Sign in to follow this  
MR ORGILAQE

Dont you just find Ladies dressed in Islamic code of dress Just Sexy

Hey guys i recently came across a Somali woman dressed in typical jeans and what have you ,no hijab and I just passed her without giving her a glance.Then a few metres later up came this beautiful woman dressed in "shuka" wearing her hijaab and i thought to myself WOW what a beautiful woman.I looked back at the last one i passed by just for comparison and even though she had a lot going for her she did not come close just on account of her dress.I was wondering whether others see things this way or whether i am too old fashioned!

OG_Girl   

I don't know what you guys talking about. Ladies you talking about don't want to be sexy for anybody, they don't dress to look sexy.

Most of us cover up to spare so much unwanted male attention from likes of you icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Salam

nafta   

^^ LOOOL...that was a good reply! :D

may i just point out that the whole point of us wearing a "shuka" is not to be found sexy...seems like aduunyo gaduun walahi :rolleyes:

gaze down next time u walk past any woman...that's what you should be doing instead of admiring how sexy one looks and what not

Ciao

Curly   

^^^ You tell him sisters!

Anyways I’ve stopped wondering why Somalis stare at one another, a friend of mine has coined a new term. It’s called the “YSIS†look which stand for Your Somali I’m Somali. So next time you spot a Somali person looking at you don’t worry, they’re just thinking, “oh look another Somali!â€

I guess our people just love each other that much! :rolleyes:

Actually I’m guilty of it myself but I’m more discreet about of course…but I doubt I do it out of love for anything!

:D

shyhem   

I have been telling 'em to go for the BUrka,it makes 'em look unique,strong,sexy and independent but again i love all our somali women and hopefully one day they will put their faith and culture before everything else.

Senora   

lol.....hon, aint that the truth!!( directed at Sue)

Our family moved into a new complex 3 months ago, and boy, i haven't been this close to so many Somalis!....it was a bit of a shock for us, but the secure feeling we eventually got warmed us up!...However, there is that staring problem that I can't get over!...its so bizarre!....and quite rude!....and now my mom does it!...LOL!...

anywho.....Orgilaqe, i know what you mean ( even though we know the girls arent doing this to be sexy, we are still women, and for many of us, no matter what we wear, we want to look good, and it shows!)

Ive always found it amazing how many women look beautiful with just their eyes! A few weeks ago at a beauty salon, i met a women there who was wearing a burka, and she looked absolutely stunning! To me, she could have brushed off any woman on the runway....

Tuujiye   

Aaaaaaaaaaaa..laqaaye saaxiib isha aa ka tuurtay yaaqee...

Maalmahaan waxaa soo baxay gabdho shukooyin xirta oo helay si wili attention raga looga helo.

In north america tii gabar aheed oo shuko xirato ayuuba suuqa ukala xiran yahay..lol..

wareer badanaa!!!

Why do girls always go on the offensive!? Apart from the look, which was wrong, and as you said, the sister didn't dress up 'islamically' to draw attention, the brother shared his admiration with us, which I and many others out there happen to share.

We should be mentioning and encouraging such behaviours.

Brother, Orgiliqe, thanks for sharing that with us.

Salaam.

I really like girls who wear the hijab yet are very trendy with it. Not sporting ur typical or all round black look. They stand out to me. The rest, hijabed or not..just look like they could use some help in the wardrobe department.

underdog   

Well the abayas and Hijabs are great...but Orgi, I think you're using the word "sexy" to describe the "mystique"...by the way stop staring...let her pass in peace. Personally speaking, I'll give them all the respect just because she chooses to "astur" herself and identify herself as a Muslim sister.

:mad: What pisses me off is the other ones that have the kamaar on but are wearing some tight-a$$ jeans..what the h3ll is that???? you're conscious enough to cover your hair, but you're too dumb cover your a$$...

Come on sisters, get your priorties straight...

P.S. Orgi, Allah aan kagabaryey in oo kugu gargaaro gabar asturan.