Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

2 Million Black Iraqis Hope For a Better Day

Ibtisam   

"ME" Xagaad kaa dacadey?? I wrote some notes for you during the weekend. smile.gif

Some of their ancestors(the zanja of south-east africa) apparently sOMALI iyo Carab/others ba adonsatey. Hence why you have SOmali Bantus in SOmalia.

That is a somali rumour to belittle certain sects of our society.

me   

Diaby

Slavery;... one man having certain powers over another. The dominant one is called Master, the servient one Slave. The relation of Master and Slave consists in the control and power given the one over the other.

Ok eeg labadan tusaale.

1. Dadka webiyada Soomaaliyeed ag dega in ay Soomaali adoonsatay.

2. In gumaystuhu Soomaalida adoonsaday.

Maxay ku kaladuwan yihiin labadan power relationship?

Maxaa mid loo dhihi karaa waa adoonsi, mid ka kalena gumaysi?

me   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam*:

"ME" Xagaad kaa dacadey?? I wrote some notes for you during the weekend.
smile.gif

Ibti,

That's top secret. But now I am here. What did you write?

Bandar_bin_Sultan.jpg

Prince Bandar bin Sultan al Saud, is half African

Born in Taif, Saudi Arabia, Prince Bandar is a son of Crown Prince Sultan bin Abdul Aziz, the Deputy Prime Minister of Saudi Arabia.

His mother Khaziran was a concubine of Prince Sultan bin Abdul Aziz from the province of Asir.[1] For years Prince Sultan refused to recognize Bandar as his son until he was pressured by his half brother King Faisal to accept him as a son. Under Sharia nevertheless, all sons have equal status and Bandar Bin Sultan received a modern education, and even married Princess Haifa bint Faisal, King Faisal's daughter, before he became the Saudi ambassador to the United States of America in 1983.[2]

Fabregas   

^^Ibtisam, it is not a rumour. Where do you think SOmali Bantu came from? South East Africa, no?ps. you become all radical marzlem eh, whats with the cimamad avatar?

:D

ME;

I never said Somalis enslaved other Somalis. Read what I said and make sense of it.

People who were from SOuth East Africa were shipped to Somalia, the Arab world and even India. Somalis took part in that slave trade.

Also, I never become angry that you posted a picture supposedly showing SOmalis carrying colonials. I was critiquing the caption which was attached to it, which had clear tribal connotations.

Zafir   

In my understanding the historical event should only pertain to America, and the progress it has made. I fail to understand how this effects these black Arabs in Iraq or anywhere for that matter.

These damn media outlets take stuff and run with it to no avail.

me   

Originally posted by Abu_Diaby- Al Falastini:

Some of their ancestors(the zanja of south-east africa) apparently sOMALI iyo Carab/others ba adonsatey. Hence why you have SOmali Bantus in SOmalia.

Hmmmmm...

ME;

I never said Somalis enslaved other Somalis. Read what I said and make sense of it.

People who were from SOuth East Africa were shipped to Somalia, the Arab world and even India. Somalis took part in that slave trade.

Diaby,

What does 'Baa Adoonsatey' mean to you?

Allot of African chieftains in Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal....and the list is long took part in the slave trade. We don't say wey adoonsadeen dadkii loo rarayey maraykanka. Marka maxaad u isticmaashay ereyga Adoonsi when referring to our brothers from wabiyada.

me   

The reason why I am taking it this far is because you associate the whole Somali race with a crime that we did not commit.

Fabregas   

I'm telling you historical facts sxb. And you just want to engage in some heroic defense of Somaliness, when it is not needed. Somalidu dad bay adonsatey. I'm saying it again and again. You can't rewrite history.

me   

I'm telling you historical facts sxb. And you just want to engage in some heroic defense of Somaliness, when it is not needed. Somalidu dad bay adonsatey. I'm saying it again and again. You can't rewrite history.

There you go again saying Somalidu dad bey adoonsatey.

I am not defending Somaliness sxb.

I am just saying that you are contradicting yourself.

In teh first post you said Somali's enslaved fellow Somalis.

In the second post you denied it.

In the third post you are confirming in Somali dad adoonsatey.

Waxaas oo dhan markii la soo dhaafay, you can not prove cida wax adoonsatay, siday wax u adoonsatay iyo faa'idada ay ka raadinayeen adoonsigaas.

Mida kale adoonsiga aad leedahay wuu dhacay iyo gumaysigii Soomaaliya maxay ku kala duwanaayeen?

Again I am not defending Somaliness, I am defending my personal history. My ancestors were not a part of that crime so why should I be blamed for something my ancestors not I did? why are you blaming me?

ps. Since you claim this adoonsi to be a fact it shouldn't be too hard for you to prove that it did happen.

Fabregas   

^^calm down sxb, I didn't insult your ancestors and I never blamed Somalis as a collective for slavery. When one says Arabs took part in slavery does that mean every Arab born since time began is being convicted of the guilt of slavery?When one says whites took part in slavery does it mean that your are blaming every white on earth for slavery? Does saying Americans attacked pearl harbour or whites enslaved blacks in America implicate every person in those cateregories? I don't think so! Thus, once again, you are seeking to defend SOmalis when they are not being attacked nor defamed.

