as Muslims have to stick to the rules and morals that we believe in. Anger and emotion shouldn’t dictate and control our lives. In the case of the guy who got beheaded, it was the WRONG thing to do. What the Americans (and all their allies) are doing to other Muslims is no excuse. The principle of an eye for an eye is not helpful or beneficial to anyone here. Some people argue that his presence in Iraq means that he’s a legitimate target! Why so? Was he holding a gun and fighting the Iraqis? Was he a soldier?

I understand people’s anger and frustration at the weakness of the Muslim world but that does not mean you’ve got to cheer every extremist who decides to interpret and twist the religion to quench his or her anger. Not killing civilians is not a western invention; it’s an Islamic one. If they killed civilians then that’s down to their lower principles, values and morals. We do not have to follow suit and use the tired and very childish excuse of “ they’ve done it to us, so we are justified in doing the same thing to them”.

Islam today is in crisis, we have all those pro government scholars who come up with fatwa’s that appease their presidents, we have all those amateur scholars that make up their own rules and call every little atrocity they commit a “Jihad”, worst still, we have the “moderate”, western loving scholars! However, there are things that don’t require a scholar to issue a fatwa on. There are things that better scholars than the ones we have today have already commented on; there are things that the Quran and Sunnah tell us. Little upstarts in the caves of Afghanistan or the darker corners of the Horn of Africa cannot change these things now because they’re angry and frustrated with the state of the world.

So, please, control your anger and engage your brains. Wrong is Wrong .

Now, if we’re looking at it from a political point of view, things will look totally different. That guy dying might work out to the advantage of the Iraqis in the short term. It might hasten the withdrawal of the occupiers. Lets just hope these guys have some sort of plan for Iraq after the occupation leaves, and are not lashing out with anger without having any plans for the future of that place!

well said Adams child and Hadaad

what I wanted to say has already been covered, so I wont bother

Lakkad dhiiga gaalga maa ka muhiimsan dhiiga muslimka? come on bro what r u saying here.....Ilaah subxaana watacaalaa wuxuu yiri, hal muslim dhiigiisa oo la daadiyo wuxuu ka jecel yahay gurigiisa aduunka (kacbada) oo la dumiyo. Marka walaalow sidee baad waxaan uugu hadli kartaa...can u not see how YOUR brothers n sisters are suffreing in Palestine day-in and day-out? For crying out loud sort out ur priorities!!! what Americans are doing to Iraqis can never be compared what the Iraqis are doing.

btw - before I forget I'm anti-american

TAKBIIR ALLAHU AKBAR!

Senora   

I understand people’s anger and frustration at the weakness of the Muslim world but that does not mean you’ve got to cheer every extremist who decides to interpret and twist the religion to quench his or her anger.

So who do we cheer for?.. our islamic leaders, those nation leaders?...

A part of me is telling me that there is something wrong with this....but a bigger part of me is saying that this can't overshadow what has been done already!

But there just aren't enough people willing to sacrifice and fight for Islam, and its people....instead you have the Osama's and the Al qaeda's, etc....

drastic situations call for drastic measures....None of you people are in their shoes! None of you understand what they are going through, none of you see what they see. Its easy for you to sit behind your computer and say "this is wrong".

Your so quick to say hes not a target cause he wasn't wearing a soldiers uniform, or carrying a weapon....just cause you dont have a uniform on symbolizing your "in risk of losing your life", doesn't stop you from being the enemy....

Anyone suporting this war is an enemy....

anyone supporting this lying, arrogant and greedy administration and its greedy accomplices ( Halliburton) furthering its effort in exploiting Iraq and other muslim and under developed nation is an Enemy.....

Nick Berg supported this war and administration, and if the american people can turn their heads and call muslim deaths and abuse "a tragedy and shame"....then i can turn my head in the same direction...."this death was a tragedy and shame"

Macalin   

NGONGE--for an ugly named kid, you are actually half not BAD!--flattery aside lil man, you spit out truth out there!---what ppl fail to undertand is, filtering emotions and reality---delicatly!

What does beheading an innocent 26yr kid,solve?--if you ask me NOTHING!, the problems of islam cannot and will not be solved by beheading an innocent american!?...Are you guys rooting for an islamic act,coz it comes from a MUSLIM???

All those mujahids had to do*(yes they are mujahids),was go and qarxis themselves somewhere else!....beheading an innocent 26yr old,flashing his face for the cameras--is caadi by me!--go on be freaking sadistic--i would expect anything from an angry man,very understandable!---laakin,leave the diin out of this!..thats all!

