Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Historic Photo: Micheal Mariano Sultan Bihi Momeen

The Zack   

^Well first of all I wanted that for informational purposes only but since you questioned my question I will tell u this... there is nothing historic about a mere murtad from the horn.

Taleexi   

The significance about him is that he was an accepted murtad among his kin. Not only was that he a prominent one. An irony you may say but that is the fact.

STOIC   

I wonder if he has any immediate surviving family members.If so are they also OPEN Christians? It was brave of him to come out of the closet.He must have been comfortable in his OWN skin :D

Som@li   

War Nassir waxaan xagaad ka soo quftaa.

Diintiisu Isaga Illaah bay ka dhexaysaa, Muwaadin Soomaali ah buu ahaa.

Malika   

^ He was a good man,served his people well when in post in Lusaka, am sure and else where.

Stoic,He had children and yes they too were christians as far as I remember - he was an embassador in Lusaka at some point,I remember my folks talking about him or his son's coming to our house. We had another somali christian family that we were family friends,in those days somalis were tolerant, I think.

Rooble Michale was a well known Lawyer in Somaliland, His sister was also a civil society activist and the other brother was a prominent scholar.

Two of them died recently ......

Taleexi   

Originally posted by Som@li:

War Nassir waxaan xagaad ka soo quftaa.

Diintiisu Isaga Illaah bay ka dhexaysaa, Muwaadin Soomaali ah buu ahaa.

Habeen dhoweyd oo aan booqday NASSIR gurigiisa anigaaba ka yaabay, waxaanba is mooday inaan caalam kale joogo, war gurigiisu waa carwo buug iyo waxyaalo kale oo badanba hodan ku ah.

Malika   

Originally posted by Taleexi:

Malika: Tell that to Godane and Roobow and do share what you may encounter
smile.gif

Inadeer,maa saas baad ii nacdee? Imagine me telling Godane,that we should be tolerant of other faiths..hmmm :D ,miyaa mar kale laa ii arkii laha? :D

STOIC   

There was one similar dude in Kenya by the name of Shaficii Gaal...He was televangelist the ones with the microphone and Jesus crazy type..I met him once in Meru after he was expelled by the Somalis from NEP..He was very proud of his religion and even had the audacity to tell us to keep raising our butts up in the sky for some non-existent God (istaghfurullah)..He was funny old guy :D !