Secondly, in my first post I alluded to the fact that some of the ancestors of black Iraqis were enslaved people from SOuthern Eastern African tribes such as the Zanja, who were historically close to the Southern SOmali peninsula. Al Jahiz, the famous Black-Iraqi scholar, in his treatise defending blacks said his people were originally from that region and indentified himself with the Zanja group. Similarly, SOmali Bantus, also trace their origins to the South Eastern tribes. Thus, Somalis did not enslave one another, but they brought and enslaved people from South East, as well as some Oromos; and later on these people were absorbed into the Somali culture with names such as Somali Bantu, Gosha and deragotory names such as Jareer and Adoon. Perhaps, it would be more appropriate to use the term " some SOmalis" did this, if that makes you happy. As for providing evidence, type in the words "SOmali Bantu" on adeer google and read where they came from and what they say about their own history.

NASSIR   

I find this piece illuminating. Source: IslamOnline

"The basic guarantees granted to all individuals in Islam increasingly led to slaves standing up for their rights and even waging rebellions against the authorities. In 868 AC, a freed slave, Ali Ibn Muhammad, organized the slaves of the Iraqi marshes and waged a successful rebellion pillaging several towns including Basra. This uprising called the “Zanj rebellion” was finally crushed after Ali Ibn Muhammad was defeated outside the gates of Baghdad.

Some slaves, due to their proximity to the rulers, acquired great power and there are instances in which they were the ones actually pulling the strings behind the curtains of governance. As a matter of fact several rulers in the Islamic world in the Middle Ages had mothers who were slaves. The longest ruling Fatimid Caliph in Egypt, al-Mustansir (1036-94) was the son of a Sudanese black “concubine”. Al-Mustansir was only seven when he ascended the caliphate and it was his mother who effectively ruled for the first 15 years of his reign. During the Islamic reign in the Indian sub-continent, freed blacks, upon their conversion, took to calling themselves “Sayyad,” or descendants of the Prophet Mohammad (saaw) and became known as Siddis. In 1100 AC, they formed their own kingdoms in Janjira and Jaffrabad in western India.

Also in India, Malik Ambar was the most illustrious slave to rise to power. He was a constant nuisance to Mughal Emperor Jahangir and on several occasions routed the royal army. Jahangir, who lost no chance to disparage Ambar, wrote in his own memoirs,”In the art of soldiering, Ambar was unique in his age.” Slaves in other Islamic lands also enjoyed a unique position as well. The name of Abul Hasan Ali ibn Nafi popularly known as Ziryab deserves special mention here. Ziryab was a black singer, musician, and poet and a favorite of Andalusian ruler Abdul Rahman II. He founded a school of music, introduced the use of toothpaste, underarm deodorants and new hairstyles and the clean-shaven look for men. He also popularized the drinking of wine among Andalusian men. So great was his influence that despite a clear prohibition in the Holy Qur’an, the Andalusian jurists had to declare that the drinking of wine was permissible.

Concerning the relative good treatment of slaves in the Islamic world as compared to the Atlantic trade, Segal notes, "This is not to romanticize their condition. A slave was a slave for all that. Owners were endowed with such power over their slaves that few have failed to abuse it, more often in trivial but still humiliating, and sometimes in brutal, ways." Segal also covers the current survivals of slavery in Sudan and Mauritania and the controversy surrounding its reality. He raises the questions of the appeal of Islam to African-American communities and the perplexing refusal of Black Muslim leaders to acknowledge black slavery in modern-day Mauritania and Sudan. He fails in this endeavor, however, and ends up providing a history of African-American Muslims. Segal’s lack of proficiency in Arabic, Persian and Swahili has forced him to rely on material available only in English. The book, despite its flaws, has opened a wide-open field for further research. In the introduction Segal writes, ”There is a conscious and articulate black diaspora in the West that confronts the historical record of slavery and racism there. That Islam has no comparably conscious and articulate black diaspora to confront it with the reminders of slavery does not make that record immune to examination and judgment.

Islam owes such an examination and judgment not only to itself but also to its victims. They have the right, most precious of all for the voiceless, to be heard.” It is up to Muslims to further research this topic and come up with a more comprehensive study and confront this issue head on. It should also be noted that Islam cannot be blamed for the excesses which were committed and allegedly are still being committed in Sudan and Mauritania. Islam sought to wipe out slavery in a gradual process. But because of the social complexities, it was only in the last century that slavery was finally eradicated. Mohammed Ayub Ali Khan Islam Online, Chicago 

NASSIR   

Ngonge, do you know any black ruler in the Arab world whose mother is not black concubine or whose father is not from the ruling family or just black Father? Even Sadat's father was an Arab? I am just curious since you are quite versed in the history, and how some of the monarchic system of the Arab world interplay with the demand and sentiment of the public for a revolition. Or it's just irredeemably dysfunctional situation ?