Whoever said, 1 american is killed and ..etc---YES its a big deal,when islam is potrayed as a babaric religion,by a barbaric GROUP of PPL!--yes its big issue for me!---THE ISLAM I WAS TAUGHT BY MY PARENTS.....is one of peace and tolerance!--i dont know what islam YALL is following!

wa bilahi towfiq~

Originally posted by 7_steps_2_Heaven:

TAKBIIR ALLAHU AKBAR!

That's just sad. Really. Someone just destroyed the image of your religion and you are saying Takbiir.

I think muslims should separate their dislike for American policy and the actions of muslims towards these policies. Two wrongs do not make a right. If you are against one, it doesn't mean you have to be pro another. In this case with the beheading of a civilian (on top of that, in the name of Islam) is WRONG. plain and simple. You can hate America all you want , but Islam teaches us to be the better person.

Just because it is done in the Name of Islam or Jihad, does not make it right. There are rules and procedures even in our great deen. And I frankly do not appreciate people who tarnish the teachings of Islam.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

NGONGE   

In that case, keep it as politics, Mermbo.

If you hadn’t noticed, there are millions of Iraqis who are in support of this occupation. Would you kill them too? Or is it American civilians that qualify for the killing?

Since we are, as one of the sisters implies above, armchair generals, we do have the benefit of being detached from the whole situation. We can sit back and use our logic and common sense to sift through this mess and try to make sense of it all! Why does it have to be one side or the other? Why does not have to be RIGHT and WRONG?

The argument of “desperate times call for desperate measures” is a political argument not a religious one. You’ve got to draw a line between the two and decide which one you’re going to follow. You can’t use extracts and bits from the religion to prove your political ends (that’s what got us there in the first place). As for fighting the enemy, Al Sader’s militia are fighting them, the Fullujah guys are fighting them and countless others are fighting them on a daily bases. When you have over 160,000 American (and coalition) soldiers who are ready to fight you and are legitimate targets, why go for the cowardly style of killing INNOCENT (until proven guilty) people?

Someone was saying we need to get our priorities right, this is one of our main priorities; OUR RELIGION and the way some mad elements are trying to distort it and twist it to comply with their needs. It’s not the fact that some American guy was killed that worries me here (thousands of Muslims deaths hurt me more than that); it’s the fact that some people condone it and all the implications that come with it. It’s the fact that some thing it’s religiously correct to commit such acts. It’s the fact that we let our emotions rule our heads.

Honesita   

Lakkad........it is very sad that some pple r using the name of Islam to commit crimes rather than jihad....however, it's not right to generalize a whole nation (arabs) and say u're anti arab because of that...!! If you know that you're a muslim, and that Islam does not call for beheading a man who's not fight you, then u should not be concerned about Islam's image.....its clear that the wrong doers will get punished...and the ignorant will believe that Islam calls for it...!! The only thing i'de honestly encourge iS PROPER ISLAMIC EDUCATION...!! Like Ngone said up there, we get those scholars that wanna please the government, the scholars who give fatwas when they have no knowledge, and those who wanna kiss western a$$...!!!

America got attacked as everyone remembers on 9/11, it was done by muslims who claim it was jihad....we all know its not true...we all know islam does not promote bombings and crap....but the Americans now are ANTI-ISLAM....!!! Those who believe in the an eye for an eye, America is only revenging.....u started the concept....dont blame america......!!! America is fighting with the so called 'foreign policy'..!! Those Muslims need to come up with their own "policies", not Islam...!!!

Salaamz

Jumatatu   

This issue whether it is or it is not justified is argumentative and will continue on and on. What it is beyond doubt is that it is a repercussion. However in the mist of all this is it not strange that everytime America's policy and motive is at its lowest ebb, and they could have not been worse than they were over the last weeks,and are faced by International condemnation led by their two houses. Somewhere some place Al-Qaeeda or an arab 'terrorist' group does something that takes the spotlight off from them. Ironically though it has been the case ever since the start on the war in Afghanistan.Which makes you wonder what is the link in here? Furthermore this sort of puts the catalyst of the whole war against 'terrorist' into perspective. Some of us need to be convinced still that twenty or so Arabs have so coherently organised and carried out the hijacking of four planes causing the havoc of 9/11.

Lets not doubt though that the Bush's administration is at war against Islam. What I question is the fear factor he created for his people in order to carry out his intention whether they are of genuine or tools used to meet his ends. Just think of how many people who were vocal agaist American troops abuse have changed their mind after seeing the beheading.