Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Congratulation to SOL's Motivator!

Ibtisam   

Our extensive network of ground reporters and Somali scouts inform us that a momentous occasion has taken place today. However, in order for our regular readers to understand how momentous this event is we will need to take them back to the beginning.

It was in a dark moonless night that our heroine was born. A couple of our older reporters even claim to have been present at her birth. It is said that she weighed the equivalent of two dooros and a musbaar. They also tell us that although like all newborn babies she was born crying, her crying was unique and it sounded like reasoned protest rather than shocked waqaq. We assume she took exception to the midwife slapping her back as she was delivered but this is merely a supposition on our part.

Things move on rapidly and now our heroine is five years old. She spends her days riding around in the backs of cats and speaking on behalf of her younger siblings. That enduring streak of protest still remains and she is always found wherever trouble is brewing. She develops a keen sense of justice and is forever trying to defend the oppressed, the downtrodden and the exploited (in the case of children, we assume this involves snatched sweets or turns on a slide).

The war breaks out in Somalia, homes are looted, people are killed and injustice thrives. Our heroine’s family drags her kicking and screaming away from the capital. They are seeking refuge in Europe but she is refusing to go. This is her passion, this is her life’s calling and this is where she was meant to be. She wants to go around dismantling isbaaros. She wants to confront the moryaans. She wants to defend the defenceless. But the family ignore her and take her to Europe anyway.

She is now a teenager in a foreign land. She has to contend with the twin problems of being a teenager and fighting her lifelong foe (oppression in all its forms). Many unsuspecting teenagers feel her wrath (and her scrawny fingernails). The fight continues, the protest endures and there is no rustukh for the wicked.

She moves to London, joins a law firm and turns to helping old Somali ladies and duuqyaash jajab in the baraf. She hones her abilities and spends endless nights scanning law books, justice manuals and the odd Cosmo. Her endless hard work and studying continues and the protest remains. This is when things get serious, because..... she has only gone and become a trainee solicitor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a momentous occasion because the protest child is now legally, officially and formally eligible to defend the defenceless and bully the bullies. And though it is an actual job, her colleagues did not nickname her pro bono publico (PBP) for nothing.

We would love to send her a congratulatory message but we must first discuss the issue with our lawyers and see if there are any legal mistakes or loopholes that she might spot in our message. We urge you all to do the same; PBP has a sharp eye and a lifelong love for straight talking……....

Congratulation to my dearest friend on her achievements; ;)

Thierry.   

MashAllah, congratulation Juxa.

Juxa LLP, sign me up as your newest client (now all I need is a Publicist & Accountant and I have made it)

NGONGE   

If I said congratulations I know she will not believe that I mean it. Instead and so that she knows I am genuine I am going to say the opposite of whatever Sayid says. :D

Juxa   

gosh this must be how JB feels, dhaank you dhaank you

Seriously guys thanks. now ngonge will come and rain on my parade, wuxu waa xaasid

Thierry.   

Ibti in that case I need you to glamorise a recent incident where I was involved in a bust up outside a Fadhi ku dirir joint.

Ibtisam   

HAHAHA Thierry is that the one you went with Canno Geel???? Miis you got into another fight- send me details dhee- adiga daagal ba ka soo hadey. :D

Juxa enjoy JB feeling- haad siidisa uu jamacad iyo studying ha ku jirin.

N.O.R.F   

Congrats Juxa!!!

I need advice on tax. I'm hearing disturbing things from HRM Inland Revenue. Feeskayga Ngonge ka qaado.