Sign in to follow this  
Ayaan8321

Ladies .........and ladies only

How would you cope with this situatuion........

gebertoo aa isbarateen.....then you start hanging out together and then cabaar kedib,you are bestfriends.calling each other everyday.After a while you start noticing you like the same thing and have the same style. And BOOM,you start seeing she is copying your style :eek: and eventually people start calling you twins :eek: .(We´re both slim and tall and with the same style people can´t tell who you are.)

I had a red scarf one day tied to my neck and you know what she said,"alaa, abaayooy,we think the same, I just bought an exact scarf the other day."

yeah right :mad: .She went to town and bought it the following day. :mad:

Walaahi ..maalmahaan,when all us ladies go shopping I have to pretend I hate everything and when she goes home, markaas leen soo noqdaa ann ka dhaxbaxaa meesha :D

so....ladies ,what would you do if you were in this situation. :(

Just tell her listen macaanto we are dressing the same and its ennoying me so either get ur own style or we have to go shopping sepratly and don't get what i buy. Show her how to be herself and to dress as an individual i mean she must not have any test or she might just like ur test in clothing to be copying u. But either way its ennoying having someone u hang with to be dressing just like u so tell her it has to stop.

loool I think the best thing to do is tell her like Nasima said. But you don't want to be rude about it. Just tell her that lately everyone is calling us twins and what not, and I don't feel comfortable that you're constantly buying what I buy, and tell her you need to express your own individuality. You weren't born with a twin, therefore you don't need one. lol

Or when you go shopping together, tell her something else would look good on her. Or get one of your other friends to convince her to buy something else, or have them tell her to stop dressing like you all together.

But i see how annoying that can be. Situations like that happened all the time back when we were in middle school icon_razz.gif But assuming she's naag wayne lol someone needs to tell her thats not coo :eek:

LoL ne wayzz sis.. i hope i was of some hope to you :D

WILDCAT   

They say imitation is the highest form of compliment. I think that's the more positive perspective anyway.

Looks as though you're already doing what you can to control the situation. I'd keep up with your efforts, taking care not to hurt the poor darling's feelings. It's not as though she's doing anything malicious. Women do worse things to each other.

Relax and enjoy it. I personally never had the pleasure of being in that situation...would be over the moon if I were!...huge ego trip or what! :D

I'd be jealous if I didn't have you beat already. I think I have a stalker. I luv it...pure bliss! I milk it for all it's worth! icon_razz.gif

Nazra   

Thank god, my best friend doesn't copy me, but she's alwayz compalining me about her neighbour friend always asking her, where u get this from? or let's go shopping and buying the SAME thing not even a different colour.

Could you even beleive this, my best freind had to stop wearing the HIJAAB cause of her. :confused: copying the same material and all. Yaa Allah (i just like to stay out of it)

I told her two solutions and this might help you.

1. Don't GO shopping with her.

2. If she askes where u get it from, (don't lie) just say "i can't remember" with an weired face trying to remeber and all.

Nazra   

Thank god, my best friend doesn't copy me, but she's alwayz compalining me about her neighbour friend always asking her, where u get this from? or let's go shopping and buying the SAME thing not even a different colour.

Could you even beleive this, my best freind had to stop wearing the HIJAAB cause of her. :confused: copying the same material and all. Yaa Allah (i just like to stay out of it)

I told her two solutions and this might help you.

1. Don't GO shopping with her.

2. If she askes where u get it from, (don't lie) just say "i can't remember" with an weired face trying to remeber and all.

girlfriend i' say' move out of the TOwn lol..or else u 2 be looking like as if u both were cloned..lol..Now now it's alright, i'mean i seing people like that..when they'r new to the country'..they like to copy everything a person' wears in order not to be looking like an outcast.

What u should do is next time u both go to shopping, first ask her what she wants to get...so that she won't get what u got...Or as u already said...shop without her...that's easier...but girl i ain't never being in that situation but i seeing ppl like that..so best of luck.

Or else, there is another solution u can do..start dressing like a Drag Queen...lool..I"m sure she'll think u went crazy and won't even think of dressing the same as u do....Jaw

Nasra

What u mean ur friend stopped wearing the xijaab cuz of her??? tell u girl that 'never to stop wearing the hijaab cuz of some1'...and anyhow's it's good thing the girl coppied the xijaab..isn't that suppost to be influencing ppl to start wearing the xijaab? instead of thinking as if she was copying?

Ta Ta Tiya*

Yea that is a tad on the annoying side (hey girls that is the right way to spell it by the way!!!) but just be flattered she much obviously like ur style....BE FLATTERED!!!! Its not like everthing in the store was made for STHML_lady....you dont have your own tailor so get over it. Girls around my way dress like me all the time...but i dont mind because that means i dress nice....so take it as a compliment and keep moving girl!

Nazra   

NOVA-DA-LAVIDA,,, i know, but my best mate had to switch to gabsar and all, weried huh, but she gets really mad if you copy her style 24/7 and that's what her neighbour friend did.

I don't blame her, but it is sad that she had to step down to this level i tell her this but she hates what this girl is doing...SO DO I.