Sign in to follow this  
money

BASBAAS BAABASIIR SHIISHA

money   

why Somalis think that there is link between the two?

Arabs who sit all day for Shiisha are linking the Shiisha smoking, sitting and eating spicy food to it.

Are these scientifically proven or they are just urban legends?

NGONGE   

If people forget to look at the title of this topic I donطt think a single person would know what youطre talking about here.

Is it to do with this 'Baabaseer' word in the title? I have never come across this word before but I am going to have a wild guess and assume you are talking about PILES (it's called bawa-seer in Arabic).

If it is indeed piles you're talking about here then the reasons you mention are actually the ones doctors would advice you to avoid. Lack of exercise, putting on weight and eating spicy food all cause and aggravate piles.

ps

There is no proof that Shiisha has anything to do with it. :D

BASBAAS & BAABASIIR & SHIISHA

why Somalis think that there is link between the two?

I think there are three items in the title not only two. Now what do you mean ??

NinBrown   

Red hot chili pepper and hemorrhoids: the explosion of a myth: results of a prospective, randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover trial.Altomare DF, Rinaldi M, La Torre F, Scardigno D, Roveran A, Canuti S, Morea G, Spazzafumo L.

Department of Emergency and Organ Transplantation, General Surgery and Liver Transplantation Units, University of Bari, Bari, Italy. altomare@clichiru.uniba.it

PURPOSE: Spicy foods are appreciated by a large part of the world population but have been blamed for causing hemorrhoids or exacerbating their symptoms, although no epidemiologic studies have been performed supporting this hypothesis. In this double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover trial, we have studied the effects of a single dose of red hot chili pepper on the hemorrhoidal symptoms. METHODS: Fifty patients with second-degree and third-degree symptomatic hemorrhoids were randomly assigned to take a capsule containing red hot chili powder or placebo during lunch, scoring five hemorrhoidal symptoms (bleeding, swelling, pain, itching, and burning) on a visual analog scale. After one week, crossover treatment was administered according to the same methodology. Other treatments and foods potentially related with anorectal symptoms were discontinued during the study periods. RESULTS: Patients assigned low scores to their hemorrhoidal symptoms before the study and the scores remained unchanged during the 48 hours after both placebo and chili pepper treatment, the latter showing no statistically significant effects. CONCLUSIONS: There is no scientific evidence that a spicy meal based on red hot chili pepper may worsen hemorrhoidal symptoms and, therefore, there is no reason to prevent these patients from occasionally enjoying a spicy dish if they so wish.

PMID: 16708161 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

NGONGE   

^^ I stand corrected.

Edit:

No. I said I stand corrected, not correctly. I don't suffer from the problem (yet). :D

money   

Baawa siir? my arabic is bad

There are three things in the title sorry ..it is just that i heard the shiisha one lately.I liked the spicy food and hemorrhoids myth explanation. I don't think it has anything to do with age. A friend of mine had a surgeon remove it and he missed couple of soccer games. So athleticism and age excuse is out of the window. You learn things from pples.keep it coming.