Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Your clothes and how it identifies with ur personality

Modesty   

Asalaamu Alaykum,

Alot of people say that your choice of clothing reflects your personality, or what your personality you would like to be like.Although, I wear hijab, I usually wear casual, and clothes that basically let me breath,as I perfer to look clean cut especially for my job. PPl say casual is related to a laid type person, but, that is so opposite from me. So how does your style of clothing reflect your personality or the way ppl see your personality?

Good question abayoo....well first of all Manshallah u wear hijab. I try so hard but it is hard to start something when you've been brainwashed by these Americans. But that doesn't justify anything...inshallah I'll start. But the way I dress reflects my mood and the occassion. I sometimes dress fancy when going to work because I work in an office at my school...and sometimes dress ghetto. And that means wearing bandana, and wearing jerseys with big a** hoop earrings. And sometimes I like to wear sweatpants and t-shirts....especailly when I wanna sleep in class that day..lol icon_razz.gif

yeah i've heard of this before. and i do think it's true, i had this kid in my class when i was a sophomore and he always wore black...everyday, he never said a word. they later discovered that he was "Troubled" ...and he was planning a "Columbine-Style" remake. he also had a "Natzi" tattoo on his upper right arm. so when they say "YOu are what you wear" i say it's True...

and as for me....? i stay away from dark clothing. i mostly wear a tennis shoes, white T-shirt and blue jeans...u know...it's summer time so i gots to stay cool. smile.gif

Macalin   

I have no idea sweets.

I wear whatever thats clean in my closet...so does it mean if i wear my ralph lauren jeans + sean jean T shirt on saturday and Flip to my Polo shirt and dockers pants then i have a different personality??? :confused: :confused: ---bal ii kala bixi waxas!

But true indeed what u wear is what U is-lol

Jaabir   

Modesty.. for me.. humm.. i like to be as casual as possible, but i always get suited up for special occasions, i gotta say i have a thing for casual suites.

section6er... all the somali kids i have seen in Toronto are wearing those funky, "saako" looking white long *** T-shirts lol.. i even asked one of them did you shrink in yo shirt dawg or what :D:D

Well I do agree with you when you say clothes we wear; reflect who we are, simple people more likley to choose plain colors and simple printed clothes. In other hand, I met few ppl in my life that cared so much about their LOOK more than their personality, which is too bad for them. I’ll say to them grow up & wake up to real life around you :eek:

To me as long as you are clean. And not wearing a killer colors that do not match the it is all good. Be comfortable that is what really matters at the end.

waa yab :confused:

Originally posted by Darman:

section6er... all the somali kids i have seen in Toronto are wearing those funky, "saako" looking white long *** T-shirts lol.. i even asked one of them did you shrink in yo shirt dawg or what
:D:D

YES SIR

Its the movement, I rock nuthin but white Ts in the summer, whites on whites and white on black.

NOOO Not very long either just above my knees

DIPSET

It's true some what. For example girls that go to my school or live in my area wear tight tops and hip-hugger jeans. And when I see those types a girls first impression is "tryna play it out cool". Some I just find them show offs and others sluts. But remember its just what comes to my mind when I see that type of women. Now as for me I wear the hijab plus long skirt.

Lol. @ Section6er

.:peace n luv:.

Haneefah   

Although people dress differently for different occasions, your clothing does still reveal who you are to some extent...personally, I'm quite conservative and I just love to dress formally most of the time. I honestly cannot remember the last time I bought a pair of khakis or sneakers...that's just not me! And besides, as Muslim women, we have a certain dress code that we all need to follow and it represents our uniqueness and sets us apart from all other women in this world...isn't that just beautiful, alhamdulilah!

Ariadne   

After reading some of these posts I was shocked to find out you all think that just because you dress a certain way you must be a certain way. Whats next witch hunts where we all pursue those so called witches that wear jeans and high heels.

Oh gimme a break!

Clothes can and sometimes may have a personality trait of yours in them. But how about people who are poor and can't afford much clothes or better clothes or how about people who dress for comfortability. And where did this colour thing come from?! you wear all black oh your either a troubled teen or a goth (seriously that's ridiculous) so I guess if you wear all white you must be an angel incarnate huh?

Clothes are self expression and most people don't dress in one style they dress in a variety of styles to match their moods. So does that mean oh they are indecisve borderline psychopaths? ....No, it just means people grow in and out of phases just like clothes.

Xafsa   

Originally posted by Nafisa:

Although people dress differently for different occasions, your clothing does still reveal who you are to some extent...personally, I'm quite conservative and I just love to dress formally most of the time. I honestly cannot remember the last time I bought a pair of khakis or sneakers...that's just not me! And besides, as Muslim women, we have a certain dress code that we all need to follow and it represents our uniqueness and sets us apart from all other women in this world...isn't that just beautiful, alhamdulilah!

I agree with you hon. I can't even remember the last time I wore a pair of sneakers or flip flops for that matter.