Sign in to follow this  
underdog

To the brothers: Avoid at all costs

Xoogsade   

Athena, you have the better view in here. You gave the perfect logic when you wrote in your previous post "2. The sister is making conscious efforts to be better since she wants to settle for your high-morale friend. In which case, you would be messing things up unnecessarily. Forgiveness is from Allah, not you or your friend and you shouldn’t stand in the way of those trying to get it."

I think the friend shouldn't ask for people's opinions to begin with and should make his decision about the woman he wants based on what he knows about her. Most likely the girl will tell him about her past experiences if she wants to avoid guys like underdog screwing things up for her later. And there is no such thing as morally-high person. The bottom line is that each one of us is human and has imperfections. Some of us do worse things than others but those who change for the better are as good as those who done little. Besides, Qofaa jeceshahay qof kale lagama wareysto. If Allah the creator forgives, who are we to hold someone hostage for their past?

As for the other guy who told you not to expect that a man would tell you every detail about their life, HE IS TOTALLY WRONG. It will depend on how far the man wants to go with you. Definitely, if the man's intensions are pure and he wants you as his wife, he will be forthcoming and will bare everything about him. He has to do that to get to you surely. Men are not all the same.

Hello X,

I was disturbed. I didn’t blv him. My BULL-detector was in perfect working order the last time I checked, so I’m not the least bit fazed by the “I’m as pure as the driven snow late 20ties male†half-truth :D . Its as difficult to keep up a lie than it is to tell it. And personally, I like people who put all their cards on the table. No matter what past mistakes or indiscretions some1 had… a person who is dishonest makes it to the bottom on my list.

on your second point...isn't this the pot calling the kettle black? I'm sure you are aware you're the queen of low-blows and snide remarks....I just can't be bothered to dig into old posts to get some evidence right now...but when I have some time I'll do some research.

C? I havent given any low-blows in this thread. And again, the tit-4-tat mentality that ur draggin from other thread = long. :rolleyes:

underdog   

Xoogsade,

I have a lot respect for your point of view on this matter and that of Athena who made some incredibly valid points on the issue. I agree being a busybody in peoples affairs is a major contributor to broken hearts and households. I've said on numerous occasions that spearding hearsay and slander was not the focus of my question.

However I think someone might agree with me when I say deception and truth economics are another contributor to heartbreak. We all lie to become something that might be acceptable to our partners and sometimes when the truth emerges later on it is either minor enough to adapt to to or major enough to split things.

The natural course of things should not be interrupted but as a friend or relative There are things of certain importance that I may feel necessary to share with them. Some of you seem content to stand by and watch accidents about to happen...its like a lab experiment...sit and take notes.

Lets all agree to disagree on the matter and move on.

Athena,

peace.

Posted by UD:

However I think someone might agree with me when I say deception and truth economics are another contributor to heartbreak. We all lie to become something that might be acceptable to our partners and sometimes when the truth emerges later on it is either minor enough to adapt to to or major enough to split things

So your totally not in favor of the saying "Been ku soo xero gili run nah ku dhaq" Or maybe you do approve of the saying as long as is being carried out by male species and NOT female species. If that is the case I consent to your theory 127% :D:D Cuz we only should be entitled to "been xiro gili, run ku dhaq" NOT vise versa

asxantu

underdog   

Checkmate,

waa soo dahdey...I'm putting out a fire here.

here's a joke to change the tense mood in here:

A young boy went up to his father and asked him, "Dad, what is the difference between potentially and realistically?" The father thought for a moment, then answered, "Go ask your mother if she would sleep with Robert Redford for a million dollars.

Then ask your sister if she would sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars, and ask your brother if he`d sleep with Tom

Cruise for a million dollars. Come back and tell me what you learn from that."

So the boy went to his mother and asked, "Would you sleep with Robert Redford for a million dollars?" The mother replied, "Of course I would! We could really use that money to fix up the house and send you kids to a great college!"

The boy then went to his sister and asked, "Would you sleep with Brad Pitt for a million dollars?" The girl replied, "Oh my God! I LOVE Brad Pitt! I would sleep with him in

a heartbeat, are you nuts?!?!?"

The boy then went to his brother and asked, "Would you sleep with Tom Cruise for a million dollars?"

"Of course," the brother replied. "Do you know how much a million could buy?"

The boy pondered that for a few days, then went back to his dad. His father asked him, "Did you find out the difference between potentially and realistically?" The boy replied, "Yes, sir. Potentially, we`re sitting on three million dollars, but realistically, we`re living with two sIuts and a queer."

Xoogsade   

Underdog, Saxib, you have some valid points :D If the issues with the girl are the ones you mentioned in your last post, the friend actually won't need my opinion will he? He can see her for what she is.

Anyway saxib, on a side note, I find interesting the fact that there is someone for everyone out there no matter the personal demons people carry from their past. Allah is indeed most kind. If people were deprived of chances to meet someone because of their mistakes, many humans would have died lonesome and isolated.

Athena

You made underdog defensive and he basically excused himself out of the topic. Your fault :D