Sign in to follow this  
underdog

To the brothers: Avoid at all costs

underdog   

Stoic and Kaleido...

firstly,kaleido: I said it was a question for the guys because I know all the girls have that "mind your own business, why spilt it for her" mentality.

Stoic, I'll be sure not to expect a lifeline from you. Walaalkaa is may or may not be about to step on a land mine and you're taking a "wait and see" approach. How about "Hey bro FYI: this is what I know, proceed with extreme caution."

Afro, you like clarification don't you? are one of those people that have to always answer a question with a question?

Oh gets off it will ya?

It was a simple inquisitive question. You don’t expect me to let you go UN questioned now did you?

You said ‘Mistakes’; there are wide ranges of mistakes people make in their life times.

Man on the street: Excuse me young man, what time is it?

Afromali: what do you mean? eastern, central, mountain or pacific

That depends on the mode of communication between the man on the street and me. If the mode of communication was a telephone or the man was on his laptop in a Starbucks café on a street then it will be sensible to ask him.

You never clearly said if the man and me were face to face. So technically your example is subject to questions. :D

Be specific dude, and if you want an objective answer to your wide-open question,then youve got to be ready for grilling.

;) You the one who is asking the question.

And last time I checked, there was no law prohibiting asking a question with a question, that’s unless you the sheriff of SOL.

icon_razz.gif

UD

It isnt advisable to interfere in people's lives/relationships...that is unless they are in mortal danger (i.e. he/she is dating a serial killer). Adulthood is about figuring things out for urself - making mistakes and learning from them.

underdog   

Zeph,

so you're saying if your girlfriend is seeing a guy you know fools around and has a couple of illegitimate kids, no need to tell her, she'll find out soon enough....right?

STOIC   

Stoic, I'll be sure not to expect a lifeline from you. Walaalkaa is may or may not be about to step on a land mine and you're taking a "wait and see" approach. How about "Hey bro FYI: this is what I know, proceed with extreme caution."

Horta shekaba sheykey kutimata(excuse the Somali writting), If my brother is about to get involved with a girl that i know for sure is a "wrong number"(wrong number as being someone who hits the bottle and is a potential serial killer),yes i will advise him on what i personally know about the girl .But i will not run down his throat all the gossips i hear in town(i have to see that with my own eyes).

underdog   

Didn't brush you off Afro.

You tell me what 'mistake' would warrant a warning.

- as Stoic put it, hitting the bottle, serial killer, loose moral character.

Stoic,

I agree, I'm not running around spearding unsubstantiated rumours.... But don't you have a right to share what you know? he can later turn around and say "I know, but thanks for the heads-up".

Originally posted by underdog:

Zeph,

so you're saying if your girlfriend is seeing a guy you know fools around and has a couple of illegitimate kids, no need to tell her, she'll find out soon enough....right?

If I know what sort of a person he is, she probably knows it too. So why should I bother myself? She's obviously with him for a reason.

underdog   

Probably?

and if she doesn't know?

are you that indifferent and the well being of someone you refer to as a friend?

Immaculate.

What do reckon happens to car parts that have stayed in the garage for far too long un-used? (since ur the car expert n all ;) )

underdog   

I hope you're not implying you've been parked too long and need to go for a short drive to make sure the engine still runs as it should?

Since you've dubbed me the 'expert' I would say find a driver to take ownership of the vehicle before it looses value and is overlooked for newer flashier models :D

I’m not implying anything. Everything I write isn’t about me. Perhaps that how you operate..?

I think that’s very sound advice. But I wonder if you’re one of those people who say “do as I say, not as I do!â€.