Sign in to follow this  
Captain Warya

Somali youth: Wasted talent

NGONGE   

^^ It also said 'nabni' (We build), I don't think this would apply to 'our' shabab. :D

Ibti,

You'll probably agree with it then. Come on, bite your tongue and just say thank you to the guy who started this thread. icon_razz.gif

Kool_Kat   

NG, afCarabi magoradaaw anigee, bal afSoomali iigu fasir waxaa soo qortay...Inaa i cayneysidna ma'ogiyee... :D

Somali youth (specially wiilasha) are almost all a total waste...Walahi, everytime a see a mother shed a tear for loser son, makes want to put kuligood in a xero oo aan dab kushido...SHEEMO!!!

NGONGE   

^^ You might not like it. :D

It's a song I used to sing when I were a little nipper in the boy scouts. :cool:

Naxno Al shabab (we are the youth), lana al ghado (tomorrow is ours)

Wa majdoho(and its glory) Al mokhalado (the eternal). Naxno Al Shabab.

Shicaarona cala al zaman (our slogan throughout time) Caash el wadan Caash al wadan (long live our homeland long live our homeland). Naxno Al Shabab.

Calamtana keef el shmam (it taught us good morals) wa keef yorfac al calam( and how the flag is raised). Naxno Al Shabab.

Al Safx wa al jadawil (the land and the springs), Wal xaqlo wal sanaabil (and the field and the grass*), wa ma bana alawaa'il (and what the ancestors built), Naxno laho macaaqil (we are their defenders).

Al deen fe qoluubina (the faith is in our hearts), wa el nuur fii ciyoonina (and the light in our eyes), wa al xaqqo fe yamiinina (and the xaq is in our right hands), Wal ghaar fe jabiinina (no idea what the ghaar could be here but it's on their foreheads). Naxno Al Shabab.

Lana el ciriaq wo al sham (Iraq and Sham are ours)

Wa masro wa el beet el xaraam( and Egypt and...do I have to translate this one?)

Namshi cala el moot el zo'aam(we march against death), ela al amaam ela al amaam( forward forward).

Nabni wa la natakil (we build and don't depend on others), nafni wa la nankhadil (we give our all and are never let down)

Lana al yad wo al camal (ours are the hands and the hard work), lana al ghado wa al amal (ours is tomorrow and ours is hope) Naxno Al Shabab.

You can listen to this nasheed here:

ps

Wonder if some overzealous Shabab fan would put a video montage of the Shabab with this nasheed playing in the background. icon_razz.gif

ps

Wonder if some overzealous Shabab fan would put a video montage of the Shabab with this nasheed playing in the background.
icon_razz.gif
[/QB]

^ Merci for the idea, am sure this what they listen to on their training run.

underdog   

“Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.”

Captain,

what is it that you would like to see? 100% successful Somalis? it doesn't work like that. Every race/society will have those that are motivated to achieve and those that are going to fail.

we can't all be doctors and engineers, there has to be someone to do the grunt work, dig the ditches and some to occupy jail cells. That's the nature of things. So how about you put the brakes on your dreams of a Utopian society of above average citizens and lead by example. Some will follow, some won't.

Ashkiro   

^Your missing the point, large number of Somali students in high school, yet the overwhelming majority are not pursing higher education. That is alarming. I am tempted to write the author, it would be nice the HiriinOnline articles had a brief bio of the authors. I can't comment on the numbers since I don't live in MN or areas with high number of Somalis, but from what I hear it echoes the author's commentary presented in this article. I do agree that Somali youngsters are very talented, with the right guidance they can achieve great heights, but the investment is needed not just from parents but larger community.

underdog   

I think "Overwhelming majority" might be a stretch. We might need more comparative numbers to show us the bigger picture.

I think if we were to look at the Somali population in any of these communities, the number of university aged youth and the percentage of those in higher education against the ones who are not and do the same for other immigrant communities, we wouldn't be outside the normal range.

Personally I think (from a Toronto perspective) we have respectable representation in institutes of higher education.

The point you think I'm missing, Ashkiro, is the ones who could do so much more and seem to be getting left behind. What I'm saying is there will always be an amount of lost potential.

UD has vested interest in keeping certain people below their potential as it means (he dreams) there will be people to do all the menial tasks he considers beneath him.

Might as well add that he doesnt blv in educating women either smile.gif

underdog   

Originally posted by -Serenity-:

Might as well add that he doesnt blv in educating women either
smile.gif

That's not true... Chef, sewing, first aid and shiatsu massage classes are encouraged. icon_razz.gif