Sign in to follow this  
armani

How well do you know your religion?

armani   

Hi my people, I have couple of questions about the islam religion. I am bymeans okey muslim, but when i'm asked questions about the religion for example who said, "I die even as a camel dies. I die in bed, in shame. May the eyes of cowards never find rest in sleep!". I didn't know the answer, but now that i do know the answer. I would like to see how many of the somaliaonline members can come up the right answer.

Who?

najma82   

Hey sis, salaam, I know what you mean, we should always try to learn our deen as much as possible, because that would help us in the here after. As the quote you quoted I believe Khalid bin waleed said it, I think he really wanted to be shaheed, but since he didn't die as such he was very sad about that...i think that was the last word he said it. May Allah be pleased with him. Amin

Haddad   

Originally posted by armani:

I would like to see how many of the somaliaonline members can come up the right answer.

Who?

Nowadays, all what it takes to get an answer is 2-3 clicks and a few seconds. I highlighted the quote, right-clicked it (Firefox), and pressed the Search Web for option. The result. My point is, it's different when you ask it online and when you ask it in real life.

najma82   

wow, that is very smart, never thought of that one, but it so much better when you hear the story of khalid r.a. in real life...it will make you cry :(

Thanks haddad, I learned something new from your sourse too smile.gif

Armani

It was khalid ibn waleed who said those words.

Imagine when the a Sword of ALLAAH who crushed 2 mighty super powers in a row is that modest. And you have today ordinary cowards boasting "am the man". What a constrast!

What a Soldier he was!

What a man!

armani   

I admire people with islam knowledge. I think we all realize that we do have somewhat knowledge about the religion. But the point i was stressing about was to see how many people would know the answer right of their head. I believe that Najma82 and Phanta rhei knew the answer without searching from a website.

Thank you guys and please lets educate one another. ;)

Originally posted by najma82:

Hey sis, salaam, I know what you mean, we should always try to learn our deen as much as possible, because that would help us in the here after. As the quote you quoted I believe Khalid bin waleed said it, I think he really wanted to be shaheed, but since he didn't die as such he was very sad about that...i think that was the last word he said it. May Allah be pleased with him. Amin

as-salamu alaikum

I agree with u here sis {i'm guessin u'r a sister judgin by ur nick}. We should all gain knowledge on our diin so that we live this life as pious muslims and also so that we bring up our kids in an islamic environment. Imagine how the kids of a mother who never taught them anythin religion related would be, let me point out that these sort of kids already exist-they r the ones that date, go clubbin every friday nights, all bcoz their mother never taught them that datin and drinkin alcohol is haram. So in order to stop our kids from followin the western lifestyle-the lifestyle of disbelievers-we better learn our religion now

wasalam

Qac Qaac   

hey good question... Najma got the answer.. keep them coming...

one of my favorite sahabas khalid bin waliid rc.

armani   

WOW....Almaghrib insitute you really know your sources very well. It's one of the insitute i'm planning to attend pretty soon in sha allah. I'm just really glad that we have universitys like this one availabe. smile.gif