Sign in to follow this  
Johnny B

Who ate what?

^^LOL

Well, the Laxoox is small in size, just a bit bigger then a typical pancake but thinner and its made out of white flour. You eat it in serve of fours one on top of the other like pancakes. Whereas the Amhara's Canjeero is a huge the size of "basketball ring" made of a special flour named "Teff". It is brown in colour. They serve it one big Canjeero per serve.

So, which Laxoox are you referring to? :D

Muhammad   

^ Laxoox is the Somali version of 'Canjeero', the pancake is our style, light and mobile. :D

eating 'Cinjiro' is an act of treason! them rubber eaters should be arrested!

^^ :D

I ate it once while I was in Addis Abeba. It was bitter in taste (Qaayis dhanaan xiga - like a expired thing) and almost chucked up.

But I liked the Amhara Dooro-Wad, it is a spicy Chicken stir fry or soup. You can eat it with practically anything like bread, laxoox, baasto.

I just recently heard in Mogadishu they call "Chickens" "Dooro" too. In Hargeisa, that word is a big No No No... CEEB.

Muhammad   

^ oo ileen 'Dooro'na xagaax bay ka keeneen? inaanay luqada soomali asal ku lahayn waan iska garanayey.

war ileen calooshaa layna ka soo galay, ismaba ogin!

maxaa ku xiga, inaan cadarkooda soo marsano? xulbad? :eek:

Originally posted by Muhammad:

^ oo ileen 'Dooro'na xagaax bay ka keeneen? inaanay luqada soomali asal ku lahayn waan iska garanayey.

war ileen calooshaa layna ka soo galay, ismaba ogin!

maxaa ku xiga, inaan cadarkooda soo marsano? xulbad? :eek:

Soomaali language is part of Cushitic language family. Those languages share plenty of words, including wukun/ukun, liiq/luuq, gal/gal, dalaal/dilaal qasaare/qasar, gaashaa/gaashaan aada/caado, and not least canjeero and dooro.

It is possible the Amxaaro borrowing the word from us, Cushitic people, whose members speak the dominant langauges in the Horn, and then changing the ingredients to make a lighter version of canjeero called "injera." We give too much credit to others, where it is never appreciated; it is about time we need to credit ourselves appreciatively once.

Most Cushitic languages--Soomaali, Oromo, Cafar, Saho-- have the word canjeero, though they may differ how it is made.

And for your information, "digaag" is a borrowed, foreign word.

FatB   

lol i am very suprised and some what shocked that his post has gone on for 2 pages :eek: :eek: what next?

Originally posted by sheherazade:

Xaraam caleyk. Where's the solution?
:D:D

Sheh here is the solution :-

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

1. Ngonge – Yoghurt and Shaah

2. Ahura – Sabaayad and Balbeelmo

3. Castro – Anjera and Caano Geel

4. Foxy – Donut and Coffee – am sure she doesn’t eat donuts

5. Callypso – Sambuusa and Tufax Juice

Cheers :D

Saalixa   

But how can they have laxoox on weekdays. That is wrong! you should have it only on a non working day like maybe the weekends so that you enjoy it to the full with subag ( i cant wait for hooyo to get us somemore from somalia) and honey (sometimes) with light shah ..ummm ahhhh

Does any one in here eat CAMBAABUR? it is like laxoox in size but totaly different with the ingredients and appearance. You eat it with CAANO Gadhoodh . I would be suprised to see how many of SOL nomads do eat it because it is one nice meal in the morning

Johnny B   

As you´ve realized there were more probable outcomes than reality showed , so here is the answer:

1. Ngonge – Yoghurt and Shaah

2. Callypso – Sambuusa and Tufax Juice

3. Foxy – Donut and Coffee

4. Castro – Anjera and Caano Geel

5. Ahura – Sabaayad and Balbeelmo

The winner and SOL´s most logical person is the one and ONLY Legend of Zu.

Urban   

yukurt iyo shaahi together? ma jirantahai? :D

my aunt eats xalwo for breakfast sometimes..and she complains of bad health :rolleyes:

what's cambaabur?