Sign in to follow this  
underdog

To the brothers: Avoid at all costs

^^ Ya missed DA didn't ya :D

Kale Signature:

Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men, have mediocrity thrust upon them

What a quote!

asxantu

The only problem is that they have tunnel vision so waiting for them to see "the big picture" is a lost cause.

HeHe.

Its either theres light at the end of the tunnel or its an oncoming train. eh?

Guess derailing is an understatement. they just fell off the wagon ;)

and the only retort they could come up with as a union was...Caveman

Oh give em credit, i have heard them use more crude names...will ya? :D

I think DA probably has 2 kids and a minivan by now

:D No comment.

Baashi   

It has been said that men who instigate break ups (btw two lovers with intention to unite in Hallal matrimony) convincing themselves that they are looking out for their pal are fidmowadayaal numero uno. Back home we were raised with the belief that gossiping is not for men and beferiending men with such character deficit is not beneficial and one oughta heed the advice Kuu sheekeeye, kaa sheekeeya, ha la sheekeysan.

Having said that, one shouldn't confuse hearsay that you hear so and so did so and so in the past in "waxaa la yiri" format with brother tying the knot with someone who has say HIV. The latter is not only a felony but a serious danger to the spouse and the future kids the couple may have in the future. An incident like this has happened in Seattle where a lady (maxajabad) who was very popular in the masjid and "ikhwaan" circles concelaed from her potential husband the fact that she has a HIV. It took a complete stranger, a fellow Somali, to tip the husband-to-be about this. Rumors had it that she had different interprators and it was one of them who blew the whistle on her. Clearly this is an exception. But if we are talking about prostitutes, gold diggers, and what not it's highly advicable to let your fellow friend do the homework for himself/herself. I'm of the opinion that advantages outweigh the disadvantages for the new couples are joining in halal matrimony.

The rule of thumb to be within the circle of anshaxa iyo akhlaaqiyaadka wanaagsan is a) not to volunteer any info (except something like HIV) b)if asked tell only what u know (first hand) not what you've heard from others and c)not to act as the groom and inject ur preferences into ur pal's decision making.

No bun intended. Just an opinion.

underdog   

Baashi,

waa kufahmay. buuga isku page noma furno.

Manta hadan suuqa kaaga hor imaado oo aan kudhaho "Adeer, laab kaan god weyn aa kuyaalo ee iska jir" ama aan kudhaho "maqayadaan muufadeeda hadaad cuntid shuban aa kawareege"...mawaxaa ileedahay hadaan lagu weeydiin hasheegin?

Saaxib, I'm not talking about sticking my nose where its not needed...and I'm not talking life or death issues such as you heart-breaking story. But Where's the brotherhood? don't you have to the duty to say "I ran into your hijabi girl at a club last night and she was the dancehall queen"? I may be the only one here but if I'm contemplating a halal union with this girl I don't want it to be under deceptive circumstances.

Am I the only one who would look out for a friend?

Too many quiet nomads...time to weight in with some opinions

Paragon   

"Adeer, laab kaan god weyn aa kuyaalo ee iska jir" ama aan kudhaho "maqayadaan muufadeeda hadaad cuntid shuban aa kawareege"...mawaxaa ileedahay hadaan lagu weeydiin hasheegin?

:D Let Baashi learn a lesson the hard way. Its how he prefers it smile.gif . But honestly, such information is vital and mustn't be withheld from a friend, or even strangers.

There was a little incident that was narrated to me through a joke sometime ago. There was a man who was set to get married who, while best dressed for the occassion, took a cab to where the wedding was taking place. The cab driver didn't know the fella but he knew very well his would-be bride. So the driver while conversing with his passenger asked the groom: 'did you know your bride use to be a bloke (a guy)'?

So should one uphold such info?

Senora   

^^ Of course not!!

No matter how far Shananay has come, little pee wee will always be a part of "Her"! Whatever shape or form....

To the topic:

An elder once told me that when a person comes into your life, its who they are when they are with you that you should judge.

The past is just that, the PAST! It shouldnt play a part, unless it somehow still is a part of the present and future ( i.e: An illness, potential killer, sex change).

I don’t think there is anything wrong in “sharing information†as long as you’re not out to disrepute the person wilfully and at your own gains/ego.

While its not only crucial but quite beyond the pale to withhold information about illness’, addictions (past or present), any crime, etc. it’s a different matter all together when your “information†entails “who so n so was seeing previously†and the “places so n so was seen dancing†or “the parties so and so attends†or the “friends so n so keepsâ€. These are not an indication of some1’s real persona or how they will behave with the new person. Fun is the folly of the young and its just very narrow minded of any1 to want to spread something to that effect.

underdog   

Easy there K,

lets not get ahead of ourselves,

These are not an indication of some1’s real persona or how they will behave with the new person.

When so and so is suffering from multiple personality disorder and is an innocent mild mannered hijabi in his presence and is a mini-skirt wearing raver on weekend nights, There is a real problem. Because She's (or he if he fronts the nice decent guy and goes on weekend chew marathons) is presenting themselves under a veil of deception.

I just got this feeling that I'm trying to prove the evils of interest and usury to a bunch of bankers...

not an indication of some1’s real persona

no? what is it then?

STOIC   

I just got this feeling that I'm trying to prove the evils of interest and usury to a bunch of banker...

:D

****I knocked my self out of the thread long time but when i read the above quote i had to grin :D ***

I just got this feeling that I'm trying to prove the evils of interest and usury to a bunch of bankers...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There is absolutely zero point in conversing with some1 who makes quick assumptions.

When so and so is suffering from multiple personality disorder and is an innocent mild mannered hijabi in his presence and is a mini-skirt wearing raver on weekend nights, There is a real problem. Because She's (or he if he fronts the nice decent guy and goes on weekend chew marathons) is presenting themselves under a veil of deception

What i fail to understand is; How come Your 'BOY' doesnt see this crap?

Why are you the only one seeing this?[Why cant he/she be able to

I am sure, with time he/She will be ABLE to figure it out him/herself.

What if he.she says, OH I KNOW THAT, but thanks, what will that make you?

underdog   

K,

it's one of those feelings like when you think someones watching you, but no ones there....wouldn't go so far as to call it a quick assumption.

Afro,

Like I said before, you're reading into this way too much....the question was "if you had info that he/she didn't"

and I like how the examples become so extreme about terminal illnesses, serial murders and tranvestites(sp)....

I need to chat with my imaginary friends and make sure they're not keeping some vital 411 from me....

No one can hide who they truly are for long. They are eyes and ears everywhere, especially in the somali community. If a person considers marriage important, they would do the proper research and not just rely on what their partner says about himself/herself, b/c qofkasta wuu is faaniyaa.

Besides, if you did not see that person or know first hand of their escapades...you have no right in repeating rumours.