Sign in to follow this  
Raxmah

Abusing the welfare system!

Raxmah   

I have been working in the refugee services for about couple months. It’s not a bad job and I‘m grateful I can help the Somali people around here. The problem that makes my job dreadful is that you know most the Somali people, I wish I didn’t know them. Then I wouldn’t be paranoid about the lies I hear…. You will get someone who would come in and say I’m pregnant by my boyfriend and in dire need of help. I don’t know where he is now…. In reality the lady is happily married with a working husband. Of course they aren’t grateful for what they have. What’s up with this covetousness with so many Somalis?

I hear the complaints of the many Somali people that live around here how they hate America and so on, and they should take advantage of the system as long as they are here. Cool, fine hate it. It doesn’t inconvenience me a bit. But does it give them the right to abuse the system. What message are they sending when they lie? How come they dont give a damn. :mad: :mad: grrrrrrrrrr

Bad day at work, venting off at SOL.

king_450   

Rahma, you fooled me by coming in your thread,well where can i start, i think you have not seen yet the tip of the ice, the true collectors of the wellfare giveaways, are not the "Refugees" or "Middle Income ppl", but The well off PPL in America,that is right , the Big corporations get more of handouts then any other Individual, so plz next time get little bit of research done,because you are misleading ,when you don't touch the whole but nothing about the whole truth of "Wellfare give-away". It is the BIGGIES who score the card,and suck our Sweat!

Macalin   

^^ Waraa Iskudirka dhaaf!--

Abaayo what i had in mind was(is perhaps?(, you cannot change a people who are determind to milk the american welfare system...the only other job you can do is be a 'welfare fraud invistigator' i doubt if you will survive long in that communitY :D

LuCkY   

Let it aLL out sista!

I feeL U though...I have seen and Heard of peopLe Like that so...!

What message are they sending when they lie?

That Lying is okay so Long as it benefits 'Them'.

Coloow   

Raxmah,

Rule #1 : Don't allow preconcieved prejudices, your local knowledge of clients, your ethnicity, background etc dictate your decisions.

working as a civil servant is about keeping aside your knowledge of somalis, the propganda etc and follow the rules/regulations to the maximum!

Faheema.   

Raxmah I feel for you sis,

“Welfare” is a modern form of Begging and the sooner our people realize that the better. Why on earth would you want to degrade yourself and go through such a humiliation, throw away your pride, self-respect, and dignity just so you can get few dollars/pounds?

Lying and deceiving is not only morally wrong but Islam also condemns it. Wallahi, it saddens me to see our people portrayed in such mortifying manner.

I understand, single parents need a helping hand and the government provides number of initiatives to help lone parents so they can make ends meet. However, you also need to put an effort, for instance while the kid/s are in school you can find a part time job instead of gossiping what the other lady wore in the last Aroos or discussing the Dirac you’ll be wearing for the next.

Raxmah   

King-I really don’t see how the BIGGIES get more out of the system. Come on, these people are required to turn in their pay stub every month. I have no use to do research on it, but why don’t you share where you got the info from.

'welfare fraud invistigator' i doubt if you will survive long in that communitY

welfare fraud invistigator--nah, most likely I wouldn't be able to make through a days of work. :D

Rule #1 : Don't allow preconcieved prejudices, your local knowledge of clients, your ethnicity, background etc dictate your decisions.

If I were to use my knowledge of the people I know, I would probably wouldn't have lasted at the job. I just make believe as if I don't know them and process on what is wriiten on paper.

king_450   

Rahma, i be glad to but you can do the research as much as i can. If you hear all the following companies.

1-Microsoft

2-IBM

3-Boeng

4-GE and many more get their money making ,from an assistance of our tax dollars. go check out , even today they depend on our tax money, imagine that. here is an article that every well off American learns how to cheat our tax dollars and get rich.

STUDY RELEASE

September 26, 1995

Archer Daniels Midland nation's biggest welfare recipient , study says

At a time when Congress is rightfully removing millions of able-bodied citizens from social welfare rolls, there is no excuse for allowing America's biggest welfare recipient -- Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) -- a continuing place at the trough, according to James Bovard, author of "Archer Daniels Midland: A Case Study in Corporate Welfare" (Policy Analysis no. 241). Bovard, author of Shakedown: How the Government Screws You from A to Z (Viking, 1995), concludes that

*at least 43 percent of ADM's annual profits are from markets that would be virtually nonexistent without government subsidies or protection;

*every $1 of profits earned by ADM's sale of ethanol costs taxpayers $30;

*every $1 of profits earned by ADM's corn sweetener operation costs consumers $10;

*the grain export subsidies that line ADM's pockets in the name of fighting poverty in the Third World have actually devastated the economies of the recipient nations and further impoverished the poor while ADM and its political friends "look the other way;" and

*the full array of ethanol subsidies, sugar protection policies, grain export subsidies, and domestic agricultural assistance programs championed by ADM in the halls of Congress and in television commercials every Sunday morning has cost the U.S. economy at least $40 billion over the last 15 years.

As Congress reconsiders all of the programs that artificially sustain ADM, Republicans have a wonderful opportunity to demonstrate that business welfare programs are no more sacrosanct than social welfare.

James Bovard also examines the political dynamics of ADM's campaign to be the taxpayer-funded "supermarket to the world" and details the incredible breadth and history of ADM's vote-buying operations in both political parties. Neither Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle nor Senate Majority Leader Robert Dole, for example, have escaped ADM's political net.

The full text of this study is available at the Cato Institute

King450

excellent analaysis.

Futher Comments:

Back to the drawing board. We are weak, we have shortcomings like many humans do, we need help not criticisms 24/7. Somalis this and somalis that its time to quit such nonsensical outdated rhetoric.

Off to Sleep bye everybody smile.gif

Raxmah   

King-

Thanks for the info., but none the less I was just referring to what I had experienced from work. Other people are doing it doesn’t give us the right to do it.

Mujahid-

I wasn’t criticizing Somalis, after all am Somali and proud of it. I know some of us need help, but lying – breaking the law- to get something that is not even worth the trouble-perhaps can get you in a lot of trouble. There are other ways to make money….what's nonsensical though is lying for couple of hundred dollars. :rolleyes:

king_450   

My advise sis, 2morrow when you go back to work, see if you can find loopholes, for these ppl to earn more money ,per say $100's dollars more. If you can't deal with Somalis as you mentioned , ask to be assigned different ppl. By the way what state you work, i am guessing you are Ohio or Mn, am i right? if then sister you should be happy to be working, because the only reason they hired you ,could be because they need a somali translaters,and the same ppl you are complaining about are the ones who are putting your food on the table. Help where Help is due!

This is where i get off this thread, good luck Raxma.

Sorry ukhtee. Let me remind you the issue again. The statements annotated besides my name above were pointing out the mere fact that we need not dwell on welfare fraud, in a manner that we point fingers at this person or that person within the community. This doesnt help any one.

For example:

Originally posted by Raxmah:

You will get someone who would come in and say I’m pregnant *Censored*

In the citation above, what happened to client confidentiality?

Ciao Seniorita and sorry just looking the topic from a different angle.

MJ.